California seeks to ban free, single-use carryout bags in retail

Jun 5, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Chain Store Age

New York City The California State Assembly on Wednesday narrowly approved a bill would make California the first state in the nation to ban single-use plastic and paper bags from being handed out free of charge at supermarkets, drug stores, convenience stores and liquor stores.

Comments
3,081 - 3,100 of 4,977 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago

“Built like a ”

Since: Aug 08

North Korean missile!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Judged:

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
Hopefully that revolution comes after mexicans go from 10% of the population to lets say 35-40%, so we can take our southwest land back, and kick all you greedy, corrupted officials out of our lands, an replace them with our own greedy corrupted! Hahah we are no different!
R A C I S T !
Misty

Barstow, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Judged:

Misty is driving to Azusa, California?

“Built like a ”

North Korean missile!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Judged:

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! Racist!? I'm just saying the truth of american politics.
Yeah, but Your tan beret and leather jackboots are showing.
Cyan

San Jose, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Judged:

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>Hopefully that revolution comes after mexicans go from 10% of the population to lets say 35-40%, so we can take our southwest land back, and kick all you greedy, corrupted officials out of our lands, an replace them with our own greedy corrupted! Hahah we are no different!
You got that right Mexica!!!!

Since: Sep 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 19, 2012

Judged:

Gloop™.

“Built like a ”

North Korean missile!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

The Gloop wrote:
Gloop™.
Pretty much.
A Tree

Chinese Camp, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
Lmao! Racist!? I'm just saying the truth of american politics.
Why don't You stick to mexican politics.
Anonymous

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Did someone take my eggs when I wasn't looking or are they step children we have to support.
They manage our money without our consent. They take it for granted that since we didn't find out because we were babies it's okay.? I have a bond? where is it? somebody please explain this to me.
Anonymous

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

holey money Hoagland says all planets are warming up and our core it the problem but I'm sure planes and chemtrails aren't there to help
Raydot

California City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Why do the mexicans kill each other in the United States and in mexico? They butcher their own people by chopping them up in the worst ever ways. And then they think by telling the Pope, they will not kill anyone while he is visiting, will somehow buy them a way into the pearly gates of heaven. These people that do these gawd awful things for the world to see, will find their eternal life burning in hell. I see the United States going into mexico like they did Afghanistan and changing their failed government by killing everyone who isn't normal. I see the United States taking control of mexico's oil. 50,000 dead mexicans in just five or six years is a threat to the United States.

“Facts”

Since: May 08

Mexico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

Raydot wrote:
Why do the mexicans kill each other in the United States and in mexico? They butcher their own people by chopping them up in the worst ever ways. And then they think by telling the Pope, they will not kill anyone while he is visiting, will somehow buy them a way into the pearly gates of heaven. These people that do these gawd awful things for the world to see, will find their eternal life burning in hell. I see the United States going into mexico like they did Afghanistan and changing their failed government by killing everyone who isn't normal. I see the United States taking control of mexico's oil. 50,000 dead mexicans in just five or six years is a threat to the United States.
why do Americans kill each other?????

Go to point Richmond and see

In Mexico the vast majority of all crime is related to drug trafficking.........

And in the USA the majority of Mexicans you see are criminal invaders that are also wanted in Mexico

I live here in the Vallarta area with 500k people and over a third are American or Canadian and we just had our first murder this year and the guy was selling drugs

Show me any city with 500k people in the USA with only one murder this year and no murders last year
Zeta Reticulan

Modesto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

nelly65 wrote:
Did someone take my eggs when I wasn't looking or are they step children we have to support.
They manage our money without our consent. They take it for granted that since we didn't find out because we were babies it's okay.? I have a bond? where is it? somebody please explain this to me.
Sorry about the eggs.

Since: Sep 08

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

nelly65 wrote:
Gloop.
Cyan

Palmdale, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2012

Judged:

WTF?? Nelly65, Gloop & Mexspicka??
You make less sense than A Tree.

“Built like a ”

North Korean missile!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

mexica wrote:
<quoted text>
No thank you. I'm already establish here! Just like your ancestor that took Mexican land grant and never left... they even declare themselves independent. Suck it up now
You're whacked.
Fontucky

California City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Judged:

Well one thing is very clear, Americans absolutely hate mexicans. Especially the ones in California. The debt in California and Nevada will flush the mexicans back to their own country. Most are already leaving because of the strict laws being past that will jail employers for hiring them and landlords who rent to them. Anchor babies are leaving as well. I prefer to use the term, ANCHOR BRAT BANGER BABIES. But alot of people will call them Bean Dips. There is a new book out that has all the words for these illegal criminals. It's called "BEANERS"
God Bless the USA

Santa Cruz, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2012

Illegal criminals?
Is there another kind?
Think about it.

“Built like a ”

North Korean missile!.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

Judged:

^^ R A C I S T !
FCK BARACK OBAMA

California City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2012

The war in mexico sponsored by Barack Obama is spreading into the United States. Click on BorderlandBeat Mexico, now look to the right side for popular posts in the red, now click the first post to watch the video. WARNING!!!! this garbage sponsored by our coward president that will not address it, will make you want to move to another country where it's safer. BEWARE!!!!! it will make you sick. The chainsaw thing was funny compared to this. Most mexicans are on the drug cartels side. Even the MS 13 bangers in Los Angeles decapitate and slaughter their own people. It really is time for our military to kill off these evil people that do this kind of stuff in our country and in mexico under Obamas watch.
Zanja

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2012

This shows the ABSOLUTE stupidity of California people and politcians and why they can't balance a budget, hire new talented staff, or provide meaningful services. Anyone with half a brain knows the minor litter consequences of plastic bags. Yet, the legislature is taking up valuable time to debate this.

California has a $1.9 trillion dollar economy, stopped growing and started losing jobs. Massive state and local layoffs are still coming and we are talking about BAGS!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Coachella Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr what up doc 200,578
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 21 hr facts faced 15,929
Touch Of Class Consignments, Cathedral City, ca. (Aug '13) Tue Ned 123
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
SB County's district attorney defends his integ... (Nov '08) Aug 18 curious citizen 67
Tony Casas, 77; Former Prisons Official Worked ... (Sep '07) Aug 17 Vivian Was Always... 685
CA Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting t... (Jul '10) Aug 6 starbucks 2,262

Search the Coachella Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Coachella Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Coachella People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Coachella News, Events & Info