Police investigating consignment shop for selling synthetic drugs

Sep 28, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WCYB

The town of Coeburn, Virginia is still battling synthetic drugs. "It's been a big problem here in Coeburn for about a year, the sale of synthetic drugs in particular," said Town Manager, Loretta Mays.

Comments
1 - 19 of 19 Comments Last updated Oct 20, 2012
Unbanable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Quit battling because incense is here to stay call it k2 or synthetic pot its herbal potpourri and what should be reported is
LAWYER: The National Synthetic Drug Crackdown Won't Hold Up
Last week federal agents seized about 5 million packets of synthetic drugs, raw material to produce 13.6 million more and $36 million in cash while arresting more than 90 people in the first nationwide crackdown of synthetic drugs.
At least one lawyer believes that most of the products and cash will be returned and the people arrested will be exonerated.
Spencer Siegel, a Florida criminal defense attorney with 18 years experience, works with the herbal incense or "Spice" by testing products in a lab and then advising manufacturers, distributors and retailers on whether the products follow established laws.
"[Herbal incense] can be used in many legal ways," Siegel said. "The fact that it can be misused is understood and accepted, but other products can be misused as well."
Siegel instructs his clients that there should never be any confusion that these products are not for human consumption – as they are harmful and potentially deadly if smoked – and said that names like Scooby Snacks are "ridiculous and stupid and pretty much inviting" attention from law enforcement.
Nevertheless Siegel believes Operation Log Jam will fail to lead to many successful prosecutions because "90 to 99 percent of people involved had done everything they were supposed to do" to try and stay on the correct side of the law.

"This is the world's largest and [best] organized shakedown I've ever seen in my life," he said. "They're shaking it down because they don't like the way the product sounds. But the product is not illegal."
In March 2011 the DEA issued a temporary federal ban that outlawed one of the main ingredients in Spice – called JWH-018 – because its effects are comparable with marijuana when smoked. Makers of herbal incense then changed the ingredient to a similar chemical (i.e. AM-2201) until that was banned on July 10 of this year.
So the manufacturers created the newest forms of Spice with a commercially available and legal chemical called UR-144 that is structurally different and has different effects than the previous two.
Then Operation Log Jam happened. 
DEA
Siegel said that most of the people were arrested in the raids were not selling anything that contained illegal chemicals or variations of illegal chemicals. His firm, Siegel Siegel & Wright, has put together a team of scientists and a team of lawyers to argue motions for dismissal throughout the country.
"How does a person who was a businessman on Tuesday become a drug dealer on Thursday?" Siegel said. "That's what's happened." Millions of tax payers money was wasted on this effortless attempt and has become a disgrace to the officials who were involved in it
Unbanable

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Police are also wasting tax payer money on something that is here to stay
The reality is that if it is legal, then why wouldn't people be able to sell it?" Siegel said. "And if it should be illegal, then let's make legislation that makes it illegal so when know that it's behavior that we should be avoiding."
Siegel said that judges will have to dismiss the herbal incense cases because "there is no way a jury can make a decision that these people had the intent or the knowledge" that they were selling an illegal product. 
About 167,000 packets of bath salts were also seized in the raid, but Siegel said that's a different industry that he doesn't represent because he doesn't agree with it.
"The downfall of the herbal incense business was bath salts," Siegel said herbal incense and bath salts will always be legal with an unlimited amount of cbemicals the only thing that only chemicals considered dangerous will continue to be banned law enforcement and agencies should take care of the real drug problem is ignored while tax payer money is used for anything but good people need to stop complaining its here to stay
Shenna

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Why dont they take out the toothless pill and needle users next door to them lol now that would be a big raid lmao the 3way is the walmart of illegal drugs and needles place is a haven for dope users yet amazingly the go for totally legal issues when some one is shooting up a roxy next door.. Or the guy in the front u can usually see snorting something toothless girls strung out looking to get paid for sex... really are they this blind or oblivious to what drugs really are its potpourri is yeah people misuse it... Seems they would want to wipe to get ride of the real problem just go door to door at the 3way clean up the meth and pills not a legal fragrance item used to make something smell better.
bess

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

i have heard that it is illegal to have open motor oil. who came up with that.what will be next
Todd

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 29, 2012

Why? No positive evidence has confirmed that herbal incense has caused any harm. The evil is the powder salt they are people mixing meth and dangerously illegal chemicals in those apartments a guy was trying to sell me something called stardust living in front of the police department those roach infested apartments is the home of evildoers who get our children on drugs almost anyone can post tell u what day some1 gets a script of 3s or who is up to cooking a toxic dinner. These our the never ending problem that bribery and politics keep captain jack looking in a different direction. We need to have federal agents far away from this corrupt county come investigate why they cant take care of drug central...

