Haubstadt, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2012

Judged:

Has anyone visited Hotel for Happy Dogs, a new adoption facility in Chichester NH that claims to rescue dogs in the Midwest. The officers of this place were involved in one of the most heinous raids in the state of Kentucky. Once known as Paws Claws and More, they now call themselves Happy Dogs of New England but they are a dog selling organization posing as a rescue. They have no first hand knowledge of the dogs that they send to New Hampshire to Chichester and they choose to operate out of New Hampshire because of lax adoption/transportation laws. Many dogs are very sick, unvaccinated and the poor animals suffer even more. Please view the link below to see where they housed their adoptable dogs ($400-$500adoption fees) and $160 transportation in Wingo Kentucky. Many of the dogs had been stolen and set to ship to New Hampshire.(They offer $100 finders fees for people to bring them purebred dogs thus incentivizing the theft of purebred dogs). Many distraught pet owners saw their dogs on this video and realized that this group had stolen their dog. The dogs seized at this home had all been starved and were in survival mode, killing and eating each other. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mayfield-ky/T... Now that the dust is settled , this group is right back in business, under multiple phony rescue names, sucking in donation monies while caring less about the future of these desperate animals. Please keep an eye out on Hotel for Happy Dogs in Chichester NH and help prevent stolen dogs from the Midwest from being sold on the East Coast. Please help prevent abused and sick dogs from being warehoused, transported for days and then sold like nothing more than a used piece of electronic equipment.
chrissie -

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Justice4Pups wrote:
Has anyone visited Hotel for Happy Dogs, a new adoption facility in Chichester NH that claims to rescue dogs in the Midwest. The officers of this place were involved in one of the most heinous raids in the state of Kentucky. Once known as Paws Claws and More, they now call themselves Happy Dogs of New England but they are a dog selling organization posing as a rescue. They have no first hand knowledge of the dogs that they send to New Hampshire to Chichester and they choose to operate out of New Hampshire because of lax adoption/transportation laws. Many dogs are very sick, unvaccinated and the poor animals suffer even more. Please view the link below to see where they housed their adoptable dogs ($400-$500adoption fees) and $160 transportation in Wingo Kentucky. Many of the dogs had been stolen and set to ship to New Hampshire.(They offer $100 finders fees for people to bring them purebred dogs thus incentivizing the theft of purebred dogs). Many distraught pet owners saw their dogs on this video and realized that this group had stolen their dog. The dogs seized at this home had all been starved and were in survival mode, killing and eating each other. http://www.topix.com/forum/city/mayfield-ky/T... Now that the dust is settled , this group is right back in business, under multiple phony rescue names, sucking in donation monies while caring less about the future of these desperate animals. Please keep an eye out on Hotel for Happy Dogs in Chichester NH and help prevent stolen dogs from the Midwest from being sold on the East Coast. Please help prevent abused and sick dogs from being warehoused, transported for days and then sold like nothing more than a used piece of electronic equipment.

is there any update to that story???
chrissie -

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

i was shocked to read the article - is there any update out yet??? thanks
chrissie -

Exeter, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

i was shocked to read the article - are there any updates out yet??? thanks...
Jake

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

Love my dog
Jake

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 13, 2013

He's from that kennel and all good
Valleygirl NH

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

Judged:

This is not the Paws and Claws Rescue. There is a disclaimer on the website. Not the same town in KY.
Valleygirl NH

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 18, 2013

This is not the same Paws and Claws. Different Towns in KY. There is a disclaimer on the Paws and Claws Rescue site.
Kim

Hollis, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2013

I adopted a pup from here just over a week ago. When I read this story on a few different sites, I did some research. I called a couple of veterinarians in the area and the State Veterinarian Board. These are not the same people. The woman I spoke with at the State Vet. Board said she had read the official report on this raid and the people that run Happy Dogs of NE are not involved with this. She also said she would feel 100% comfortable adopting a dog from here.
Anne

Concord, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Was an Audie Craft involved with the Paws and Claws abuse? Looking through other posts, she was part of it. She now owns Happy Dogs of New England.
RACHEL

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2013

I got my pup there in October 2012. Everything went very smooth, though I am having a difficult time trying to get an appointment to neuter my dog. It has already been paid for. I am also having a hard time find a phone number for them.
carol

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2013

I have a hard time understanding why someone would post such things like these without proof.
Jake

