Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

Over the last few weeks, I have noticed an overall decline in the quality of life in Stonewood. Elected officials are using their powers to further personal agendas. Police presence is down. Crimes are up. At the city council meetings, the powers that be point fingers at each other, offering lame excuses for why nothing is done about the problems that are creeping into the town. People who do nothing to stop the crimes are just as guilty as those who commit the crimes.
Stonewood Resident

West Union, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

I couldn't agree more, all that was given was excuse after excuse and poor Chief Bokey he wasn't upset that a police officer got fired because his feeling were hurt when he was demoted, so he said before he stormed out and slammed the door behind him. Chief Bokey was unwilling to alter his schedule to include night shift for the safety of the citizens, him and the Mayor seem hell bent on him doing the cross walk at the school, which will cost the city more money since the Board of Ed pays 1/4 of the salary, but will not pay a police officer, which makes since to everyone. They are suppose to be answering calls and you would think out investigating all the crime, but that seems to be pushed off on the officer that works 1 night a week...amazing. Also, I would like to know since when it is Nutter Fort's responsibility to patrol Stonewood, the Mayor must have made some kind of deal with them but no one seemed to know about it and Chief Bokey didn't deny it. I guess Nutter Fort police Dept. better get in gear as well and stop the crime in Stonewood.
Clarksburg Citizen

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2011

Judged:

I fear that if something is not done soon to take care of the problem with the break ins, people are going to take the law into their own hands. Granted, I have no sympathy for the thieves out there breaking in, but I fear that this will end badly. At this point, neighbors are being suspicious of neighbors and are afraid to watch out for one another. The distrust will spread and paranoia may set in.

We could have a vigilante situation on our hands. Somebody's going to be hurt or killed. If that happens, then the mayor, city council, and possibly the police force will have egg on their face...and blood on their hands.
Stonewood Resident

West Union, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2011

Judged:

Sadly, I really don't think the Mayor or the police care that was obviious from the meeting, and I am not speaking of all the policemen that work here in Stonewood. They were more concerned about fighting over him sitting at the school crossing. I feel sorry for the City Council, they are a wonderful group well with the exception on 1 of them, he is the Mayors mini me or shadow, whatever you want to call him. It's a sad day when the residents pay every month for police protection and some have been robbed 2 weekends in a row and all they can talk about is hurt feelings and school crossings. You're right, taking the law into your own hands, no good can come of that. I have wonderful neighbors and I hate seeing them work hard day after day only to have someone steal it, just isn't fair.
Clarksburg Citizen

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2011

Judged:

In Stonewood, our police force is a joke. Speaking of jokes, here's one.

A Stonewood Cop, a unicorn, a sasquatch, and an effective Stonewood mayor all drive to a stop sign at the same time. Which one goes first?

None of them! They're all mythical creatures!!
Dazed and confused

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

I saw something last night that I could not believe. My boyfriend and I were driving home and we saw an ICE CREAM TRUCK parked in the middle of the road about 9:30 pm. It had "NICE DREAMS" spray painted on the back of it. I know this is a reference to the old Cheech and Chong movie. It was after dark and waaay too late for any legitimate ice cream truck to be driving and selling treats. My guess is that the drug dealers have an ice cream truck and using it. That tells me two things....

1) the dealers are becoming very bold by doing this (although I originally chuckled at first, I soon became enraged because there are kids in the neighborhood).

2) if the local cops can't find a drug dealing ice cream truck, how in the hell can they find kids wearing dark clothing that are breaking into the houses in parts of Stonewood?

Has anybody else seen this ice cream truck?
Nice Dreams Driver

Fairmont, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

Dave? Dave's not here, dude.

“Don't sing it, Bring it!”

Since: Nov 08

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

Clarksburg Citizen wrote:
In Stonewood, our police force is a joke. Speaking of jokes, here's one.
A Stonewood Cop, a unicorn, a sasquatch, and an effective Stonewood mayor all drive to a stop sign at the same time. Which one goes first?
None of them! They're all mythical creatures!!
They also took out that stop sign.