But the officers in coeburn lack major intelligence its lucky the can solve a crossword puzzle i challenge anyone to go stand 5 mins in site if those dreadful apartments and i seen 6 or 7 different people doing a drug deal..the police can probably hardly tie the little shiny black shoes they like to walk around doing anything but upholding the law. How many have seen that new cop potter up to no good either with a prostitute or unlawfully following motorists with high beams on waiting for them to to swerve or purposely scare the driver into his trap for a ticket what a great waste of a job they gave him.. Remember that pawn shop got broke into and coeburns finest were the last on the scene and least helpful... All of them are a joke by any standards that police needs needs top to bottom cleaning i thought they were on the right direction when they got rid of pete stout who has took enough bribes he could retire... Then shock and awe of why replace him with a complete imbecile. A Former Dickenson county officer and this guy has a page of complaints and he uses unethical ways of investigating using lies harassment turning family or people coworkers against one another for his satisfaction even long after someone who were found innocent months down the road...he thinks he is hot sh?! In fact is a wannabe with his big boy pants on
rick

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Todd wrote:
Why? No positive evidence has confirmed that herbal incense has caused any harm. The evil is the powder salt they are people mixing meth and dangerously illegal chemicals in those apartments a guy was trying to sell me something called stardust living in front of the police department those roach infested apartments is the home of evildoers who get our children on drugs almost anyone can post tell u what day some1 gets a script of 3s or who is up to cooking a toxic dinner. These our the never ending problem that bribery and politics keep captain jack looking in a different direction. We need to have federal agents far away from this corrupt county come investigate why they cant take care of drug central...
But the officers in coeburn lack major intelligence its lucky the can solve a crossword puzzle i challenge anyone to go stand 5 mins in site if those dreadful apartments and i seen 6 or 7 different people doing a drug deal..the police can probably hardly tie the little shiny black shoes they like to walk around doing anything but upholding the law. How many have seen that new cop potter up to no good either with a prostitute or unlawfully following motorists with high beams on waiting for them to to swerve or purposely scare the driver into his trap for a ticket what a great waste of a job they gave him.. Remember that pawn shop got broke into and coeburns finest were the last on the scene and least helpful... All of them are a joke by any standards that police needs needs top to bottom cleaning i thought they were on the right direction when they got rid of pete stout who has took enough bribes he could retire... Then shock and awe of why replace him with a complete imbecile. A Former Dickenson county officer and this guy has a page of complaints and he uses unethical ways of investigating using lies harassment turning family or people coworkers against one another for his satisfaction even long after someone who were found innocent months down the road...he thinks he is hot sh?! In fact is a wannabe with his big boy pants on
You know you are so right.No one could say it it any better.
Corky

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

know some1 that is still selling in coeburn good for them for not stopping at least some people know that coeburn ordinance is a bunch of words on paper tbat cant be legally help up in court unless the stuff as am2201 on it it is totally legal im about to start selling myself in coeburn and i dare them to stop me all herbal contain ur144 fur144 which is still legal and about 200 more chems are ready to be released.. Smell it its ur right and its illegal if they try to take that freedom from you the only way coeburns ordinance can be enforced is if me the federal government changed the federal analog act which has been protected since the 1970 then if that were passed smokey joe would also have to remove products from walmart rite aid no more advil pills in general soap gas also would have to be banned
Slickr

