Coal City/Diamond snow plowing - the worst

Posted in the Coal City Forum

Comments
1 - 10 of 10 Comments Last updated Jun 10, 2012
Joey

Wilmington, IL

#1 Jan 15, 2012
I understand the budget process and financial responsibility,etc. but with the taxes we pay it is inexcusable to leave our side roads snow-packed 1-2 in. deep and consider the job well done. The roads will remain this way until the sun DOES ITS JOB. If this was our highway system there would be outrage, letters to the state reps etc. iNCASE THEY FORGOT , OUR SCHOOL BUSES USE THESE THESE ROADS TO TRANSPORT OUR CHILDREN. I've watched the plow drivers come down our street with the plow barely or not even touching the ground. Any job opennings ?. Maybe we elected the wrong mayors. Is ther any supervision ? ACCOUNTABILITY
Loraine

Coal City, IL

#2 Jan 15, 2012
I have contacted the Diamond Mayor about plowing problems in my neighborhood and I got an immediate response. Give her a call.
Really

Carleton, MI

#3 Jan 15, 2012
it required a call?? How big is the village of diamond anyway.
Joey

Wilmington, IL

#4 Jan 15, 2012
We shouldn't have to call the mayor. This isn't pre-school. Whoever runs that depatment should make sure the job is done right. Maybe its time for a new foreman and or new drivers. this takes place after EVERY snow storm.
Loraine

Coal City, IL

#5 Jan 15, 2012
A simple phone call to correct a problem is usually appreciated by a good supervisor. Unless of course your goal is just to have something to grumble and complain about. Then carry on.
Joey

Wilmington, IL

#6 Jan 15, 2012
Perhaps your the supervisor who doesn't do her job.also, a good supervisor would not have to be informed from the public when work is not completed if he or she did the job they are being paid for. Carry on with your coffee and donut
Loraine

Coal City, IL

#7 Jan 15, 2012
Joey wrote:
Perhaps your the supervisor who doesn't do her job.also, a good supervisor would not have to be informed from the public when work is not completed if he or she did the job they are being paid for. Carry on with your coffee and donut
Nope, just another homeowner who no longer has a problem because I made a phone call. As taxpayers aren't we ultimately the top supervisors?

Good luck to you.
Joey

Wilmington, IL

#8 Jan 15, 2012
as tax payers we shouldn't have to supervse the supervisor. if case you haven't noticed 75% of the side steets are still snow covered 3 days after the storm. I applaude your tollerance and wished I worked for you. One last note: who will you call when you or a loved one is injured on these roads and how tollerant will you be then.
Good luck to you also and drive safely
Jenna

United States

#9 Jan 16, 2012
And the mayor wants to raise our taxes 14%. I think not. You cannot even get the streets plowed.
Joey

Wilmington, IL

#10 Jun 10, 2012
I would like to be in on the interview when the Coal City Mc D's hires someone. 90% of the peple there can't even get th simplest order correct. Time after time the orders are filled incorrect. But who cares they still collect the cash and put fuel in thier boat. Shame on you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Coal City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr KiMare 49,518
Why are all mechanics leaving Bob's Auto? 9 hr the real dan 5
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 11 hr only one voter 1,909
House on Sunset - Wilmington 21 hr Neighbors from Hell 3
Confederate flag on trucks (May '11) Mon swsc 181
Bobcat Organization Ripped Off???? Aug 31 Soccer mom 7
Grundy County Corruption (Sep '11) Aug 30 taxpayer 58
•••
•••
Coal City Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••