Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Well well well what comes around goes around. I was banned from southwest ball hockey a few years ago. and I didn't do anything near what Rob Pyznarski has done. First thing is first Google Rob Pyznarski and Sports Illustrated this guy changed a whole bunch of kids ages making them much younger than they actually were 18 yr olds playing in a 15 yr old tournament. Having these parents drive all the way to PA only to be kicked out of the tournament then telling one of the players dads when he questions him about it lets go outside and handle it like men. That wasnt the only age group he changed either. Obviously nothing happened to him then because he surrounds himself with people who will cover for him. He also just kicked a guy off the board without so much as a vote. This guy was getting jerseys, sticks, tickets and autographs from the Blackhawks but because Rob wasn't getting any credit for it he booted him out without any vote from any board members. Now his latest tirade with an actual police report filed. This league has a grievance board set up to handle this kind of stuff. I was banned like i said for much much less than this man has done. Yet he is still allowed to operate a childrens league. I sure hope this board removes him this time because it is only fair. But being he is in charge of it it is corrupt. I hear there is aboard meeting tonight cant wait to hear how that turns out. They need to follow the steps in their own bylaws and remove him. If i was banned then so should he be times 10.
A hockey parent

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Another person with a personal attack - will you guys ever stop - slander is an costly and everyone gets hurt -
Too DoLittle Too LATE

Chicago Ridge, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Deputy Dolittle wrote:
What relevance? He assaulted and battered someone. Is he above the law? What he did is an actual felony due to being a public official. Thats what relevance it has. And he did it in front of a good 150 people a lot of them children. So what nobody is supposed to say anything. Lets just turn our heads and pretend it didn't happen? Come on get real. Get your head out of his butt and maybe you could see the light. You act like I have something to gain here. I just want to protect the kids of the league and residents of Chicago Ridge from a person who shouldn't hold either positions due to his being unstable and his anger issues, He definitely shouldn't be allowed to carry a weapon. Annoying one Out!!
Thanks for the comments "He WHo Does Little". Now move along and let the big boys play! Long Live The Rob!
Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Not a personal attack just stating i was banned for less and now so should be. This guy is the president of a kids league and he shouldn't be. Bottom Line. All i am doing is stating facts. I know the truth sometimes hurts but thats the way it goes!!! The proof in in the pudding.
slapshot

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Opinions are like you know what everyone has one its just that to a bully like Pyznarski he doesn't care about others opinions and chooses instead to make his own rules and do as he pleases...so people need a forum to vent frustrations because if you stand up to him or share a different opinion you are shown the door...
THE TRUTH

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

I was there also and I would like to call whoever has video to step up and show it. It will show what really happened. Where do you guys get your numbers...50-75 kids, NO WAY, try 20 at best. 175 or so people...WOW...just like what happened, you guys are stretching the truth and blowing this 1 minute altercation WAY out of proportion. No one should have been arrested and no one was! NO one was hurt and video would show a SW Hockey COACH was the aggressor and another person from their bench was the 3rd man into the VERBAL ALTERCATION. Oh and sorry all you saints, arguments happen when men play a kid's game...it is the nature of sport. Oh and Dolittle, step up and tell the truth...don't put a bunch of bulls#%t on this forum because you don't like the way the league has been run....last but most important: ALOT OF KIDS AND FAMILIES BENEFIT FROM THE MONEY RAISED AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!
THE TRUTH

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Bob wrote:
So, can someone tell me who was the charity event benefiting?
Did people have to pay to enter?
Were there referees at this game?
Thanks
Bob....the teams pay to play with most of that money coming from sponsors...ALL OF THE MONEY RAISED go to local families and HELP PAY FOR CHARITY EVENTS around the holidays. Nobody can dispute that!!
Down with the Clown

Midlothian, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Judged:

Hmmm Truth where is the mention of him changing kids ages funny you make no mention of that. And there was more than 20 kids there. But lets just say there was 20 kids was it ok for them to witness what he did. I saw the mans neck he was attacked. And if it wasn't for Robs brother begging the victim not to have him arrested he was going to get arrested. There is no doubt about it. What does it matter if its a minute or 30 second altercation people get killed in less time. Sorry Debbie i mean Truth nice try trying to blame the victim . Rob had NO BUSINESS on the coaches bench. Be careful what you wish for with the video. Because the States Attorneys office is going to LOVE IT.
THE TRUTH

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

Clown...I only can comment on the things I know. I have no knowledge of what happened in Pitt years ago so I have no comment on that. You are absolutely right that no matter how many kids saw it, ONE is too many. Nobody involved in the tournament is happy how the way it ended. My problem is that what actually happened that day, on that bench has been exaggerated. My kids were there too. I won't back down regarding the video...I know that if someone really had it and it showed what alot of people are saying happened, it would have been out there already. All it would show is an argument and then alot of players getting between the three people involved. I just think this is all because of past things that occurred in the SW Ball Hockey program and not the unfortunate incident that occurred on Sept. 30th. That business should be settled at league meetings, not on an internet forum!!
Curious

