Public Defender Howard 'Skip' Babb retiring after 32 years

May 4, 2012 Full story: The Orlando Sentinel 49

Bo Samargya, an attorney in Inverness, is running for the open seat of Public Defender in the Fifth Judicial Circuit in 2011.

Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
GO BO

United States

#1 May 5, 2012
Bo Samargya Needs Our Support For Public Defender

Please contact BO and let him know you appreciate him giving us a chance to select and elect our own PUBLIC DEFENDER without allowing the corruption of Lake County to do that for us under the cover of darkness and secrets!

Bo Samargya now has a website: http://boforpd.com
Lake County Style

United States

#2 May 5, 2012
'Ready to retire' Announcment made May 5, 2012

IF SKIP BABB WAS SO READY TO RETIRE WHY DIDNíT HE MENTION IT BEFORE THE QUALIFYING DEADLINE ON APRIL 20TH?

"I'm ready to retire," said Babb, who recently turned 64. "Thirty-two years is plenty for me. It's been enjoyable and I think I've managed to do some good." AS IN HELPING KEEP THOSE CHECKS ROLLING INTO THE LAKE COUNTY PROBATION OFFICE AND LOADING THE JAIL AND STATE PRISON SYSTEM WITH INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO DID NOT RECEIVE PROPER AND LEGAL SUPPORT FOR THEIR DEFENSE. HENRY FORD INVENTED THE ASSEMBLY LINE SKIP BABB ADAPTED IT TO THE LEGAL DEFENSE OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.

IT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED SAD FOR A MAN WHO HAS BEEN AT THE PUBLIC TROUGH FOR 32 YEARS TO BE REMEMBERED FOR HIS GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT BEING THE CONSPIRACY WITH THE SYSTEM TO MANIPULATE HIS REPLACEMENT BY NOT PUBLICLY ANNOUNCING HIS RETIREMENT BEFORE THE END OF THE QUALAIFYING PERIOD HOPING NO ONE WOULD FIND OUT AND HIS FRIEND WOULD SIMPLY IN HIS STEAD BE LIKE MOST OF THE JUDGES RE-ELECTED BY DEFAULT; BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE IS RUNNING AGAINST THEM!
Go Bo

United States

#4 May 8, 2012
Go Bo wrote:
Rocco- What you say makes perfect sence. Won't you please allow us to explain it so the folks who are supposed to be doing the voting can better understand it.
What Rocco is saying is that the current Public Defender endorses Mike Graves. Thats pretty obvious since he even waited until after the filing deadline to announce his retirement hoping Graves would not have any competition. Oh and The State Attorney Brad King endorses Graves as well as "all of the attorneys in the whole circuit are behind him." NOW THAT IS NOT TRUE! Mike graves is a proven leader and teacher and he is a very successful business man. OH HE CAN MAKE MONEY HE JUST CAN'T KEEP IT - EXPENSIVE HABITS YOU KNOW! HE'S GETTING OLD AND NO RETIREMENT.
But Rocco what you are really saying here is that Michale Graves has the endorsement of Lake County's Culture of Corruption. You left out names like Sheriff Borders and Bob McKee and Jennifer and Mark Hill , they endorse him too even though Mark's not supposed to get involved in politics because he's a judge.
Maybe just maybe since your little insiders secrets that Babb was not going to run escaped to the people and as you say "Bo Samargya is a nice guy" and he's qualified alright - maybe he changed jobs because he doesn't fall in that click with the corruption making decisions on others lives behind closed doors like Mike Graves, Skipper Babb and Brad King and the others do.
To put it plainly those who back Lakes culture of corruption and snort the white stuff and go for all their crooked little deals will vote for Mike Graves. Those who can see what great lengths Skipper and courthouse mafia went to to keep this a secret and slip Graves in without the voters having a choice will vote for BO SAMARGYA. Hundreds of us long ago made up our minds and many are attorney's right here in the 5TH CIRCUS who are tired of these controls and corruption!
It's Your turn again!
Go Bo: You make blanket unsubstantiated allegations of "Lakes (sic) culture of corruption" and "snort the white stuff", but they are just words. Show me some proof of widespread Lake County corruption in any form. I'm assuming that "white stuff" means cocaine, what are you referring to? And the crooked little deals- I'm waiting to hear what you mean? These are just words used to inflame the reader, however they are not backed up with any evidence whatsoever. What you are trying to do is deflect the fact that Bo is unqualified to hold the position of Public Defender. State the reasons why he should be elected. What experience does he have that makes you better qualified than Mike Graves to hold a position that has a budget of millions of dollars? What experience does he have that will allow him to lead hundreds of employees? His track history indicates that he has been unable to run a successful business of less than 5 employees! Heck, he hasn't had the same job for more than three years since he has graduated from law school. What can he do to make sure these young lawyers are taught properly? Tell us how Bo Samargya, a lawyer with limited trial experience, without any real history of business success, and without any particular position that sets him apart from anyone should garner the vote of the people? Just spouting words like "corruption" and "courthouse mafia" without a scintilla of proof of these things smacks of desperation and does nothing to benefit his campaign. They are tag words that carry with it no substance. If this is Bo's election strategy, I doubt he'll even get to double digits in the voting. You and the hundreds of others will be his only votes. And by the way Bo Samargya is no Abraham Lincoln or Ronald Reagan.
Tavares Voter

