Haunted House inClintwood?

Posted in the Clintwood Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Curious User

Murfreesboro, TN

#1 Feb 13, 2011
Can anyone tell me about the haunted stone house near Flemingtown Church in Clintwood? I'm curious on the story about it
Old house info

Hendersonville, TN

#2 Feb 13, 2011
Was told it was used as a civil war Hospital during the civil war. And was also told that a family used to live there and a young girl in the family got pregnant out of wedlock and when the baby was born her father found out about it and murdered the child. Some people say you can here a baby crying. Not sure if any of this is true. Someone else may know more than me.
HunDred

Hong Kong

#3 Feb 27, 2011
Why want to know?
well

United States

#4 Feb 28, 2011
Its interesting
FYI

Knoxville, TN

#5 Feb 28, 2011
my family owns that house or used to own it there wasn't any person that got pregnant and they didn't kill the baby, the story my cousin told me is that she was upstairs in her and her husbands bedroom and she heard footsteps and a knock on there bedroom door and she thought it was her husband playing a trick on her then she opened the door and she looked out the window that was right beside her bedroom door and her husband was outside in the front yard smoking a cigarette. and she heard other noises besides that but that was the biggest thing.
well

United States

#6 Mar 1, 2011
Cool, I hate to admit this and I kno its wrong but me and some of my friends decided to go there 1 halloween night. We were going to break in and stay there for most of the night but we knew that there was a family that stayed there some during some months out of the year but wasn't for sure when that was so we were gona knock on the door first and if any1 answered then we were gona make up some story and ask like if some fake girl by some fake name was there and then just say sorry we got the wrong house or something like that. Needless to say there was some1 there so we sisnt get to stay. But this guy I went to school with said that he and his dad I think was paid to so some yard work there and he said that he took a peek in the window, not to be nosy or anything he was just curious because he has always heard that it was haunted, and he seen some entity, wasn't human, kinda ghostly, that came at the window really fast and it scared him so bad that he passed out.
well

United States

#7 Mar 1, 2011
Now when I say break in I don't mean that we were gona steal anything. We jus wanted to stay for a while just to see if anything scary happened.
Family Member

Haysi, VA

#8 Mar 1, 2011
The house is owned by the family of the late Edna Mullins Adkins. It has been in the family since it was built. She lived there for many years until her death. I have stayed in the house and have never seen or heard of anything that could be considered paranormal. Though, some of my family members have experienced strange happenings. Granny Edna used to always say that if there were any ghosts, then they are family and wouldn't harm you. She related experiences that she had to us several times, but most could probably be explained by natural occurrences. Her sons family has lived across the road from the house for many years and look over the house and the property.
chatty kathy

Haysi, VA

#9 Mar 4, 2011
anyibne ever heard it called midget mansion? lol i have. why? no idea.
i always heard you can hear dogs barking and babys crying in the attic (ghosts). i also heard of ghosts being seen in the road were common.
personally i would love to know if it ever plans to go on the market, i'd pay just to have a tour of the place!
hahaha

United States

#10 Mar 5, 2011
I was gonna say people would probably pay just to get to stay a night in that house. I know I would. I'm all for experiencing some paranormal entities!
clintwood user

Mount Juliet, TN

#11 Jul 16, 2011
i live 2 minutes away from it it was used during the civil war my mamaw used 2 go there all the time and i went in there a wile back and i heard like something walking down the stairs and all the people were down stairs
Im_me

Murfreesboro, TN

#12 Jul 17, 2011
my grandma sais that she has always been told its haunted. and maybe about 2 months ago, my neighbor told me they was on there way home and it was dark and they saw a white figure cross the road and dissapear in the weeds there.
Loves The Outdoors

Nashville, TN

#13 Jul 19, 2011
Don`t know anything about it but it could be a really nice place with some work!
JLB

Clinchco, VA

#14 Aug 15, 2011
Where is it at? Not too familiar with C-wood but I would LOVE to go there one night. I love anything thats could be or is haunted!
scared

United States

#15 Oct 8, 2011
sounds scary
one who knows

Mount Juliet, TN

#16 Oct 8, 2011
chatty kathy wrote:
anyibne ever heard it called midget mansion? lol i have. why? no idea.
i always heard you can hear dogs barking and babys crying in the attic (ghosts). i also heard of ghosts being seen in the road were common.
personally i would love to know if it ever plans to go on the market, i'd pay just to have a tour of the place!
Thats not midget mansion. It was another old house, but has been torn down for years.
GhostStar

Norton, VA

#17 Aug 13, 2012
I have come by that house many times and I have seen the ghost come out of the bushes and across the road. She is an older lady who appears to be a school teacher. She is a beautiful spirit who seems to want to protect the property. It is a beautiful home and I can't help but stare everytime I go past it.
none of you busniess

Betsy Layne, KY

#18 Sep 27, 2012
my aunt faye and ednas son ronnie were saying in the house one night and faye and ronnie were fussing and faye went into another room and she said that the doorknob kept turning and she opend the door and nothing was there she went into ronnie's room and he was sound asleep
I admit

Madison, TN

#19 Oct 6, 2012
When I was in high school my boyfriend and I used to park behind that house every weekend. I always toiught it was abandoned or something. Now a couple weeks ago I noticed lights on inside. I never knew the place even had electricity. I'd love to take a tour of the place.
ddad

Battle Creek, MI

#20 Feb 6, 2013
Old house info wrote:
Was told it was used as a civil war Hospital during the civil war. And was also told that a family used to live there and a young girl in the family got pregnant out of wedlock and when the baby was born her father found out about it and murdered the child. Some people say you can here a baby crying. Not sure if any of this is true. Someone else may know more than me.
That Stone House was'nt built till 1920, So Civil War hospital is inaccurate. It is owned by Decendants of Edna Mullins, and has some paranormal history of sorts. I'd advise any kids or young adults to stay out, it is closely watched.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clintwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tina slemp 9 hr Got used 24
Food Sh...City (Feb '14) 11 hr Foxy Lady 19
jessica "fat as$" mullins (Nov '10) 16 hr tweeterandthemonk... 11
huddle house 21 hr mullins 1
David & Kayla Hamilton 22 hr Tinytotty77 8
Joe Blevins.. Sat Candy 2
Dade Hill DEADBEAT DAD Sat haha 4
Clintwood Dating
Find my Match

Clintwood People Search