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

Dazed and confused wrote:
I saw something last night that I could not believe. My boyfriend and I were driving home and we saw an ICE CREAM TRUCK parked in the middle of the road about 9:30 pm. It had "NICE DREAMS" spray painted on the back of it. I know this is a reference to the old Cheech and Chong movie. It was after dark and waaay too late for any legitimate ice cream truck to be driving and selling treats. My guess is that the drug dealers have an ice cream truck and using it. That tells me two things....
1) the dealers are becoming very bold by doing this (although I originally chuckled at first, I soon became enraged because there are kids in the neighborhood).
2) if the local cops can't find a drug dealing ice cream truck, how in the hell can they find kids wearing dark clothing that are breaking into the houses in parts of Stonewood?
Has anybody else seen this ice cream truck?
Is that the one broadcasting snoop dogg instead of carnival music?
Stonewood Resident

West Union, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

Razor1979 wrote:
<quoted text>
They also took out that stop sign.
HA!!!!@ the stop sign!
Dazed and confused

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2011

Judged:

Sad thing is, I wasn't joking when I said I saw it. And it WAS playing music...it was playing the creepy, tinkling ice cream truck music.
God, this has got to be some kind of twisted Twilight Zone that Stonewood is getting into. Think about it:

1) A rat-tailed hippie stoner mayor;

2) A police force right out of Sheriff Lobo or The Dukes of Hazzard (hell, all we need is a General Lee or a Firebird). Sheriff Bokey in response to the thieves: "G,g,g...I'll cuff 'em and stuff 'em".

3) An ice cream truck with NICE DREAMS spray painted on the side.

4) All in a town named STONEwood.

YOU CANT MAKE THIS UP!!!!
Senior Stonewood Resident

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

All cities, big and small, have their problems. However, I have actually seen the city of Stonewood calm down In the last month and I feel more safe than I have for a long time. If the council would accept that a new mayor is in office and just work with the fact instead of against it then the city could move forward even more smoothly. Instead of wasting your time arguing about past problems and disagreements why don't you open your eyes, look around and try to think of something positive you can suggest and work with it to actually improve the city. Step back and take a look at the whole situation. You look like children bickering and not budging to help anything even if it is a good change being made. If you want to bicker for a win to past arguments instead of what good might come from change you are living in past tense and wasting the cities money! Stop rebelling and try to move forward
Stonewood Resident

West Union, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2011

Judged:

Senior Stonewood Resident wrote:
All cities, big and small, have their problems. However, I have actually seen the city of Stonewood calm down In the last month and I feel more safe than I have for a long time. If the council would accept that a new mayor is in office and just work with the fact instead of against it then the city could move forward even more smoothly. Instead of wasting your time arguing about past problems and disagreements why don't you open your eyes, look around and try to think of something positive you can suggest and work with it to actually improve the city. Step back and take a look at the whole situation. You look like children bickering and not budging to help anything even if it is a good change being made. If you want to bicker for a win to past arguments instead of what good might come from change you are living in past tense and wasting the cities money! Stop rebelling and try to move forward
I'm glad you feel safer, you must stay completely away from the City Council Meetings or you would see the numerous residents that show up and have either been robbed or vandalized, some 2 weekends in a row! And on the subject of wasted money, that is interesting that you would defend a Mayor that is black topping ditches and trying to get the city to pay for his personal attorney in the lawsuit he alone created and not consider that wasted money, that gives me a chuckle. Look at the CAD reports, then tell me how safe you feel....

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2011

Judged:

Senior Stonewood Resident wrote:
Please I beg you to open your eyes and see what is going on around you! It came up at the last council that John Hines is not willing to work with any of the city council members other than Tom Rinehart. It is John that is not willing to work with council, not the other way around. All of the decisions are being made by John Hines, city council is not being advised of anything. One council woman stood up and said as much at the last meeting, as John stood there with a confused look on his face. Do you agree that the city of Stonewood should be paying $14,000.00 plus for Mr. Hines' legal fees? If you think that is okay then maybe you should pay his fees. Do you also think that it is okay for the city to pay our employees overtime to do work on people's private properties? Inquire about the condition of the city's budget? or lack there of. I also will assume that you have not been robbed yet, and that your property has not been stolen? Property in which you yourself or someone else in your home has spent good hard earned money? If you are not informed about the things going on in this city. If you are truly in fact a "Senior" that even lives in Stonewood, then would you agree to pay additional money ($10.00 to $20.00 more a month) on top of you already high water bill to pay for the effective police protection that we once had, without that increase? I still can not believe that Mr. Hines has anyone at all in the community so oblivious. I can't help but love the fact that former mayor Gorby sits in the council meeting with his arms crossed, laughing to himself that he has set John up to take the fall for his Decisions. Gorby said that Hines would be a one term mayor. Let's see how many more bad decisions Gorby can get Hines to make, to ensure his one term mayor prediction.
Part of Stonewood again

