First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mr Dodge

Pratt, KS

#21 Apr 13, 2012
I suck and I hate these little bastards. I know thats a bad attitude to have in my line of work but it was the only job I could think of where I could get paid pretty well for doing very little plus get summers off. As they say, "Those who can't do; teach."
answer

United States

#22 Apr 13, 2012
I 100% agree with you . He has a position of power and sometimes its not a good thing for people like him. This is my point...we wonder why kids bully other kids? But how can we expect our kids to do what we teach them at home if at school(the place we leave them for 5 days a week 10 months out of the year)the people we leave them with bully and talk down to them and do not enforce the same rules for everyone. No child should be treated badly in school by a another student or teacher...ect when u become a teacher u are there to TEACH and not just the basics...they dont have teachers like when i was a kid that actually want to help mold your child and get them ready for life. I looked up to my school officals and some were even role models for me. If kids have problems in school you help fix them not make it worse by makin someone elses child with disrespect.PERID
answer

United States

#23 Apr 13, 2012
Treating someone elses child with disrespect*
Parent 2

Coffeyville, KS

#24 Apr 13, 2012
Well from what I understand Mr.Dodge will be leaving the school next year.

“"Go to Jesus and turn left." ”

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#25 Apr 14, 2012
Mr. Dodge is a very good man. He's also a good listener, and a responsive principal. He's fair, direct and gets to the bottom of the problem. If you and your son are having problems with Mr. Dodge chances are that your son is the problem and you don't want to see that for what it is. Our loss that Mr. Dodge is leaving. I've always heard "When the whole world is wrong... Right yourself."
Regular person

Coffeyville, KS

#26 Apr 14, 2012
Simple Solution: Tell your kid to STFU during class...
STFU

Coffeyville, KS

#27 Apr 14, 2012
Well said, Sultan! Anyone who has a problem with James Dodge obviously did not have the pleasure of experiencing the years of absolute hell that was Ben Smith.
Parent, in five short weeks,Dodge will be retiring and Mr. Vargas will become the new principal at FKHS.
You have all summer to work on your bitch list. Plenty of time to use spell check.
parent

Long Island City, NY

#28 Apr 14, 2012
I guess noone listenes to anything, So quick to jump and assume, just like Dodge. I have told my boy to STFU, as you would say!...but still the problem like I said over and over is not that he disiplined my son but the things he said to him, let some adult or even better a Principal tell your son that his kind is not wanted in his school, just what exzactly does he mean by that, also he asked him what he wanted to be when he got older, when my son replied, he laughed and said, well that isnt going to happen, youll never amount to anything, your a failure from what i see, what kind of person even tells a child these things, let alone a principal of a school? and just for talking, come on now, My child is far from perfect, but he doesent deserve to be put down like that, would you allow some man to talk to your child that way? how come Vargas never had a problem with my son? he said he has never had any problem with him, that he was always respectful when he has dealt with him, how come the teachers have called telling me that my boy has been doing great and made a big change and not been talking and that whatever i did made a diffrence? so dont tell me that my son isnt trying,but when he told Dodge that, he also said people dont change, and Im just gonna assume because of your past that your guilty, there isnt a problem till we deal with Dodge. He was so mad the day I talked to him that he was foaming at the mouth, striking the table, Is that how a principal is suppose to conduct their selfs?
My2Cents

Hutchinson, KS

#29 Apr 14, 2012
I don't have any in high school yet so cannot speak about Mr Dodge. However, I have dealt with issues at Roosevelt and when I feel like they don't handle things properly I have been to the school board. There are several people there that are very helpful, including Mr. Elliot. They have always checked into things for me and even though they can't go back and repair damage already done, I have never had it the same thing happen twice. You can request a meeting with the principle and somebody from the school board. That could help.
It is really sad that people have been so mean on here. Regardless of what a child does in school they are still children and should not be talked to by another parent, a teacher or the principle in certain ways.
FACT

Levittown, NY

#30 Apr 14, 2012
Don't forget that a single sentence, spoken at the right moment, can change somebody's whole perspective on life. A little encouragement can go a long long way!!! You don't know what they've been through or what is to come for them.
answer