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Does anyone know how to contact police internal affairs because cpd need to be investigated looks like the hired a toothless zztop looking redneck what a corrupt town coeburn is all of there cases need to be reviewed of any arrests because i highly doubt they know anything about any laws this nation has protecting people cossie hale made a fool of himself with that bust no one arrested and they then gave it back to them i would sue cpd for reimbursement of business they lost that day and for harassment anthony needs to sue the county and show them they cant do this... Its a federal crime what the did to get it gone i hope anthony makes an example out of law enforcement in backwoods southwest va really dont even know what is legal just makes me wonder how many other people have been troubled by these dcorruot cops who break laws themselves but they are cop its ok to bend the law to what they see or think is illegal..
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Slickr wrote:
Does anyone know how to contact police internal affairs because cpd need to be investigated looks like the hired a toothless zztop looking redneck what a corrupt town coeburn is all of there cases need to be reviewed of any arrests because i highly doubt they know anything about any laws this nation has protecting people cossie hale made a fool of himself with that bust no one arrested and they then gave it back to them i would sue cpd for reimbursement of business they lost that day and for harassment anthony needs to sue the county and show them they cant do this... Its a federal crime what the did to get it gone i hope anthony makes an example out of law enforcement in backwoods southwest va really dont even know what is legal just makes me wonder how many other people have been troubled by these dcorruot cops who break laws themselves but they are cop its ok to bend the law to what they see or think is illegal..
Why don't you kiss all the cpd's a^&* because you are nothing but a lowlife that is afraid he can't get his fix anymore that close to home. It's about time the law enforcement is making examples out of the idiot's selling these drugs.
Yeah ok

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

I know at least 10 stores still selling and incense is here to stay read the laws ur probably one of the pigs
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Yeah ok wrote:
I know at least 10 stores still selling and incense is here to stay read the laws ur probably one of the pigs
No I'm not one of them, I just believe if you break the law then your dumba*& needs to go to jail.... and as far as the other places.... they will go down with the rest.... what's the matter do they have you running scared......
bll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

no law on selling motor yet. you can get it almost any where
Smelling potpourri

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

No not scared at all mike actually smelling a little right now. Go ahead and hate and live in denial its here to stay... And even more legal here is a taste of whats to come lol you don't even know who I am lets say this for now got something coming to a town near you unlike anthony we are ahead of the game and have been planning for months here is whats coming you way..

READ AND LEARN!

↓

We are compliant with the entire United States of America!

Compliant in the entire United States of America per I.E. The entire planet more legal than legal

We do not sell herbal incense or synthetic drugs we sell Enhanced Botanical Mulch

The term "synthetic pot" is receiving a bad name from the press however we do not sell, advertise or imply any of our Enhanced Botanical Mulch if referred to as synthetic drugs they are for botanicals not intended for or any type of human consumption. In fact we do not suggest what one wants to do with it. Its for ones one garden or tree it can be used to practice and religious freedom which is covered in the constitution.

It would be unconstitutional to outlaw Mulch . Its a name. The press is slandering the term "incense". If these could be outlawed some of the countries largest store chains like Walmart, Lowes, K-Mart would be in serious trouble. They have shelves full of products marked not for human consumption.

However the government can outlaw certain chemicals and certain states and the DEA has or may place bans on the chemicals listed below. Weather or not this is constitutional is your right to decide.

However we are compliant.

Our Mulch is legal in all 50 states and DEA compliant according the their perspective manufacturers and lab documents from chemical research testing labs.
Smelling potpourri stll

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 30, 2012

Judged:

Throughout history, there have been individuals who stood up to tyranny at great personal risk for no reason other than it being the right thing to do. From the anonymous young man who famously faced down tanks during the protests at Tiananmen Square in 1989 through the self-immolation of Mohamed Bouazizi which sparked the revolutions known as the Arab Spring, it often takes an act of incredible risk or self-sacrifice in order to galvanize a movement. Sadly, those of us who believe that as free individuals we have an intrinsic right to ingest whichever substances we choose into our own bodies have yet to find a leader to inspire us into standing up and fighting for our rights.

We shall never surrender!
mike

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 1, 2012

you will surrender when you go to jail lmbo
ok thats right

Hendersonville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

i smell it
Lock them away

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 5, 2012

Judged:

Anyone who is contributing to the corruption of our kids with drugs of any kind should either be locked away for life or taken to some out of the way spot in the woods and left there with a rope around their neck! There is no excuse for trash of any kind littering our streets and what should be done is an extensive litter pick up from end to end.

The only way to get rid of trash is to burry it!
Hey

Roanoke, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Can someone name a store that sells it? I would love to bring some revenue to your town :)
citizen

Bellevue, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2012

Tom dandy in tacoma sells also!!! Just watch your back!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coeburn Discussions

Search the Coeburn Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Hugs? (Jan '14) 2 hr LBLB 40
fake weed 4 hr weallknow 3
Mayor 8 hr lois 15
johnathan sparkman 11 hr Curious 12
Stan Fleming (Aug '13) 12 hr Ooorah 39
First Baptist Church Mon name 6
to all mixed martial artists. Jul 27 Lol 3
•••
•••