First Prev
of 8
Next Last
say

Argyle, FL

#1 Sep 17, 2008
what has happened to the city of chipley public works? the streets are in horrible shape, never seen this city look this bad in 2 or three years, do they just not have any employees? or they just dont have any that work? i have lived here for over 50 years and used to could reconize all of the young men working in the streets, now if you do see any working which is rare..... who are they, and the next time you see them.... different faces again, is it the people they are working for or the amount of money they make? because its not just the county comm.being crazy spending money and private drives, somebody needs to yank on a coat tail of j. morris, think he has got to comfy in his position as well. is jim not over the city amoung all the city council... whats going on?????
livin in the big city

Argyle, FL

#2 Sep 17, 2008
As a previous employee with the City, I can tell you that the Employees are underpayed, not appreciated and get no reconition for what they do.
I only worked there for about 8 months, but let me tell you..... I watched them come and go like changing drawers, I work for Bay County now but let me tell you , If you are a good employee with them, you know it .. because it reflects in the morale of fellow employees and in the paycheck...
GONE

Argyle, FL

#3 Sep 18, 2008
ALL THE GOOD ONES WITH THE EXCEPTION OF 3 OR 4 EMPLOYEES WITH THE CITY ARE GONE, THE ONES THAT ARE THERE CANT DO IT ALL
mae

Argyle, FL

#4 Sep 18, 2008
dont get me started on the city of chipley.!!!!!
chipleyhater

Chipley, FL

#5 Sep 18, 2008
thats why you all should move to vernon instead! who likes chipley anyway?
Moon

United States

#6 Sep 19, 2008
Finally all people of WC see what kind of jerks are working"for the people".Thanks SZ and Tax L you had the balls to check the facts many many months ago .I bet next week we will hear something new.ALL commish.have to go.Now is the time to question our taxes"at work".We pay the highest tax in the state of Fl and we got what ?ZERO:crooked commish.con man still driving on our expences with a fire truck,ethics committee good for nothing.You are right mae"dont get me...".
Vernonite

United States

#7 Sep 19, 2008
Moving to Vernon is a good thing as long as you don't expect the politics here to be any better.
mae

Argyle, FL

#8 Sep 19, 2008
are Vernon city employees paid any more than city of chipley? I doubt it or maybe they are hey Jim Morris you gonna start cleaning up the streets when you loose all your help the majority are gone???
ovid

AOL

#9 Sep 20, 2008
Proud to be from Chipley.
sandy

Argyle, FL

#10 Sep 20, 2008
Love Chipley too, just another place politics have taken over the people, big wigs paychecks are more important than the ones making the money for the big wigs.....
sidecar

Maben, MS

#11 Sep 20, 2008
Politics aside , Chipleys st,s are in great shape, looks to be just paved, no potholes& area in gen. is keep clean .
Vernonite

United States

#12 Sep 20, 2008
I don't know the payscale for Chipley, but here in Vernon they get paid pretty darn good to sit on their rumps or ride the roads on our dime, not much work gets done though.
Vernon resident

United States

#13 Sep 21, 2008
We are not getting our monies worth out of them. A lot needs to be done around here that never gets touched. But most of it is on private property. We need a good dose of code enforcement.
sidecar

Flynn, TX

#14 Sep 21, 2008
Out of who ? Chipley or Vernon ?
FOR SURE

Argyle, FL

#15 Sep 24, 2008
CHIPLEY!!!
LOVE CHIPLEY

Miami, FL

#16 Sep 27, 2008
Chipley is a great place to live. Jim Morris and the City Council is doing a great job. The city workers are all hard working people. If you don't like Chipley move out!!!!
LOVE CHIPLEY

Miami, FL

#17 Sep 27, 2008
CHIPLEY IS A WONDERFUL PLACE TO LIVE. JIM MORRIS AND THE CITY COUNCIL DOES A GREAT JOB. IF YOU DON'T LIKE CHIPLEY MOVE OUT!!!!
Vernon girl

United States

#18 Sep 27, 2008
I think both towns are great. I grew up in Vernon and still live here. I have worked in Chipley. I think Washington County is a great place to raise kids. There will always be corrupt politics everywhere, there always has been. What we need to do as tax paying citizens is first of all vote, then let our voices be heard. I think the morale of our county right now is down and we need to turn that around. I pray that after the upcoming election there will be much change for the better. Stand up for your town whether it be Vernon or Chipley. I am anxious to see what a new road brings to my little town. For now I am very optimistic.

Since: Aug 08

United States

#19 Sep 27, 2008
A new road is great, if it were not taking most of the businesses with it.... Hopefully most will rebuild...KC's, Gas stations etc...or we will just turn into something like Cottondale with 231, a pass thru!!!!
holly

Argyle, FL

#20 Sep 27, 2008
is jim morris elected or hired if hired who is his boss

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chipley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
millions in debt. hiring fire coordinator? 4 hr old timer 4
Dawn Hershman 11 hr anonymous 11
Baroness77 is back and in charge! 16 hr barebackness 3
Holmes Co.Jail (Apr '14) 17 hr barebackness 27
Shelly the scammer 18 hr Duh 300
Washington County commissioners False Claims to... (Aug '13) Fri Interesting 57
Old Sunny Hills Fire Station. (Apr '14) Fri Green Head Voter 64
Chipley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chipley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chipley News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chipley

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:40 am PST

NBC Sports 6:40AM
Bortles: We showed the country who we are
NBC Sports11:45 AM
Just like old (sad) times: Buccaneers double-digit home underdogs vs. Packers
NBC Sports 1:39 PM
Young Jaguars piecing together key building blocks - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 8:19 PM
Ranking Packers' Best Wins over Buccaneers
Bleacher Report 9:00 AM
Start 'Em, Sit 'Em Week 16: Debating Difficult Fantasy Football Lineup Decisions