United States

#31 Apr 14, 2012
parent wrote:
I guess noone listenes to anything, So quick to jump and assume, just like Dodge. I have told my boy to STFU, as you would say!...but still the problem like I said over and over is not that he disiplined my son but the things he said to him, let some adult or even better a Principal tell your son that his kind is not wanted in his school, just what exzactly does he mean by that, also he asked him what he wanted to be when he got older, when my son replied, he laughed and said, well that isnt going to happen, youll never amount to anything, your a failure from what i see, what kind of person even tells a child these things, let alone a principal of a school? and just for talking, come on now, My child is far from perfect, but he doesent deserve to be put down like that, would you allow some man to talk to your child that way? how come Vargas never had a problem with my son? he said he has never had any problem with him, that he was always respectful when he has dealt with him, how come the teachers have called telling me that my boy has been doing great and made a big change and not been talking and that whatever i did made a diffrence? so dont tell me that my son isnt trying,but when he told Dodge that, he also said people dont change, and Im just gonna assume because of your past that your guilty, there isnt a problem till we deal with Dodge. He was so mad the day I talked to him that he was foaming at the mouth, striking the table, Is that how a principal is suppose to conduct their selfs?
one thing you should see here is there is no understanding from other ppl dont expect them to understand that not all kids do well in school and some need a lil extra help. But that should be ok bc its their job to TEACH them. I dont even hve kids BUT i was a problem child in school ( not proud of it) but it helped that tge teachers didnt judge me or disrespect me. Just bc their kids doesnt mean they dont deserve respect. Thats how you teach them...by showing them all ppl deserve respect. Give up on expecting ppl to understand that. Hope it gets better for u!
STFU

Coffeyville, KS

#32 Apr 15, 2012
My God, just homeschool your little brat.
I strongly suspect that you are exaggerating your story, "parent".
Until you all see what these teachers and administrators and staff have to deal with everyday because you have coddled,spoiled and made excuses for your spawn's behavior instead of holding them accountable, then you have the right to criticize them.
Parent

United States

#33 Apr 15, 2012
Thats the job they chose, knowing they would have to deal with hundreds of children every day, and yes children should be held accountable, but so should the staff, teachers and Principals... What right does he have to criticize my boy, And hell no im not going to homeschool my child, why should he have to be homeschooled because of 1 person, If they cant handle the line of work they picked to be in than they need to get out. cause there are alot of good teachers and staff that care and really want to be there.
Really

Columbia, MO

#34 Apr 20, 2012
Buttercup wrote:
Goodness, seeing all these posts filled with horrible grammar and misspelled words? Maybe you all should have stayed in school so you could have set a better example for your delinquent offspring.
The problem is not the principal. The problem is the lack of parenting. Spend a day at the high school just observing the behavior of the teens. Loud, obnoxious, rude, and profanity flows like water. They do not care who is around to hear it. Did they learn that from their teachers or the building principal? NO, they learned that behavior at home. It really ticks me off when parents have a child get into trouble and want to place the blame on everyone BUT the child who is responsible.
So Mr. Dodge may (or may not) have said something abrupt or not sugar coated to your child. BOO HOO. Your precious little baby angel is probably not going to be forever damaged because someone gave him a taste of his own medicine.
For the record? Mr. Dodge is retiring at the end of this school year. So you will have a new building principal to whine about next year.
I agree!!! Especially about the spelling errors and grammar. It hurts to read most of these posts!
I guess a teacher can spot a teacher even on line!lol

Since: Nov 11

United States

#35 Apr 21, 2012
Parent wrote:
Thats the job they chose, knowing they would have to deal with hundreds of children every day, and yes children should be held accountable, but so should the staff, teachers and Principals... What right does he have to criticize my boy, And hell no im not going to homeschool my child, why should he have to be homeschooled because of 1 person, If they cant handle the line of work they picked to be in than they need to get out. cause there are alot of good teachers and staff that care and really want to be there.
You should want to homeschool your child because he will get a better education. There are many resources online that were not available ten years ago. Even the most uneducated parent could successfully home educate a child. In youth propoganda camps, some teachers can't teach, most aren't allowed to teach, and none are allowed to discipline the little inmates.

As far as criticism, I remember the story of my middle school vice principal yelling at a parent "If you don't like me calling you or your kid stupid, stop being stupid.". My mother worked in the school office at the time and told me the story. If you or your kid are being stupid, he doesn't have the right to criticize you and/or your child. He has the obligation to do so.
SO HAPPY

Coffeyville, KS

#36 Apr 27, 2012
YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!! Principal Dodge IS LEAVING!!!!!!!!!! Next school year should be much better NOW!!!!! My son should have a much better school year!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coffeyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PHOTOS: Amazon.com leaves Coffyville in a lurch 14 hr Inmate 13 1
Corliss brothers 17 hr been stupid 1
christmas bucks (Dec '10) 21 hr Not rich 30
Where can I sell a camper at? Wed new mom in town 5
why classic auto blows? (Apr '11) Tue never 17
to ladies Tue JoeNeeds2know 1
word game (Mar '13) Tue Trouser Cough 377

Coffeyville News Video

Coffeyville Dating
Find my Match