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 1, 2011

Judged:

Thank you council, mayor or whoever made the decision to take care of the top of the hill area around the end of fourth street. It's nice to see the ditches being taken care of and it is also nice to see someone actually knows we are part of the city. The last officials in office told the people around here we was not part of the city. Thank you all again and keep up the good work on the ditches. There are many more throughout the city that are serious problems. Also the road signs are readable again and that terrible speed bump is gone at the bottom of the hill.. That is such a relief on my old car since I can't afford a new one.. Good work to all! Thanks
WONDER

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2011

Judged:

Hey,Part of Stonewood again..... I know what your saying.... The last officials However did do alot of work for the woman that worked in the Stonewood city hall.... with blacktop ditchs,snow removal and placing gravel in her personal parking spot infront of her neighbors garage .....thats where our tax dollars went
Part of Stonewood again

Plainview, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

Judged:

Hi Wonder, I knew there was a lot of favoritism from the last bunch in there. I saw a lot of that happening myself. I don't see it now, and I thank the council and the new mayor for trying to better the entire city and not do things for just certain individuals. And to Senior Stonewood Resident, I also feel safer and see Stonewood back to a nicer community. I had vandalism take place during the last term and know of a couple others who had a break in. First time in the 40 years I've lived here. Good luck to everybody working together. I know it is hard when some people get their anger set in concrete. Soon they don't realize what they are even fighting for. I agree with you to let's start moving forward and quit trying to bring back the past.
Stonewood Person

West Union, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 3, 2011

Judged:

Part of Stonewood again wrote:
Hi Wonder, I knew there was a lot of favoritism from the last bunch in there. I saw a lot of that happening myself. I don't see it now, and I thank the council and the new mayor for trying to better the entire city and not do things for just certain individuals. And to Senior Stonewood Resident, I also feel safer and see Stonewood back to a nicer community. I had vandalism take place during the last term and know of a couple others who had a break in. First time in the 40 years I've lived here. Good luck to everybody working together. I know it is hard when some people get their anger set in concrete. Soon they don't realize what they are even fighting for. I agree with you to let's start moving forward and quit trying to bring back the past.
I will only say...Hello BOKEY STONEWOODS CHOICE.....or should I say Marcus Hines????? You must be traveling this weekend usually you are home in Padukea Ky.

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Judged:

Stonewood Person wrote:
<quoted text>
I will only say...Hello BOKEY STONEWOODS CHOICE.....or should I say Marcus Hines????? You must be traveling this weekend usually you are home in Padukea Ky.
LOL I was not going to be the one to say anything! Just love reading the nonsense that he posts. You know as well as I do that all you have to do is open your eyes and see all the madness going on around this town, and everyday is only getting worse. Why is Bokey spending all his time up at Eastpoint does anyone know? Does anyone know why these part time boys go on four times as many calls as Bokey? Thank you Stonewood part time Policemen for doing your jobs.

Clarksburg, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 4, 2011

Judged:

Thank you to the mayor of stonewood for the rescue of puppies from multiple fires this week alone, you sir are a savior on earth.

haha.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of97
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

23 Users are viewing the Clarksburg Forum right now

Search the Clarksburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 3 min George 43,483
midtown lounge (May '13) 1 hr Beavis 43
Where do you find Hookers in the Clarksburg area? 1 hr Alex Weinerstein 9
Harrison co. process server. 1 hr Alex Weinerstein 72
3 Teens murder Australian man (Aug '13) 2 hr Im Keeping Mine 15
Who was the woman they found beaten in Anmoore? (Oct '12) 5 hr HerFriend 205
va employee named troy griffin 5 hr Wow 20
•••
•••
•••
•••

Clarksburg Jobs

•••