Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

http://www.wkkj.com/cc-common/news/sections/n...

Nothing new here. Until State Troopers are permitted to use some common sense there will always be friction. For State Troopers, it is about making their quota and collecting their fine money from the courts. When you bang your car up, the State Patrol calls it a "crash" and blames someone. They don't believe in accidents. State Troopers will stop you for "having dim lights, touching the white line, touching the yellow line, weaving in your lane, driving too slowly, rapid acceleration or many other NON-CRIMINAL offenses so they can go fishing, especially if they think you don't have your seat belt on. Contrary to the crap the OSP is fed at their academy, they are not better than all other Law Enforcement Officers in teh State of Ohio. Maybe that would be a good start, abolish the OSP Academy and send future troopers to the same academies that all other Law Enforcement Officers attend.
Sara

Lancaster, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Apparently you are ignorant theres none better than the OSP, anyone can test to be a trooper but not all make the grade, its the ones that cant make the grade that become bitter and jealous because of this, its no ones fault either. Just like everyone cant become a doctor. The training is the same in the state of Ohio for all peace officers, but the OSP academy is paramilitary type training which is more intense, before you start bashing get your facts straight..
Lester

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Sara wrote:
Apparently you are ignorant theres none better than the OSP, anyone can test to be a trooper but not all make the grade, its the ones that cant make the grade that become bitter and jealous because of this, its no ones fault either. Just like everyone cant become a doctor. The training is the same in the state of Ohio for all peace officers, but the OSP academy is paramilitary type training which is more intense, before you start bashing get your facts straight..
Being from Gallipolis, you should have seen the difference first hand. A highway in your county is named after two troopers who were killed in an auto "crash". The Patrols own investigaion revealed the trooper was at fault after he hydro-planed whle traveling at excessive speed causing him to go left of center killing a woman in an approaching vehicle. Initially, the trooper was even accused of being intoxicated at the time of the "crash". It took a special test, conducted by the FAA lab to prove differently. The only time that test has ever been used for an Ohio traffic 'crash". The Gallia highway is named after the troopers and the real victim has been forgotten. Why were they better than her?
Joke

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Sara wrote:
Yea they defiantly are elite. Takes the best of the best to write a seatbelt ticket or sit with a radar pointed up stream. Woo!! They are damn near navy seals.
Joke

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Anal Andy wrote:
Cops suck donkey balls. Stupid and power hungry. And worthless.
Power hungry... Couldn't have said it better. I just feel bad that they got picked on so bad when they were younger that they had no other career opportunities. It's a shame

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Power hungry... Couldn't have said it better. I just feel bad that they got picked on so bad when they were younger that they had no other career opportunities. It's a shame
i know a couple guys who went on to become troopers. they pretty much suck at life, but funny how becoming a trooper is right up their alley
Just a Cop

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

Sara wrote:
The training is the same in the state of Ohio for all peace officers, but the OSP academy is paramilitary type training which is more intense, before you start bashing get your facts straight..
Why is the "paramilitary type training which is more intense" necessary and how does it benefit the public which these troopers are supposed to serve? If anyone truely wants the OSP and other law Enforcement agencies to have less "friction" start by abolishing the State Highway Patrol Academy and train Troopers with and in the exact same manner as other Law Enforcement Officers. No special treatment and less ego. The patrol is also too management top heavy with all of their "staff" Supervisors. If they really need more troopers on the road, how about getting some people out from behind their desks?
Just a Cop

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

therealturkeyburger wrote:
<quoted text>
i know a couple guys who went on to become troopers. they pretty much suck at life, but funny how becoming a trooper is right up their alley
I know one of those type troopers. He was a nobody in high school. After he became a Trooper, he seemed to target High School athletes for some really cheap tickets. I also met a stuck up High School Jock who could not make it as a Jock in College where all of the other athletes were now his equal. His goal after giving up his scholorship, become a State Trooper. He obviously still has that need to be better than others around him. With egos like that, it is no wonder they don't play well with others.
Farmgirl

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

I always thought the State had jurisdiction anywhere, hence being Ohio State Patrol, whereas a county sheriff is county specific. That's what I was told by a trooper many years ago. If that were true, why would there even be friction?
I know Things

Circleville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

When was the last time you have seen a obese doughnut eating State Trooper? I never have, but have seen plenty fat arse local sheriffs that's for dam sure.
redeye

Port Clinton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

i will never bash a state highway patrolman, i was an inocent victem of a drunk driver, trooper hurd held my face and jugular vein together with his hands till life flight got there, he came and checked on me for months, he even drove to grant in columbus

Since: Jun 12

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

I'll tell you all why they seem snobbish or whatever else you call them.

Because they are out there on the roads, risking their life on every vehicle they pull over for a violation, no matter how severe or petty the violation is. And catch attitude 99% of the time from selfish, self centered $hit heads that think they are on a "power trip".

So next time your in a hurry, you get busted going 62 in a 55, and a law enforcement officer pulls you over. Be polite, give them your information, and tell them to be careful the rest of their shift.

You never know, the reason that they are acting like that may be because some speeding @$$hole just hit a 6 year old girl on a bike and she died in his arms as he tried to save her life?

And no, I'm not a cop, but have an unmeasurable amount of respect for them and the job they do.

