Letter: Shake and bake

With the recent, devastating earthquake in Haiti, quickly followed by others in Baja California, Sumatra, Chile and even more recently along the California-Mexican border, can there still be any doubt about global warming? With these events even the most jaded skeptic will have to admit that global warming is a real and genuine menace. Full Story

Since: Apr 10

United States

#88 Jul 21, 2010
With condolences,“An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.8 on the Richter scale struck southern Iran early on Wednesday killing one person and injuring many more. The 5.8 magnitude earthquake hit Lamerd in Fars Province devastating 30 percent of houses in four villages ... At least 14 people were injured in the quake ... immediately received medical attention. Unfortunately one of the injured succumbed to her injuries ... director of the Red Crescent Society in Fars Province said. People ... were provided with temporary shelters and food supplies ... Electricity and water have been restored”(“Quake hits southern Iran, one dead”; mehrnews.com , 7/21/10).

Send the bill to the quacks’ Seemorebutts Morano and willing accomplices like “Try Common Sense”,“‘Yes, we plead guilty to promoting ‘inaction’—‘Skeptics will proudly celebrate the collapse of Copenhagen Treaty’.... Climate Depot takes full responsibility for the fate of your children and grandchildren from any future man-made climate catastrophe”(“Australian PM warns skeptics ‘are too ‘dangerous to ignore’ and are ‘holding the world to ransom’”, By Marc ‘Limbaugh cyst’ Morano, Climate Depot Editorial”; editorial abuse by Joseph D’Aleo; icecap.us, 11/6/09).
Try Common Sense

Chico, CA

#89 Jul 21, 2010
Another day another day without the +8 earthquake you predicted hitting SoCal. Running out of days.
I'm guessing you are one of the gaia worshipping nitwits that thinks California will "drop off into the ocean" as well.
"Yes, we plead guilty to promoting ‘inaction’"
Oh Yes! Take ACTION that would be helpful. What action would you like to take in the next 10 days?
Evacuate SoCAl? Send them all to your house? Maybe if everyone turns on their AC the world will cool down and there won't be an earthquake?
The problem with pseudo science like yours is that someone will actually believe it and try to move in with their old aunt Tilly in Tupelo and get killed on the way to the airport.
Try Common Sense

Chico, CA

#90 Jul 21, 2010
http://earthquake.usgs.gov/earthquakes/recent... .
See it here first when the big one comes!
Try Common Sense

Chico, CA

#91 Jul 21, 2010
As we count down the days to nothing happened, R&R reminded me of my days playing the ponies at Santa Anita. Inevitably instead of reading the racing form or even the program you would hear people say "I have a feeling about #7" or "3 is my lucky number, I'm going to bet that. It didn't matter that Cougar II was in the race or some other prohibitive favorite. The funny thing is that with a 9 race day sooner or later their number would win and that would convince them they were right. Didn't matter that they were wrong 8 other times.
Your problem Robert Rhodes, is that you are talking about 1 event over hundreds of years and hundreds of thousands of days. That may seem like good odds to you because you "have a feeling". But I wouldn't bet on it, because I read the racing form.

United States

#92 Jul 21, 2010
Not very "sciency" but a good corporate horror assuming the $ is in the 4"male =
Try Common Sense wrote:
As we count down the days to nothing happened ... you are talking about 1 event over hundreds of years and hundreds of thousands of days.... may seem like good odds to you because you "have a feeling"....
The odds of "impossible" are clearly less than 5%. At worst, my predictions based on your corporate pimps AGW are greater than 5% as a lot has happened. After people have been injured and died in Iran, your dwelling on only 1 of the 29 is known as bad cherry picking and makes you guilty as a common murderer. This global warming model is successful for not being impossible, within the 2-week period, and within the region/intensity. Beyond that, your failure to cough up a consulting fee for your cherry picking is an attack on capitalism through corporate welfare.

“Politically Incorrect”

Since: Jul 09

Chico

#93 Jul 21, 2010
Who let this "Robert Rhodes" guy off his meds & out of the loony bin?

Since: Feb 10

Chico, CA

#94 Jul 21, 2010
He's a dandy isn't he? I'm just making sure that he will be too embarassed to come back in 9 days when his prediction runs out.

United States

#95 Jul 21, 2010
EssoKoch’s whizz quiz (urine poor healthcare) and repeating postings of the USGS page were previously covered and indicate a form of insanity to expect a different outcome based on the “feelings” of killer Morano and other skin-walkers for $.