Beverly, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2013

Just had my pup neutered there, also part of the price, all good
Volunteer

Lexington, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 10, 2013

You really need to get all the facts straight before you go making accusations like this! They don't get dogs from the Midwest & they're not even from Kentucky.....different organization!
4 the dogs

Greenwood, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 16, 2013

I know the people that have Hotel for Happy Dogs and they are not the same people you are talking about. Hotel for Happy Dogs gets dogs from the south not the west. You need to check into correct information and not assume. I agree that there are bad rescues out there but this one is not one of them. These people have dedicated their lives to help rescue dogs that otherwise would have no chance at a life. I hope that your quick assumptions and lack of correct information has not dammaged this recues reputation. This group moved from the south to the north to better serve the animals from the south. If you have any questions why don't you just call. You can also find them under Homes for Happy Dogs. This is a different organization than Happy Dogs of New England. Please get your facts together. I believe that an apology is due.
Tndogfoster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2013

Judged:

I AM a foster who worked with HD of New Engkand in 2012. My local rescue left me with a dog that ended up being pregnant. They a contact I was connected to a local representative and they took care of these puppies. I fostered them for 12 weeks, they provided 3 sets if puppy vaccines, treated for any worms including cocidia AND each pup and momma were fixed before transport. Two adopters send me updates. They couldn't be more happy. I am now working with the lady who opened Hotel and the HD NE lady has moved to Indiana and does ther rescue there now. Please get ALL the facts before bashing someone.
wzs7dt

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Tndogfoster wrote:
I AM a foster who worked with HD of New Engkand in 2012. My local rescue left me with a dog that ended up being pregnant. They a contact I was connected to a local representative and they took care of these puppies. I fostered them for 12 weeks, they provided 3 sets if puppy vaccines, treated for any worms including cocidia AND each pup and momma were fixed before transport. Two adopters send me updates. They couldn't be more happy. I am now working with the lady who opened Hotel and the HD NE lady has moved to Indiana and does ther rescue there now. Please get ALL the facts before bashing someone.
Which FACTS would you like verified ? They are one and the same. WHO do you think transports their dogs to this place, cross country. Who do you think is behind setting up the 501's for these places? I can only assume that you are part of it in order to defend this.
wzs7dt

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

Justice4Pups wrote:
You are EXACTLY correct! The SAME people associated with Paws Claws and More are the SAME people associated with Happy Dogs of New England and transporting cross country. Anyone that comes on here and denies it, is someone that is most likely part of the 'group'.!!
wzs7dt

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Judged:

4 the dogs wrote:
I know the people that have Hotel for Happy Dogs and they are not the same people you are talking about. Hotel for Happy Dogs gets dogs from the south not the west. You need to check into correct information and not assume. I agree that there are bad rescues out there but this one is not one of them. These people have dedicated their lives to help rescue dogs that otherwise would have no chance at a life. I hope that your quick assumptions and lack of correct information has not dammaged this recues reputation. This group moved from the south to the north to better serve the animals from the south. If you have any questions why don't you just call. You can also find them under Homes for Happy Dogs. This is a different organization than Happy Dogs of New England. Please get your facts together. I believe that an apology is due.
I can only assume you must 'know' them even less than I do. Even I KNOW they are ALL part of the same group! So which FACTS would you like to have substantiated ? And then perhaps we should wait on your apology for defending them.
wzs7dt

Centerburg, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2013

Volunteer wrote:
You really need to get all the facts straight before you go making accusations like this! They don't get dogs from the Midwest & they're not even from Kentucky.....different organization!
Which FACTS would you like to have straightened out for you?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of104
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chichester Discussions

Search the Chichester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Rep. Emerick: Legislative update (Apr '13) 38 min Live from Utica 153
NH law keeps murder case liars on the hook forever (Jul '09) Apr 15 SPQR 13
Concord receives two more bids for Main Street ... Apr 12 Test 2
Test Apr 12 Test 1
Fallen N.H. police officer one of 42 honored (May '08) Apr 8 RICO 7
Cruiser Video Captures Officer's Murder In N.H. (Jun '07) Apr 8 full steam ahead 1,106
Celebrity Phone Numbers? HELP! (Mar '08) Apr 1 starbuck 195
•••
•••

Chichester News Video

•••
•••

Chichester Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chichester People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE