claxton football

Posted in the Clinton Forum

pigskin

United States

#1 Aug 16, 2012
Cheating again, huh? Got their first game forfeited for not turning in birth certificates. And last year it was an ineligible player... what will it be next year.
coach12

Charlotte, NC

#3 Aug 20, 2012
Come to Norwood boys club in os it's 38 bucks to play.never been in trouble
Hopperchargers

Oak Ridge, TN

#4 Oct 7, 2012
Won't be a next year
Claxton mom

Oak Ridge, TN

#5 Oct 7, 2012
pigskin wrote:
Cheating again, huh? Got their first game forfeited for not turning in birth certificates. And last year it was an ineligible player... what will it be next year.
Claxton won't even have a program next year thanks to all the support for that one poor kid who isn't even sure whathis name is he thinks it may be lorenzo its not his fault but they have ruined the whole program for this one kids that nobody even knows how old he is.
idiot

Oak Ridge, TN

#6 Oct 7, 2012
Yo idiot! We have the birth certificate! He plays 10year old aau basketball he is LEGAL! What the VFC is not legal is that he came from knox to play! So this is the tning if my son sat out a year he couls play anywhere in th VFC but one kid from powell wants to play and everyone trips out! The reason we are on probation is because of the director not turning in paperwork! Not because of a kid that is legal! The director wants everyone to think that!
Claxton mom

Oak Ridge, TN

#7 Oct 7, 2012
Well idiot, then where does the kid live because if he lived in Claxton then there would be no problem since he didn't come from another vfc team. I was at the meeting and his"reason" for justifying playing at Claxton is because he had a younger "brother" who played there last year and what do you say??? The parents names don't match at all on the two kids birth certificates so who's lying now?
Once again

Oak Ridge, TN

#8 Oct 7, 2012
The younger half brother was to young to play last year that's the only reason they came to Claxton was so he could play tackle I am sure after the intelligent, wholesome way that Everybody has acted they wish they hadn't. Don't try to say or pretend you we're at a meeting if you can't get facts straight. The whole situation was a big mess and could have been avoided besides it wasn't even just about that The Claxton program is in trouble because nobody paid fees, nothing was turned in right same thing that happened to our peewee team last year don't even know why we came back. I have seen the cutters play get real they would be winning without the kid. And then what would your problem be ?? It's not even the VFC so tired of hearing that its that the person running that program can't tell the truth and has told so many different people different stories that nobody even knows truth anymore. But this I do know the child I assume the previous person is talking about is as legal as it gets his birth certificate is turned in. I have seen him high five the little ones and he is a good KID. It's not a one man show so change the channel get a life and why not show a little pride that a group of boys had a good year. The program was circling last year and its not the VFC's or a eleven year old kids fault.
Rules101

Oak Ridge, TN

#9 Oct 8, 2012
The kid is legal age, but doesn't live in area that the VFC rules say are legal. Couldn't prove that him and the JV hopper are brothers. May be they are but no proof. He is a good kid, all the kids are. Rules are rules, vote to change them in off season if you don't agree with them.
Claxton mom

Oak Ridge, TN

#10 Oct 8, 2012
Still waiting on this DNA test that was promised at the meeting.....
really

Oak Ridge, TN

#11 Oct 8, 2012
Claxton mom wrote:
Still waiting on this DNA test that was promised at the meeting.....
Not sure what is more pathetic that someone cared enough to go so far as to offer a DNA TEST obviously they already no results to.be willing to pay for it for Optimist football or that 'claxton mom' is actually waiting on it..........
really

Oak Ridge, TN

#12 Oct 8, 2012
Rules101 wrote:
The kid is legal age, but doesn't live in area that the VFC rules say are legal. Couldn't prove that him and the JV hopper are brothers. May be they are but no proof. He is a good kid, all the kids are. Rules are rules, vote to change them in off season if you don't agree with them.
let us talk about rules? The two boys have same address a majority of the time xcept when other parent has visits. If the address had been the same would nothing have been said. Does anybody out there not see how absurd this is? RULES? Lets get out all the paperwork for all teams and see if everything is rule abiding but wait EVERYBODY involved has made fools of themselves all for what???? A trophy ...... its been taken away from the kids The kids on that team no matter how bad you cant stand it legit team cant even just be ' just that good' and any team that wins in the end is going to know that they never won againest the team that everybody hated on. So how about this rule ? Treat people like you want to be treated and sometimes you just believe someone because its the neighborly thing to do Its funny last year Claxton had this really good kid and as usual the paperwork screwed up again but way to go Talent was once again ran out of town because thats what its all about Right?
Panther Pride

