Elected officials...Most of them

Posted in the Cleburne Forum

Crooks

United States

#1 Dec 15, 2011
Cleburne will be terrible until "The Good Ole Boy" system disintegrates. Until then there is no hope. All the politicians need to retire so we can have an new younger NOT CORRUPT politicians overseeing things. No one runs against the DA because they fear the backlash if they do. The same people have ran the courthouse for 20 plus years. ITS TIME FOR A CHANGE. Not to mention the outrageous sentences people get for non violent crimes, BUT if you molest a child you will most likely not be prosecuted b/c you managed to pass a lie detector test OR you get a slap on the wrist. The DA & Attorneys seem to be real close & enjoy golf. If you have $ you get out of trouble if not you public defender (pretender) will get you the maximum sentence even if it's not a severe crime.. If the city wants property that's yours they will tax you out of business. as much respect as I have for the CPD, I can't ignore the fact that the CPD is terrible, lazy, & often treats the victim as the criminal. Detectives don't seem to do much detecting. Which you would thinknwith all the burglaries happening they would at least..TAKE FINGERPRINTS!. But taking fingerprints must be
too time consuming. They do not care if your home is burglarized, car, or business. They pretty much tell you know that you will never see your things again, the criminal won't be found & basically you wasted your time filing report.. All the officialls are in each others pocket & are in it to make $ not to make a good community. The old timers need to do Cleburne some good & retire from ever running for re-election for anything. The city needs to get a grip on the ridiculous permit fees, & outrageous property rules they try to implement on people already suffering because of the outrageous property taxes assessed to the community. The "Good
OleBoys" don't care if Cleburne prospers & small businesses thrive....all they care about is doing for whoever& whatever puts extra $ in their pocket. They make it impossible for many small business to succeed. The code enforcement actually wastes times sending letters to people with signs on their business property saying they need a permit, which of course costs, & only can be done for 2 weeks at a time twice a year? what good would that do for anyone? However at
the same time they try to fine you if you don't get the permit in 7-10 days, they turn around and let certain business's leave them out front of their business for years. this town has 2 sets of rules for it's citizens one for those of influence & money and then the rest of us. Outside of the corruptness of this town by elected officials it's really not a bad place to live & have a family. So if you can wait all these old guys out, who have taken complete control of the town for decades, then I believe Cleburne will be able to see it's full potential as a wonderful, family oriented, growing community.
El Viajero

Cedar Park, TX

#2 Dec 17, 2011
What you need to do is vote them out, instead of waiting for them to retire. Go to the polls, and get others to go to the polls. The elitist retain power, because we let them, by not voting. You can bet you ass that they get their supporters to the polls.

It starts with the primaries. You have to get good Republicans, because whoever wins the Republican primary, wins the election. Democrats don't stand a chance in most of Texas.

If a good canddiate gets in, it will piss off the party elites. They will then come after them trying to paint them as a kook. Every now and then one of us does get elected, like Ron Paul. Look what they do to him. During the governors race in 2010, we had a great candidate, Debra Medina. Rick Perry and his dirty tricksters were able to make something up on here to portray her as a kook, and the stupid voters fell for it, hook, line and sinker.

Until "We the People" become better informed and actually get out and vote, the elites will continue their reign of terror.
whatever

Wichita Falls, TX

#3 Mar 14, 2012
"crooks" you sound like you are disgruntled. Why not move out of Cleburne if you are not happy? Why not run for City Council, even Mayor? volunteer in organizations, get involved in your community? Why not make an attempt to change things by getting out there and networking instead of slamming all elected officials on a gossip forum? You can't change a think by complaining on here, you have to get out there and make a difference. Every small town seems to think there is a "good ol boy" mentality. Well I am here to tell you (and I don't live near your city), they have that mentality because they are all working together ...all volunteering their precious time to make things better for the masses. You are obviously ignorant (and I say that with respect) to how things work....study up
El Viajero

Austin, TX

#4 Mar 22, 2012
whatever wrote:
"crooks" you sound like you are disgruntled. Why not move out of Cleburne if you are not happy? Why not run for City Council, even Mayor? volunteer in organizations, get involved in your community? Why not make an attempt to change things by getting out there and networking instead of slamming all elected officials on a gossip forum? You can't change a think by complaining on here, you have to get out there and make a difference. Every small town seems to think there is a "good ol boy" mentality. Well I am here to tell you (and I don't live near your city), they have that mentality because they are all working together ...all volunteering their precious time to make things better for the masses. You are obviously ignorant (and I say that with respect) to how things work....study up
in some respects you are right. But wat you don't mention is there is a gangsterism in politics. That's why many seek these offices........to enrich themselves and their buddies, not to "make things better for the masses". That my friend is the truth.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cleburne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
99 sterling Dec 15 Twoey 1
what kinda town is granbury really? (Sep '08) Dec 10 Granbury resident 37
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
info on danny laird (Apr '10) Nov 24 lee wu 11
long lost friend (Mar '14) Nov 24 lee wu 2
Texas Oil And Gas Companies Must Now Research A... Nov '14 Texan 2

Cleburne News Video

Cleburne Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cleburne People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cleburne News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cleburne

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 10:43 am PST

ESPN10:43AM
Texans' Quessenberry fiercely battles lymphoma
NBC Sports 1:53 PM
Case Keenum fills in nicely at QB for Texans - NBC Sports
NBC Sports 2:07 PM
Why aren't other teams lining up for Jason Garrett?
Yahoo! Sports 2:25 PM
Romo's best version looking good for Cowboys
Bleacher Report 1:23 AM
Hot Cowboys Value Staying Sharp over Rest; Playing to Win vs. Redskins