Wyoming Council OK's resolution backing LS power plant

Nov 4, 2009 Full story: HometownSource 11

In a bold move, Wyoming City Council took a unified stand Monday night in support of the LS Power Sunrise River Energy Station, proposed for Lent Township in Chisago County.

Full Story
Loni Wuornos

Wabasha, MN

#1 Nov 12, 2009
Im glad to see thee approval,it means local jobs

“Treat each day as your last, ”

Since: Sep 07

Location hidden

#2 Nov 19, 2009
Damn right it does, it means even more then that though. it'll bring in around 2.5 million in tax relief for a County that can't stop spending. Look at the roads for crying out loud, my 10 acres out back is more level then our roads are.

Really, think of all the direct and indirect spending that will take place if this plant gets built. Hotels, motels, eat joints, hardware stores, shopping malls and maybe even a house here and there will be bought up instead of sitting empty. The list goes even farther, repair shops, local gas/food stations ah what the hell you get my point.

For either the township supervisors or the commissioners to let this get away would be a sin. How often do you have a company of this size come in and want to throw that kind of money at you just for letting them operate here? None to be exact, 2.5 million that stays here in this over taxed and under commercialized county. Come on people, get your head out of what ever and look to the future, we aren't going to live in the old days much longer.
Mark

United States

#3 Nov 22, 2009
Look at the link below. Are the Stacy Council members heads in the sand or some other dark hole? Talk about a bunch of clowns. They are months behind in the info out there on the LS Power.

http://ecmpostreview.com/index.php...
Tom

United States

#4 Nov 23, 2009
Mark wrote:
Look at the link below. Are the Stacy Council members heads in the sand or some other dark hole? Talk about a bunch of clowns. They are months behind in the info out there on the LS Power.
http://ecmpostreview.com/index.php...
Just more of the same from the Stacy Council, inability to make a decisions or take sides in fear of what others may think. Just best to do nothing and continue digging that hole their in.
Close2home

Saint Paul, MN

#5 Feb 1, 2010
Maybe you want the power plant on your 10 acres "out back"! You need to stop and think about those homeowners who are within 10 miles of this proposed plant. Most of the residents in Chisago County have moved here for the tranquility which will be totally gone if this plant is built!
Ba da bing

Minneapolis, MN

#6 Feb 15, 2010
http://forestlaketimes.com/content/view/3885/...

About 40 people attended the council meeting. Even before the item came up in the agenda, there were remarks from the audience about the energy station during the meeting’s open forum.

Robert Kasper, representing the regional labor federation based in St. Paul, spoke about the desperate need for jobs in the area.“It’s patriotic to put some people to work,” he said. He said the developer is being careful not to ruin neighborhoods.

“It’s all about jobs; we need to put people to work,” Kasper said.

About 15 union workers attended the meeting.

Scroll down
Ba da bing

Minneapolis, MN

#8 Feb 15, 2010
An undercover female cop got a call from a man who identified himself as "Bobby." He agreed to pay $80 for a half-hour. "He said he was from the East Coast and was Italian," a report said. "He said he was sort of like an Italian mob type. He said he was on his way to see me."

A decoy officer directed the man — later identified as Kasper, who is originally from New York — to a hotel, and he followed her to a room, which was wired with audio and video.

"He asked me if he looked like a mob boss," the undercover officer wrote in her report. Kasper showed the officer $80 and put it on the bathroom counter. "He said he wasn't a weirdo," the report continued. "He walked toward me and hugged me. He said he was nervous."

The officer gave a signal, and an arrest team entered the room, nabbing Kasper at 11 a.m. He was booked and bailed himself out. A month later, the charge was dismissed.

Kasper, who is not married, declined to discuss the bust.

"I wasn't convicted," he said. "Just leave it at that."

In 2007, Kasper was arrested at Canterbury Park in Shakopee after allegedly getting caught on camera "bet capping" — placing a bet after looking at his cards in a game where that's not allowed — resulting in his winning a $175 pot.

Kasper pleaded guilty to cheating at gambling, a gross misdemeanor, but the charge was dismissed after he met certain conditions, including six months' probation and steering clear of the park for six months, court records show.

"It was a $5 bet," Kasper said. "It was an honest mistake."

Harrington, Lantry, Coleman, and City Attorney John Choi, who co-chairs the committee, all said it was appropriate for Kasper to resign.

In an effort to include representatives of so many interests, city leaders said they didn't vet members of the police committee. "Bobby wasn't put on the committee," Lantry explained. "The president of the Regional Labor Federation was." She said it's unlikely he'll be replaced.

The Pioneer Press searched Minnesota court records for the names of the 22 other members of the committee. Four of the names were too common to determine whether the committee members had criminal histories. None of the other members appears to have faced criminal charges.

Known for his boisterous personality and commitment to unions, Kasper, a former laborer who came up through unions in New York, said that as a recovering substance abuser, he's made plenty of mistakes.

"I been sober about 18 years," he said. "I've done fivefold good things for each bad thing.... I wouldn't have got elected (to the Labor Federation) if people didn't think I believe in what I'm doing. You put that (the arrests) in the paper, I'm finished. How about I get off the committee and you don't run anything?"
Ba da bing

Minneapolis, MN

#9 Feb 15, 2010
And all this time you were trying to make us think you were a republican Sheldon Anderson. If you are a true blue republican why are you in bed with the DFL in St. Paul? As a matter of fact I think you should explain to the voters of this district how come you were managing a political campaign for a DFL candidate who was trying to unseat an encumbant republican. Then you bring Mr. DFL Mafioso Bobby Kasper and 15 of his henchmen up here to lobby for the power plant. And while we are talking about the criminal element you brought here lets hear what you have to say about your business partner who got busted for running the biggest cross country cocaine ring Minnesota ever saw. When you are done explaining that why don't you tell us about your friend who murdered his wife. Sounds like you got some splainin to do! Or maybe you just think since we live in the country that we are too stupid to put the pieces together.
Start Splainin

Minneapolis, MN

#10 Feb 20, 2010
Yea lets here it Sheldon. Please tell us about your friends and your DFL political activities in the cities. You traitor.
Look under here

United States

#11 Feb 21, 2010
Apparently our mayor has some dirty laundry. Time to start looking under rocks people.
MRD

United States

#13 Feb 28, 2010
it has all been there from the beginning people, you were all just to blind, or didn't care to see it.. maybe you better open your eyes before you vote for him again.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chisago City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Robin Williams, in Minnesota for Hazelden visit... Aug '14 ess 1
Vote 2010 Lake St. Croix Beach / Council to tac... (Oct '10) Aug '14 Just me 5
Federal trial delayed once again for Forest Lak... (Apr '08) Jun '14 Jerry Midkiff 19
car accident (May '13) May '13 candyce 1
Butternut trees (Dec '12) Dec '12 Sangelia 1
Missing woman reportedly was abused by man who ... (Dec '12) Dec '12 lacey 1
Santa (Dec '12) Dec '12 AndyM138 1
Chisago City Dating
Find my Match

Chisago City Jobs

Chisago City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chisago City News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chisago City

Personal Finance