Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term

Full story: El Paso Times

Republican Gov. Rick Perry has defeated Democrat Bill White to win a third four-year term as Texas governor.

Comments (Page 623)

Showing posts 12,441 - 12,460 of20,392
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
lol

Plainview, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Something gotta give
WEP

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
And I believe every president has released their school records. Do you remember Bush getting hammered for being a C student at Yale?
I think obama is hiding something.
Which presidents have released their college records while they were still a candidate?

Bush didn't release his. They were leaked to the New Yorker in 1999.
WEP

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

"Bush didn't release his. They were leaked to the New Yorker in 1999."

See:
http://www.newyorker.com/archive/1999/11/08/1...

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

WEP wrote:
<quoted text>
This particular lie has is roots in a chain E-mail that was purported to be an AP news story. The fact that it was written on Aril 1st should have been your first clue that it was a hoax. The fact that it was never run in any newspaper should have been your second.
You are bearing false witness against your president. Very un-Christian and unpatriotic if you ask me.
This lie has been repeated so many times that it has become "truth" in the minds of many. Why are so many people so willing to accept a lie just because they think it is good for their team?
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_ZVpp3K5Z2_k/RsCmuTv...
If its all a lie, then why not release the records and be done with it? Put it all to rest in one easy move.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

WEP wrote:
"Bush didn't release his. They were leaked to the New Yorker in 1999."
See:
http://www.newyorker.com/archive/1999/11/08/1...
They may not have released them officially, but none of those candidates had an army of lawyers spending millions of dollars protecting them either. What's so important about those records that so much effort has to spent keeping them secret?
WEP

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
If its all a lie, then why not release the records and be done with it? Put it all to rest in one easy move.
Just like releasing his birth certificate...twice..."pu t it all to rest in one easy move"?

There is no tradition of presidential candidates releasing their college records. Why do it just to mollify some whiny foot-stompers? They will just claim they are fake records. Besides, this issue is not hurting him politically.
WEP

Fairfield, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
They may not have released them officially, but none of those candidates had an army of lawyers spending millions of dollars protecting them either. What's so important about those records that so much effort has to spent keeping them secret?
Well now you are repeating lies. This is another oft-repeated but unverifiable smear that has no basis in reality.

It used to be 'hundreds of thousands'...then it was 'a million'...then 'two million'. Now trump is claiming it is up to 4 million that he has spent. What's next? Eleventy gazillion?

There is no army of lawyers being paid to seal his records. They is no need to seal them. They aren't public records.

Please show me a reliable source for your claim that he has spent "millions of dollars" hiding his records. I call BS.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

WEP wrote:
<quoted text>
Well now you are repeating lies. This is another oft-repeated but unverifiable smear that has no basis in reality.
It used to be 'hundreds of thousands'...then it was 'a million'...then 'two million'. Now trump is claiming it is up to 4 million that he has spent. What's next? Eleventy gazillion?
There is no army of lawyers being paid to seal his records. They is no need to seal them. They aren't public records.
Please show me a reliable source for your claim that he has spent "millions of dollars" hiding his records. I call BS.
So are tax returns public record?
Why is it ok to pressure Romney to release one set of non public records but not ok to ask that Obama do the same with another set of records?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

WEP wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be in the millions by now. he's been keeping them hidden for his entire term. Lawyers ain't cheap.
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
So are tax returns public record?
Why is it ok to pressure Romney to release one set of non public records but not ok to ask that Obama do the same with another set of records?
Because Lord Obama is special.
polo

Corpus Christi, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Namaste

Since: Dec 09

united states

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

NRH Man wrote:
<quoted text>
It might be in the millions by now. he's been keeping them hidden for his entire term. Lawyers ain't cheap.
Since you can't provide a source for your claim, you just double down on the amount huh?

It doesn't take a lawyer. He simply has to give the school permission to release them and he hasn't and neither has any other president or presidential candidate.

Presidents and presidential candidates HAVE released their tax records. In fact, Romney released 23 years worth of tax returns to the McCain campaign. Why is McCain more important to him than the American public?
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 9, 2012

Requiter2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you can't provide a source for your claim, you just double down on the amount huh?
It doesn't take a lawyer. He simply has to give the school permission to release them and he hasn't and neither has any other president or presidential candidate.
Presidents and presidential candidates HAVE released their tax records. In fact, Romney released 23 years worth of tax returns to the McCain campaign. Why is McCain more important to him than the American public?
If Obummer is so dang smart, why not break out his school records and prove it?.

Between abortion, gun control, fudgepacker politics and now private records, there is enough to take the public's mind off of the real
issues. The economy is in the crapper, but lets get involved in the
trivial shit anyway and not look at how either one of these puppets
won't do a damn thing that benefits the common voter.

Government of the rich, by the rich and for the rich only. The rest of us get more taxes to pay and more laws to obey. This is the "land of the free"?.

“Behave Yourself”

Since: Jul 07

Fort Worth, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Texan wrote:
You seem to think anyone who disagrees with you is wrong, and you are always right. In order for you to always be right, you must know everything. As to being hostile, I have not called you any bad or ugly names, oh sorry I guess dumbazz wasn't very nice. And I have not threatened you or wished any harm to befall you. As to etiquette I use it in it's place. I will have a nice day, and I thank you. However I am not your friend. Have a wonderfull day.
Don't know how you deduced what you did, as you presented no evidence. You are right about me not being your friend as you appear unable to agree to disagree. In any case, I'm not angry, and harbor no ill will. It was a wonderful day for me, thanks.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Judged:

Your own posts are all the evidence needed, and if you weren't so sure you are the only one that is always right you would know that I am right about a good many things. But with that not being the case, believe what you will.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Requiter2010 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Since you can't provide a source for your claim, you just double down on the amount huh?"
It was a joke, calm down.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Defiant1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because Lord Obama is special.
If he was a republican, the press would be foaming at the mouth to know what was in those school records. The press is nothing more the lap dogs of the DNC.
Texan

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Believe it or not the Republicans almost had me convinced that they were the way to go. Then yesterday they reminded me why they aren't. They are for anything that makes them money, and if it harms working people, animals, or the planet they don't give a damn. How a Christian could possibly be a Republican is beyond me. For that matter how can anyone who believes in the word of God follow either party. They are both a bunch of uncareing hipocrits. Trash the planet, kill unborns. I'm sure God frowns on both.
Llano

Junction, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

OH,My
Texan, I usually dont say things like this but In my humble opinion, you need serious help. You seem to have diarrea of the mouth, and enjoy attacking anything conservative.

Opps, now I understand, you are a normal Oboma supporter, lie, cheat, do what ever you think will get a vote.

The thing that really pisses me off about you is the name you chose (Texan). You are about as far from a Texan as one can get. How are things in Austin.

Dont bother replying, I wont waste my time reading it.
Always Thinking

Jefferson City, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 10, 2012

Poll: Should Republicans Dump Romney in Tampa?

Given the recent fiasco (see video) and the inability of the Romney campaign to effectively take on Obamacare, should the Republican delegates dump Romney at the convention (it has happened before) and pick someone else?
http://iroots.org/2012/08/09/poll-should-repu...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 12,441 - 12,460 of20,392
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

China Spring News Video

•••
•••

China Spring Jobs

•••
•••
•••

China Spring People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••