Oak Ridge, TN

#13 Oct 8, 2012
2 kids are illegal!!!!
Citizen

Maryville, TN

#14 Oct 9, 2012
Jealousy is an ugly thing!! This team has and will win against any other team in the VFC with no problems at all. They beat SC 27 to 0 in 3 quarters and he never touched the ball and played 1 quarter on the defensive line, nuff said! They just chose to do the right thing and stand behind a kid that is perfectly legal in every way. Its just the same story with the incompetent director screwing up the paperwork once again!
LEO

United States

#15 Oct 9, 2012
Citizen wrote:
Jealousy is an ugly thing!! This team has and will win against any other team in the VFC with no problems at all. They beat SC 27 to 0 in 3 quarters and he never touched the ball and played 1 quarter on the defensive line, nuff said! They just chose to do the right thing and stand behind a kid that is perfectly legal in every way. Its just the same story with the incompetent director screwing up the paperwork once again!
They have a good team, so get over it! The VFC punished them for the mishap, but they do have a good team so why does everyone keep going on and on about it! Also, if your kid is not a good player, he isn't going to play as much! That's the way it goes regardless if it's little league, middle school, high school, college, travel team, etc. A coaches son does normally get a good position, but it's 99.9% of the time because the kid is athletic and can play the game with a great understanding of the sport!Also, a coach isnormally 10x harder on their on kid then the other kids! Most of you parents would complain and gripe to if they were as hard on your own kid! Most coaches played ball and were obviously very athletic, so naturally their kids would be also!
A coach is there to teach and win; therefore, he's only going to play the kids who will know the game the best, plus he continue to teach those who are eager to play. The kids on the sidelines need to practice harder and their parents (not just their coach) needs to work with them! It makes me laugh thinking these parents want to complain becuase a coach isn't playing their kid when they are coaching them to win the game and teaching the fundamentals to the entire team. Coaches kids do seem to be better, why!, because "the parent works with them to on side." Self explanatory!

No I do not have a son, but wish I did! I did coach and would get so tired of this BS. If I had a son, yes I would coach the sports he was good in and I would play him in a main position if I knew he would help the team and be a leader. Stop focusing on jealousy and help your own kid, which will also help the coaches do their job in which they "volunteer" for!
Get it Straight

Oak Ridge, TN

#16 Oct 9, 2012
LEO wrote:
<quoted text>
They have a good team, so get over it! The VFC punished them for the mishap, but they do have a good team so why does everyone keep going on and on about it! Also, if your kid is not a good player, he isn't going to play as much! That's the way it goes regardless if it's little league, middle school, high school, college, travel team, etc. A coaches son does normally get a good position, but it's 99.9% of the time because the kid is athletic and can play the game with a great understanding of the sport!Also, a coach isnormally 10x harder on their on kid then the other kids! Most of you parents would complain and gripe to if they were as hard on your own kid! Most coaches played ball and were obviously very athletic, so naturally their kids would be also!
A coach is there to teach and win; therefore, he's only going to play the kids who will know the game the best, plus he continue to teach those who are eager to play. The kids on the sidelines need to practice harder and their parents (not just their coach) needs to work with them! It makes me laugh thinking these parents want to complain becuase a coach isn't playing their kid when they are coaching them to win the game and teaching the fundamentals to the entire team. Coaches kids do seem to be better, why!, because "the parent works with them to on side." Self explanatory!
No I do not have a son, but wish I did! I did coach and would get so tired of this BS. If I had a son, yes I would coach the sports he was good in and I would play him in a main position if I knew he would help the team and be a leader. Stop focusing on jealousy and help your own kid, which will also help the coaches do their job in which they "volunteer" for!
very well written.
Get it Straight

Oak Ridge, TN

#17 Oct 9, 2012
Panther Pride wrote:
2 kids are illegal!!!!
copper ridge is okay guess you should have listened to whole conversation ......uh oh
LOL

Johnson City, TN

#18 Oct 9, 2012
Do you guys realize this Is an OPTIMIST football league that you're making a big deal about? Not the SEC. Lol how embarrassing, please get lives. Thanks.
confused

Clinton, TN

#19 Oct 10, 2012
Can someone calmly explain what's going on in Claxton? In confused the little boy didn't get to play because the director didn't turn in the papers on time? How does that get them probation? But someone said the boy played and they ran the score up?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Clinton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TN Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in... (Oct '10) 42 min BOiaF 152,182
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 54 min fgtwwq 8,644
David Allen 10 hr curious 3
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 16 hr ytrewq 9,474
shemalelol Sun shemalelol 1
Single lepericaun loose Sun Flea 7
my azz itchez Sun lol 3

Clinton Jobs

Clinton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Clinton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Clinton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]