United States

#5 May 8, 2012
People here around Tavares say that Graves has been twice suspended by the Florida Bar regarding cocaine use. Is this true or not? We need to know before we vote for him.
Go Bo

United States

#6 May 8, 2012
Go Bo wrote:
Go Bo wrote:
Rocco- What you say makes perfect sence. Won't you please allow us to explain it so the folks who are supposed to be doing the voting can better understand it.
What Rocco is saying is that the current Public Defender endorses Mike Graves. Thats pretty obvious since he even waited until after the filing deadline to announce his retirement hoping Graves would not have any competition. Oh and The State Attorney Brad King endorses Graves as well as "all of the attorneys in the whole circuit are behind him." NOW THAT IS NOT TRUE! Mike graves is a proven leader and teacher and he is a very successful business man. OH HE CAN MAKE MONEY HE JUST CAN'T KEEP IT - EXPENSIVE HABITS YOU KNOW! HE'S GETTING OLD AND NO RETIREMENT.
But Rocco what you are really saying here is that Michale Graves has the endorsement of Lake County's Culture of Corruption. You left out names like Sheriff Borders and Bob McKee and Jennifer and Mark Hill , they endorse him too even though Mark's not supposed to get involved in politics because he's a judge.
Maybe just maybe since your little insiders secrets that Babb was not going to run escaped to the people and as you say "Bo Samargya is a nice guy" and he's qualified alright - maybe he changed jobs because he doesn't fall in that click with the corruption making decisions on others lives behind closed doors like Mike Graves, Skipper Babb and Brad King and the others do.
To put it plainly those who back Lakes culture of corruption and snort the white stuff and go for all their crooked little deals will vote for Mike Graves. Those who can see what great lengths Skipper and courthouse mafia went to to keep this a secret and slip Graves in without the voters having a choice will vote for BO SAMARGYA. Hundreds of us long ago made up our minds and many are attorney's right here in the 5TH CIRCUS who are tired of these controls and corruption!
It's Your turn again!
Go Bo: You make blanket unsubstantiated allegations of "Lakes (sic) culture of corruption" and "snort the white stuff", but they are just words. Show me some proof of widespread Lake County corruption in any form. I'm assuming that "white stuff" means cocaine, what are you referring to? And the crooked little deals- I'm waiting to hear what you mean? These are just words used to inflame the reader, however they are not backed up with any evidence whatsoever. What you are trying to do is deflect the fact that Bo is unqualified to hold the position of Public Defender. State the reasons why he should be elected. What experience does he have that makes you better qualified than Mike Graves to hold a position that has a budget of millions of dollars? What experience does he have that will allow him to lead hundreds of employees? His track history indicates that he has been unable to run a successful business of less than 5 employees! Heck, he hasn't had the same job for more than three years since he has graduated from law school. What can he do to make sure these young lawyers are taught properly? Tell us how Bo Samargya, a lawyer with limited trial experience, without any real history of business success, and without any particular position that sets him apart from anyone should garner the vote of the people? Just spouting words like "corruption" and "courthouse mafia" without a scintilla of proof of these things smacks of desperation and does nothing to benefit his campaign. They are tag words that carry with it no substance. If this is Bo's election strategy, I doubt he'll even get to double digits in the voting. You and the hundreds of others will be his only votes. And by the way Bo Samargya is no Abraham Lincoln or Ronald Reagan.
The people are a lot smarter than the Tavares mobsters realize. It don't take a rocket scientist to realize Skip Babb didn't announce his retirement until after the qualifying date. Graves had been signed up since April 11, 2011. If not for Bo Samaryga there would have been no election.
Hey Go Bo