So far, I predicted 4 from your Esso-Koch and willing accomplices like Roy’d-rage’ 20-Watts AGW. At the very least, all the geologist in California who say prediction is impossible should be sweating like you are their mystery date. The USGS reports about 700 quakes each week on the main page. With out AGW and a $10 calculator, the odds of predicting 1 of those with the correct region and intensity in the 2-week model are 1 in 1400 x 1400 = 1 in 1,960,000. 4 significant quakes have been predicted out of all ~1400 (race horses and dog food) and each with the odds of 1 in ~2 million or a total of 8 million feelings, horses, gerbils, or posters of Sarah Palin.

United States

#96 Jul 21, 2010
Try Common Sense wrote:
...in 9 days when his prediction runs out.
Still can't count days nor click on links like a chicken in a county fair. You must have lost all but 20-Watts respect betting on races and environmental racism.
Try Common Sense

Chico, CA

#97 Jul 22, 2010
8 days to nothing happened. Really looking forward to this.
Read the racing form.

United States

#98 Jul 22, 2010
Out of 13 regions predicted for AGW volcanic activity, 3 were correct aka 23% for the willing accomplices of Esso-Koch.

“Robert Rhodes ... Saturday Jul 10 ... Dedicated to Hugh G. Campbell for being screwed by Esso-Koch, Chico - UK’s neuticled T-bloggers, and Marc ‘corporate horror’ Morano paying for the death and destruction with the wages of Inhofe/Limbaugh sin.“A).... global warming (e.g. quakes, solar flares, and hurricanes)... is war by other means by those running ExxonMobil and willing accomplice investors.... D).... JJBAL Fireballs with each prediction ... warnings for the Pickerell Model (7/11 - 17/10) for qualitative volcanic warnings among tectonic energy lines with individual predictions for regions are: 1). Colorado - Yellowstone - mainland Alaska - Japan; 2). Iceland - Azores - Canary Islands - Cape Verde; and 3). Hawaii - Kiribati - Samoa - Tonga - Fiji ... Copyright © 2010”(GBRWE 7/11 - 17/10's Extreme Planetary Warnings for Earthquakes, Volcanoes, and Solar/Terrestrial Flares from Human Activities; Robert Rhodes, Supplemental; GBRWE 7/11 - 17/10, 7/10/10).”

In the first 2 weeks of 4 weeks, As of 7/14/10, Reporting Period 7/11 - 17/10, 1st reporting --Volcanoes were reported ( volcano.si.edu/reports/usgs ): KARYMSKY Eastern Kamchatka; SAKURA-JIMA Kyushu; BAGANA Bougainville, Solomon Islands, Melanesia; PACAYA Guatemala; TUNGURAHUA Ecuador; and KILAUEA Hawaii.“Undersea Volcano Erupts By Tonga (Photo)- Scientists Say Possible Threat”(by Jack Ryan; postchronicle.com , 7/12/10). As of 7/21/10, Reporting Period 7/11 - 17/10, 2nd reporting --Volcanoes were reported ( volcano.si.edu/reports/usgs ): SHIVELUCH Central Kamchatka; GORELY Southern Kamchatka; KLIUCHEVSKOI Central Kamchatka; SUWANOSE-JIMA Ryukyu Islands; NEVADO DEL RUIZ Colombia; and SOUFRIERE HILLS Montserrat.

“Politically Incorrect”

Chico

#99 Jul 22, 2010
Please just tell us the "big one" will come & wash So-Cal away so they won't take our water anymore.

United States

#100 Jul 22, 2010
4thGenChico wrote:
Please just tell us the "big one" will come & wash So-Cal away so they won't take our water anymore.
Just follow Tony 20-Watts around town like the other T-baggers and watch it happen.
Try Common Sense

Chico, CA

#101 Jul 22, 2010
I'm not sure sometimes what he means. I think in post #98 he was saying that aliens were going to beam up everything south of Bakersfield.
Is he backing away from that +8 Richter Scale earthquake by the 31st prediction?

United States

#102 Jul 22, 2010
TCS - put a picture back up so we can see if your mommy dresses you like a young boy or lounge lizard. How much for you to be my 'oar instead of 20-Watts or icecraps?
Try Common Sense

Chico, CA

#103 Jul 23, 2010
Another day gone in the countdown to "Nothing Happened".
Are you in your safety seat Robert? Got your helmut on?
Someday, in a little more than a week actually, you will be able to put this fantasy prediction behind you and start another one.
Alien invasion? Liberal takeover of the world? Locusts? Oh, sorry, didn't mean to repeat myself.

