Council discusses skate park

Aug 15, 2007 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Clanton Advertiser

“We are not ready to vote on this matter tonight”

A group of residents met with the Clanton City Council Monday night to support the building of a skateboard park here. via The Clanton Advertiser

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
dustin l cleckler

Birmingham, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2007

hey i was just going to send a comment encouraging the building of a skatepark in clanton because we(the skate boarders) have been banned from the streets of clanton. so if we cant skate there then were can we?because one may look at the kid riding his board down the street and think of him as a public nucents, but if you look again you wiil also see a kid living his life to the fullest!
bear

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 26, 2007

a skate park would be a great thing because us teenagers have nothing to do around here anymore.
austin dennis

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2008

a skate park would be a great adition to clanton alabama and if your not gonna build a skate park then why wont you let us skate on the sidewalks and in the parks
female

Clanton, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 26, 2008

I am a 31 year old female that lives in Clanton. I do not have kids, and I do not skateboard. I think that these kids that do like to board are not given a fair break. Skateboarding requires a smooth surface. So, to kick them off the public sidewalks is unfair in my opinion. We have recreational parks for walking, baseball/softball, basketball, soccer, etc. It would be great to have a place for these kids to be able to board without the risk of getting hit by a car since they aren't allowed to do so on a sidewalk.
Brian Flomer

Clanton, AL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2011

I agree with all of the comments. I have almost been arrested 4 times for skateboarding. For riding around and doing ollies not even grinds and such. I don't think it would be fare to ruin a students whole future by being put in Juvie when he could be living his life to the fullest. Our city builds new stuff every couple of months, yet they don't try to encourage us they try to stop us. How is it fair to stop a sport? That's like saying football and baseball are banned. I mean skating is a sport just like every other one. If they get like 4 fields and such i think it would be only fair to atleast get acouple of ramps. Or just give us a slab of concrete and We would build our own ramps (like the Slab in bham). Plus How is building it a bad idea? if you make people pay (which i wouldn't even mind)Then you'd have your money back in a year or so? and then you'd make profit. Now come on and give us a place to skate or something where we can freely express ourselves without getting handcuffed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 5 of5
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Clanton Discussions

Search the Clanton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Susan Connell (Feb '09) Apr 9 Liz 70
Will paying for defensive driving for an Arizon... Feb '14 Nikhita 3
Whats the best way to get a car to drive across... Feb '14 Sarasa 5
AL Who do you support for Governor in Alabama in 2... (Oct '10) Jan '14 WnL 699
Did you ever go to an auto body shop and they g... Dec '13 marjoryfvv785 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Clanton, AL (Jul '10) Nov '13 GGG 11
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov '13 Close Distance 79
•••
•••
•••
Clanton Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Clanton Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Clanton People Search