Summerfield, FL

#7 May 8, 2012
I agree with what you say. I have one question: If you are indeed an Attorney, then why have you not contacted the Florida Bar with your allegations? Did you not take an oath!! You rules state you must report Lawyer misconduct.
Voters Choice

United States

#12 May 9, 2012
final act is coming

United States

#14 May 12, 2012
CORRUPTION Ocala FL wrote:
what about judge John E Futch Marion county judge this Bastard is retiring jan 7 2013 the FBI in washing needs to do their job this man has been keeping the crooked courts, the Marion moron commission Sheriff Ed Dean & all the rest of the scumbag pigs happy AKA FAT wallets ruining peoples lives for so long he must of locked up everyone in Ocala Marion County one time or another but we the decent people of Marion County are sick & tired of all of these scumbags I have already turned all of you in for Corruption & RACKETEERING Washington DC FBI looking for all you good ole boys
They are all either corrupt or turning their heads at the corruption. One is just as bad at the other. The old joke honest people finish last ain't no joke anymore. The people are hungry and their kids are being mistreated and abused by the lack of honest law enforcement in Florida and probably most other places.

What remains to be seen at this point is if Mitt Romney can beat Obama will the justice department get some honest leadership and go back to enforcing the real laws instead of playing Obama's games to incite Occupy movements and a race war? Will Romney return Florida to the Bush corruption that to this day still flourishes in Florida? Jeb Bush wants Rubio one heartbeat from the president for some reason. I like Rubio but don't kid yourself it was the Bush money that got him there. I for one can take the Bush corruption better than the Obama Muslim, Soros, Bill Ayers, Reverend Wright, John Morgan and every other POS that's tuned into Obama's blackberry. One way or another the curtain will either close on this nightmare in November or open wide open for the final episode of a free America. After all as Obama told the Russian he will have more flexability after this elections!
Right to vote

Tampa, FL

#15 May 13, 2012
Tavares Voter wrote:
People here around Tavares say that Graves has been twice suspended by the Florida Bar regarding cocaine use. Is this true or not? We need to know before we vote for him.
Here is your official answer, directly from the Florida Bar: http://www.floridabar.org/DIVADM/ME/MPDisAct.... !OpenForm%26AutoFramed%26MFL%3 DMichael%2520Allan%2520Graves% 26ICN%3D200431151%26DAD%3DSusp ension

How can we trust a man that can not follow the rules of his own professional association? And give him a $10 million budget, and the responsibility of over 100 employees in 5 different counties?

I am definitely voting Bo Samargya on August 14.
Right to vote

Tampa, FL

#16 May 13, 2012
Try this link, since the above did not post properly. Click on Mr. graves' discipline history to see the reality.

http://www.floridabar.org/names.nsf/0/6A6EE1B...
Battle of Athens

United States

#18 May 13, 2012
It is hard to believe that veterans returning from WW2 who fought for freedom acturally returned home to find that organized corruption had invaded their on little piece of heaven right here in the USA. But even worse they also found out they had no one to turn to to enforce the real law. Like today they fixed elections for their friends just like the public defender job was supposed to be handed to Graves.

http://www.constitution.org/mil/tn/batathen.h...
Class Action lawsuit

United States

#19 May 13, 2012
Elections manipulated by insiders such as this Public Defender's race was in the process of are taking away voter's right's to chose their own at the balalot box.

Class Action lawsuit filed on behalf of all American voters can be found at the below link.