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Sara wrote:
Apparently you are ignorant theres none better than the OSP, anyone can test to be a trooper but not all make the grade, its the ones that cant make the grade that become bitter and jealous because of this, its no ones fault either.
This is a fantastic example of the militarization of law enforcement. What you are saying is boot camp 101 - "WE are THE elite team, and not everyone has what it takes to cut it".

Since: Oct 11

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Judged:

redeye wrote:
i will never bash a state highway patrolman, i was an inocent victem of a drunk driver, trooper hurd held my face and jugular vein together with his hands till life flight got there, he came and checked on me for months, he even drove to grant in columbus
I agree with you redeye, I hope whatever medical and life saving skills are taught to OSP and police is kept to a high standard.

My issue is with the silly indoctrination they are put through that hurts more than helps. For instance, I don't know the trooper you are talking about, but I bet he was a good guy before he signed up for that job. The skills he learned pertaining to medical, self defense, team building and exercise could be taught through conventional methods. Putting them through the indoctrination they receive in "boot camp" is unnecessary and only inflates the egos of those who are prone to such things.
Just a Cop

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 26, 2012

Farmgirl wrote:
I always thought the State had jurisdiction anywhere, hence being Ohio State Patrol, whereas a county sheriff is county specific. That's what I was told by a trooper many years ago. If that were true, why would there even be friction?
The trooper only told you half the truth. The OSP is restricted to State funded highways and state property. They CAN go any place in the State of Ohio but every other Law Enforcement Officer can also. They are all sworn to uphold the laws of this state. Local Law Enforcement Officers typically don't travel beyond their own jursidiction, unless they are following up on a local crime, because thats who pay them. Since State Troopers are paid by the State, yes they can go any place but under current law, they will have limited authority when they get there. In addition to attitude issues some of the friction comes from the taxpayer dollars and how they are disributed. The concern is that a true Ohio STATE POLICE would take so much of the money, most local Police and Sheriffs departments would not be able to exist. There is also an issue with who is the top Law Enforcement Officer. In Ohio, it is the Sheriff, in other states, it is the State Police. A Sheriff's Department in West Virginia or Kentucky might not even have road Deputies, some only run the jails and serve court papers leaving the citizens with 2 or 3 State Police Officers for an entire County and response times running into hours or even days.
Just a Cop

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Dealingwithidiots wrote:
I'll tell you all why they seem snobbish or whatever else you call them.
Because they are out there on the roads, risking their life on every vehicle they pull over for a violation, no matter how severe or petty the violation is.
So next time your in a hurry, you get busted going 62 in a 55, and a law enforcement officer pulls you over. Be polite, give them your information, and tell them to be careful the rest of their shift.
And no, I'm not a cop, but have an unmeasurable amount of respect for them and the job they do.
Glad you have that respect but that respect is EARNED, not handed out with the Cracker Jack badges some cops seem to wear. I know Law Enforcement Officers who are well respected in their communities while others on the same Department couldn't buy respect with a bag full of cash. You don't earn respect for writing that ticket for 62/55 when maybe, just maybe a frindly reminder would have a much better affect. It's hard for anyone to be polite when they know the ticket they are about to recieve was a bogus reason for pulling you over just to see if you had your seatbelt on. Touching a white or yellow line and weaving within your lane are not part of any criminal code I have ever seen but are frequently used to pull someone over on these fishing expeditions. And...you want respect or are you just looking for fear by intimidation. Personnally I want my respect because of how I conduct myself not because my car has pretty blue lights on top of it.
Ruth

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2012

Judged:

Farmgirl wrote:
Jurisdiction does not equal authority. Yes, the patrol has state-wide jurisdiction, but have a little less authority in any particular county than that county's sheriff. They do not investigate crimes taking place in a county, but may detain someone they see who is in the process of committing or they have reason to believe has committed a crime.
My opinion

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

I know its a little off topic but has anyone law abiding citizen ever had a trooper pull behind you on the highway? Did he do it in a manner that made you make a mistake? Just curious because they come from out of nowhere,speed up on you,ride your ass for miles waiting for you to make a mistake.Heck,they force you to make an "improper lane change",or "drive below the speed limit",etc. Enough with my rant but its true. I had one follow me for 4 miles on 23 going 55 in a 55. When he finally decided to pass me,he was hauling ass going 70 to his next victim.
Joke

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2012

Judged:

Highway patrol is only financial tactic by a business known as the state of Ohio. They write tickets and make money. They have very little impact on "crime". It's all about the $$$$$. All the big boy jobs are given to those who are able to leave the cruiser and interact with, as well as handle a civilian situation. Hats off to the city and county. And without that elite training......
Ron

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2012

Ruth wrote:
<quoted text>
Jurisdiction does not equal authority. Yes, the patrol has state-wide jurisdiction, but have a little less authority in any particular county than that county's sheriff. They do not investigate crimes taking place in a county, but may detain someone they see who is in the process of committing or they have reason to believe has committed a crime.
Well said. They have about the same authority as store security. They can detain until the REAL cops arrive.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of31
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

31 Users are viewing the Chillicothe Forum right now

Search the Chillicothe Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Hair salon run by 23-year-old to open Aug. 1 30 min bill 10
Shawnee valley campground 1 hr Smh at lames 28
oh taweenah 1 hr scarebear 5
Kasi Antal- cleusman 1 hr truth 2
Chance Copp 1 hr truth 5
the palumbos 1 hr truth 9
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr xxxrayted 29,014
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chillicothe Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chillicothe People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••