Harlan Hoskins murder that happened in 1982

Posted in the Clinton Forum

Comments
1 - 7 of 7 Comments Last updated Jun 24, 2009

Since: Jan 09

Jellico

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 25, 2009
 
has anyone read the book about the murder "final judgement the Hoskins Hollow murder by Richard Foschino??(true story) but whats your take on who really killed him?& do you think it was solved?
simplefact

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 6, 2009
 
shaliesmamaw wrote:
has anyone read the book about the murder "final judgement the Hoskins Hollow murder by Richard Foschino??(true story) but whats your take on who really killed him?& do you think it was solved?
I read it,you have to know all the people involved to get the names correct because he changed all them around except for the ones who are dead,anyway maybe they're waiting on another election to say its solved,but everyone already knew that Soapy&Gary were involved!!
curious

Nashville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jun 13, 2009
 
simplefact wrote:
<quoted text>
I read it,you have to know all the people involved to get the names correct because he changed all them around except for the ones who are dead,anyway maybe they're waiting on another election to say its solved,but everyone already knew that Soapy&Gary were involved!!
How would you know? Did you know them personally or maybe friends?
remember

Midland, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jun 14, 2009
 
The soapy guy was a friend of a former sheriff. He ran a bar perhaps on that hiway to oak ridge. I know a woman who reported to the sheriff that her son had bought drugs there. A few days later the police picked up her son and beat the hell out of him and that was the end of the story.(If it is the same soapy ??? could be a few soapys who also had a sheriff fond of them....
whatsupnow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jun 15, 2009
 
Soapy Taylor and Johnny Ray Morgan were heavily involved with 2 or 3 Sheriffs over the years. They had a lot of pull since they helped the Sheriffs run illegal operations. Morgan was a bag man for at least one Sheriff. He owned the produce market on oak Ridge Hwy. Taylor was a bar owner among other things. He went around and collected pay off money from bar owners in the county to allow them to run gambling, etc. without the Sheriff's interference. None of the aforementioned Sheriffs are still alive except one I think but it's hard telling how much money they skimmed from bar owners over the years. BTW, I got this info years ago directly from one of the long time Deputies and he doesn't lie!
whatsupnow

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jun 15, 2009
 
I meant to infer that Morgan was the bag man. not Taylor.
curious

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jun 24, 2009
 
remember wrote:
The soapy guy was a friend of a former sheriff. He ran a bar perhaps on that hiway to oak ridge. I know a woman who reported to the sheriff that her son had bought drugs there. A few days later the police picked up her son and beat the hell out of him and that was the end of the story.(If it is the same soapy ??? could be a few soapys who also had a sheriff fond of them....
good lord knows there is only one Soapy(that's quite enough)

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Clinton Forum right now

Search the Clinton Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Carlisle Tire in Clinton (Apr '11) 1 hr I work at Carlisle 31
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 2 hr WTSenior 141,075
Bryan S and Michelle F 3 hr just me 31
Engagement Cranmore-Bell (Aug '07) 7 hr shocker 19
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 8 hr Zeke 8,959
Anthony Lay Rock Star 19 hr Skank 8
Meth Sat deadpull 7
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clinton Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Clinton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clinton
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••