Americans who wish to add their names in support of this action to reclaim American voters rights can go to www.americanstatesman.org to sign on to the petition.

http://www.americanstatesman.org/clientupload...
Beer 30

Summerfield, FL

#20 May 17, 2012
Say my first and only 2 Graves campaign signs the other day. One in front of his office, and the other infront of his "other office". O'keefes!!
wild willie

United States

#22 May 17, 2012
Beer 30 wrote:
Say my first and only 2 Graves campaign signs the other day. One in front of his office, and the other infront of his "other office". O'keefes!!
Hey don't Graves rent a house from Andy O'Keefe on St. Clair Abrams too? They might have to suspend him from the bar and straighten him up a little if he's going to any of their political debates and "pubic" forums. The voters don't like cocky lawyers to begin with, can't you just see Graves about half lit telling the voters how important he is? All they will be thinking about is he reminds me of John Edwards. lol
Wrong

Leesburg, FL

#23 Jun 3, 2012
Lake County Style wrote:
'Ready to retire' Announcment made May 5, 2012
IF SKIP BABB WAS SO READY TO RETIRE WHY DIDNíT HE MENTION IT BEFORE THE QUALIFYING DEADLINE ON APRIL 20TH?
"I'm ready to retire," said Babb, who recently turned 64. "Thirty-two years is plenty for me. It's been enjoyable and I think I've managed to do some good." AS IN HELPING KEEP THOSE CHECKS ROLLING INTO THE LAKE COUNTY PROBATION OFFICE AND LOADING THE JAIL AND STATE PRISON SYSTEM WITH INNOCENT PEOPLE WHO DID NOT RECEIVE PROPER AND LEGAL SUPPORT FOR THEIR DEFENSE. HENRY FORD INVENTED THE ASSEMBLY LINE SKIP BABB ADAPTED IT TO THE LEGAL DEFENSE OF INNOCENT PEOPLE.
IT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED SAD FOR A MAN WHO HAS BEEN AT THE PUBLIC TROUGH FOR 32 YEARS TO BE REMEMBERED FOR HIS GREATEST ACCOMPLISHMENT BEING THE CONSPIRACY WITH THE SYSTEM TO MANIPULATE HIS REPLACEMENT BY NOT PUBLICLY ANNOUNCING HIS RETIREMENT BEFORE THE END OF THE QUALAIFYING PERIOD HOPING NO ONE WOULD FIND OUT AND HIS FRIEND WOULD SIMPLY IN HIS STEAD BE LIKE MOST OF THE JUDGES RE-ELECTED BY DEFAULT; BECAUSE NO ONE ELSE IS RUNNING AGAINST THEM!
Maybe skip didn't announce until after the deadline because he stated very clearly 3 years ago he wasn't seeking re-election http://www.ocala.com/article/20091128/article... . How often did you want a news story about the outgoing public defender? It's not really a glamour position
got competition

United States

#24 Jun 3, 2012
Wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe skip didn't announce until after the deadline because he stated very clearly 3 years ago he wasn't seeking re-election http://www.ocala.com/article/20091128/article... . How often did you want a news story about the outgoing public defender? It's not really a glamour position
You physophants are so full of shit no wonder your eyes are brown.

Lake County Courthouse mafia manipulating control of every damn thing they can get their fingers into.$10 Million Budget with a lot of perks! Old drunk friends with no life savings and no retirement bennies who has served the courthouse mafia well over they years. It it wasn't a crooked insider deal why in the hell didn't Skipper remind everyone he was going to run. Why in the hell did he wait until after the dealine in which no thanks to him Graves had picked up come competition by then.

You guys can't shit everyone in the 5th CIRCUS some of them are hockey proof. At least Graves will have to sober up a little and put out a few yard signs in his customers yards!
alarming

Danielson, CT

#25 Jun 22, 2012
www.behindthebluewall.blogspot.com
Search Michelle O'Connell
What insight can anyone give about Brad King. Does this man represent your community properly? What is his reputation? Is he respected?
corrupt as they come

United States

#26 Jun 23, 2012
Brad King is as corrupt as they come. He prosecutes the ones he wants to and lets the real criminals walk. Even then most of his so called convictions are nothing more than plea bargains for probation. In Lake County a lot of them are probations managed by the county probation office getting the checks instead of the state for what should be felony convictions.

Several local deputies and police officers have escaped domestic abuse charges and several females in those relationships have been wrongly charged when the male counterparts were actually the aggresors.