United States

#104 Jul 23, 2010
On their way from Uranus to gang probe science on Earth, another wave of EssoKoch’s tank farmed parasitical space aliens snacks on some of my favorite Martians.

Global warming filth continued to be predictably exported around the world and well into the high heavens as I use only AGW (anthropogenic global warming) and a $10 calculator. NASA’s Mars Odyssey Orbiter had a computer glitch on 7/14/10. About 4 days earlier in public from what we did on Earth from industrial smokestacks to extremist media outlets,“Robert Rhodes …Saturday Jul 10 … Dedicated to Hugh G. Campbell … “A)…. global warming … is war by other means … 1). Very extreme warning … sunspot …1087 … matches another set of sympathetic global warming harmonics ready to blast sunspots out of the nearside … and rebooting of Mars orbiter(s)…(GBRWE 7/11 – 17/10’s Extreme Planetary Warnings for Earthquakes, Volcanoes, and Solar/Terrestrial Flares from Human Activities; Robert Rhodes, Supplemental; GBRWE 7/11 – 17/10, 7/10/10).”(This can be found among global warming deniers aka legal domestic/international terrorists in: http://www.topix.net/forum/source/chico-enter...  Ozonator hint: you aren’t professionally able to click on the link if you can’t correctly count the days in a week or connect the dots even with laundering drug $ through Paypal.)

About 4 days later and close enough to rebooting -“NASA's Mars Odyssey orbiter put itself into a safe standby mode on Wednesday, July 14, and the team operating the spacecraft has begun implementing careful steps designed to resume Odyssey's science and relay operations this week.... The spacecraft team recovered downward-pointing operations, out of safe mode, on Friday, July 16. "We expect to be back to full operations this week," said Odyssey Project Manager Phil Varghese of NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, Calif.”(“Orbiter Puts Itself Into Standby Safe Mode”; jpl.nasa.gov , 7/20/10). However, trying to make 20-Watts, Pilonidal Cyst Morano, and Icecrap look able to predict a free lunch,“Jul 22, 2010 ... EDITORIAL: Global warming’s unscientific attitude ... By the Washington Times ... What separates a scientific claim from mere opinion is its ability to be tested by experiment. No true scientist objects to having his theories verified; the charlatan is the one with something to hide. Not surprisingly, purveyors of global warming have proved anything but open.... Their cataclysmic scare stories are unable to withstand scrutiny”(editorial abuse by Joseph ‘wing wang’ D’Aleo, CCM, IUD, IED, BMF, STD, H1N1, AMS PU jolly fellow, HIV, and ExxonKoch approved TV weather presenter aka another pseudo-scientist and executive icecrap dictator; icecap.us).

United States

#105 Jul 23, 2010
With moi’ using a $10 calculator, public education, and AGW,“Correct quake, correct solar wind, and incorrect corporate horrors -...With“solar wind” making 2 of ~6 solar predictions correct”.

Not on my mailing list,“Dependent on technology, the risk from solar flares is only going up ... predicting solar activity is an extremely complicated task, and being able to forecast the sun's behavior ... able to understand how the Earth's magnetic field and atmosphere respond to any given solar storm ... has remained a mystery to top researchers, even with the aid of the most powerful supercomputers.... a century-class solar storm could cause billions of dollars in economic damage.... "solar Katrina" situation”(“Predicting Space Weather Needs International Response”; Denise Chow, SPACE.com Staff Writer, SPACE.com ; news.yahoo.com , 7/19/10).

“Politically Incorrect”

Chico

#106 Jul 23, 2010
Robert Rhodes wrote:
<quoted text>
Just follow Tony 20-Watts around town like the other T-baggers and watch it happen.
Sorry bub, I don't "follow" anybody. Especially not "around town".

“Politically Incorrect”

Chico

#107 Jul 23, 2010
Try Common Sense wrote:
....he was saying that aliens were going to beam up everything south of Bakersfield.
That would be way too cool!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chico Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Messianic Jews say they are persecuted in Israel (Jun '08) 4 min Frijoles 71,002
Why Are Many College Profs Anti-American 3 hr Truth 5
Many Teachers Hate the Country They Live In 6 hr Ultraman 1
Aryan Nations recruiting again in northern Idaho (Apr '09) 7 hr homeless person 338
Michigan U Chair Says Hate Republicans 7 hr Ultraman 1
Many University Profs Teach Hate America 8 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 15
Faux Global Warming 8 hr GRANDPA NICOLAI 203
Chico Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Chico People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chico News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chico

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]