The below article when Bill O'rielly covered his failure to prosecute the family of John Couey for hiding Jessica Lunsford. Remember she was alive and in that mobile home and Couey's family could have saved her life because he later took her outside and buried her alive. Brad King did not charge them with one thing! Also he refused to charge Heather Wendorf the vampire slayings victims daughter who recruited and brought their killer to Florida to kill her parenets. Why didn't he charge her" Because her grandfather was Billy Grahams's lawyer and he told Brad King not to charge his grand daughter they say! Things like this do not bother people like Brad King becasue they have no conscience.

http://www.newshounds.us/2005/04/28/news_houn...

Brad Kings other get criminal act was when he was appointed as a special prosecutor to investigate voter fraud bu Orlando Mayor Budder Dyer and friends. King worked hard and got Dyer indicted by a grand jury. Then he announced it was all a big mistake and dropped the charges without any court hearings. How much money did he take to do that?

The facts are all right there for everyone to see.
alarming

Danielson, CT

#27 Jun 23, 2012
Brad King has an inquest request from FDLE since March 2012 refuting the reasons Mr. King said why he won't prosecute. He has yet to respond. He, in my opinion sided with the St. Augustine Sheriffs Office, after knowing a Forensics expert Jerry Findley stated the death of Michelle O'Connell was not compatible with suicide, but homicide.
This States Attorney called the Forensics expert "theories".
Since then the medical examiner has said he will change his findings from suicide to "undetermined." The first m.e ruled suicide, then changed to death by other after seeing the photos, weapon, and the fact two ladies passed FBI lie detectors- because they heard a female screaming for help that night.
The only reason why Marion County Brad King got this case was St. Johns County States Atty R.J Larizza asked the governor to be excused due to conflict of interest n his working relationship with the Sheriffs Office.
The boyfriend, n last man to see Michelle alive was her deputy Sheriff boyfriend.
How do you file a complaint against the States Attorney. I have written letters to the department of Justice, the US Attorney office, the general attorney, the governor. Still awaiting a response.I am not giving up. Brad King knows a grand jury should be convened to finally clarify and bring closure. Let the people decide, not him.
Good Luck

United States

#28 Jun 23, 2012
It seems every last one of these people will lie and cover up for each other. In the below case the family of this murdered man has been trying for years to get an honest investigation into murder of his father by a wife of three weeks, a well connected foreign drug dealer who now works for the state of Florida. FDLE, FBI and other have worked together to cover for this criminal.

These morons are not supposed to have conflict of interest in their working relationship with the Sheriffs Office - they are supposed to be prosecuting criminals anywhere they find them even if that includes inside the sheriffs office or even inside their own state's attorney's offices.

They will use any excuse to pass the buck. Most every one of them has committed so many counts of obstruction of justice they should be running a year count with Jerry Sandusky to see which ones are entitled to the longest prison terms.

When they are well connected justice goes down the drain. Most of these so called states attorney's are nothing more than criminals prosecuting those who commit a whole lot less crimes than they do. They become the judge, jury and excecutioner so to speak by deciding who they are going to prosecute and for what crimes. They don't like the grand jury system unless they want to slaughter some innocent person and blame it on the grand jury. It has been said many times a good prosecutor (few and far between) can have a grand jury indict a ham sandwich. The problem is the ones like Brad King are to lazy to exert the enery to do so.

http://www.charliecristgovernor.com/

The attorney in Jacksonville that has been helping the Cohen family (or trying too) might be interested ib hearinbg your story as well. His letters to the governors and contact information can be found in the information on that link.

Good Luck - you are dealing with a bunch of orgainzed criminals when you are dealing with the likes of bible thumping Brad King. He's got ever excuse in the book not to do the right thing everytime!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Citrus Hills Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
FL August 23 Florida Primary Election: Will you vote? (Aug '10) 1 hr ram 2,471
Tv antenae Sep 11 parkmark 5
FL 2010 Florida Governor Race Election Results a "... (Nov '10) Sep 8 Liberal forever 2,972
Highlander Cafe shut down. Sep 7 Bob 5
Highlander Cafe shut down. Sep 7 Bob 3
FL Who do you support for Attorney General in Flor... (Oct '10) Sep 2 AWAKE 2,125
Prostitution sting nets 32 men in Brooksville (Sep '08) Aug 30 really not true 15
•••
•••
Citrus Hills Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Citrus Hills Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Citrus Hills People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Citrus Hills News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Citrus Hills
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••