Frankfort, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 8, 2012

What three people? I thought I was just two people
Savard

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

THE TRUTH wrote:
I was there also and I would like to call whoever has video to step up and show it. It will show what really happened. Where do you guys get your numbers...50-75 kids, NO WAY, try 20 at best. 175 or so people...WOW...just like what happened, you guys are stretching the truth and blowing this 1 minute altercation WAY out of proportion. No one should have been arrested and no one was! NO one was hurt and video would show a SW Hockey COACH was the aggressor and another person from their bench was the 3rd man into the VERBAL ALTERCATION. Oh and sorry all you saints, arguments happen when men play a kid's game...it is the nature of sport. Oh and Dolittle, step up and tell the truth...don't put a bunch of bulls#%t on this forum because you don't like the way the league has been run....last but most important: ALOT OF KIDS AND FAMILIES BENEFIT FROM THE MONEY RAISED AT THIS TOURNAMENT!!
thanks Rob
Sharpattack

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

If things could be "handled" at a board meeting, I don't think anyone would be having this debate. If people had the confidence that the board truly ran the league in the same manner as other organizations, Rob's past and present behavior would not be tolerated. NO ONE else would get away with any of this. Anyone who has been involved for any length of time knows this is not a democracy....it is a dictatorship. Just call Rob "Hugo"or "Fidel".
Sharpattack

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Don't blame the board...that is just the way this organization has always been run & if you buck the system, you will be banished. People just want their kids to play hockey & have fun. Too bad the adults & their childish, inappropriate behavior have to get in the way.
Johnson

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Unfortunately, what needs to happen is that the Alsip police officer that responded to the location should be suspended. The Cook County State Attorney’s office must open an investigation. How does a guy who leaves the spectator area (not part of the game), run to the bench and begins to choke a man on the bench? Cover up. The outcome of the Police Chief is minor; the bigger issue is how Alsip Police covered the incident up. That Alsip Police Officer should be suspended.
Johnson

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

From Sports Illustrated:

To the distressingly large number of adults who find a way to mess up sports for kids, add the name of Rob Pyznarski, a Chicago police detective and president of Youth Ball Hockey Inc., a street hockey league in the south suburbs of Chicago. About 300 kids on 20 teams in three age groups (8-10, 11-13 and 14-16) competed in the program this winter, and 56 of them were chosen to play on one of Youth Ball Hockey's three all-star teams in a tournament in Pittsburgh last month. Before the tournament began, however, Pyznarski discovered that the Pittsburgh teams were slightly younger (the age groups were 7-9, 10-12 and 13-15). No problem for Pyznarski. When filling out official rosters for the teams, he lowered the ages of many of the players. On one, for example, he misrepresented nine of 15 birth dates, in each case making the player a year or two younger than he was, without informing the player or his parents.

"It was a joke," says Jay Henry, who drove to the tournament with his 13-year-old son, Kevin, one of the Chicago all-stars. "You knew something was wrong just looking at the teams on the floor." Says another parent, who did not want her name used, "I felt we were disgracing Chicago."

The Chicago parents found out that the birth dates had been falsified when they confronted Pyznarski after some of the players were challenged on their ages by tournament officials. Embarrassed and angry, they then withdrew their teams from the tournament.

And what was Pyznarski's response to the subsequent brouhaha? As they say on NYPD Blue, he "lawyered up" and would not answer questions. What made the parents particularly angry was Pyznarski's lack of remorse. "He told me if I didn't like the way he ran things, I could take my kid and go home," Michelle Keller, who drove to Pittsburgh with her nine-year-old son, Luke, told the Chicago Sun-Times. Henry, meanwhile, says that when he confronted Pyznarski, the Youth Ball Hockey president told him, "We should go outside and settle things like men."

The saddest aspect of all this is the message it sent kids. "You should've seen my son hanging his head," says Keller. "He said to me,'How can the coach cheat and lie?' "
THE TRUTH

Palatine, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

Judged:

Johnson wrote:
Unfortunately, what needs to happen is that the Alsip police officer that responded to the location should be suspended. The Cook County State Attorney’s office must open an investigation. How does a guy who leaves the spectator area (not part of the game), run to the bench and begins to choke a man on the bench? Cover up. The outcome of the Police Chief is minor; the bigger issue is how Alsip Police covered the incident up. That Alsip Police Officer should be suspended.
Wow Johnson....you must live in a box to think that!! Or do you always think there is one side to a story and IT'S YOURS. There were just as many people saying the ball hockey "Coach" from the bench was the aggressor as far as the physical altercation as there were saying Rob was. That "peace" officer did his job and restored peace as best he could for not being there when it happened. Grow up!! All this stuff is ridiculous, handle your business in the open and not on a stupid forum.
Sharpattack

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

THE TRUTH wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow Johnson....you must live in a box to think that!! Or do you always think there is one side to a story and IT'S YOURS. There were just as many people saying the ball hockey "Coach" from the bench was the aggressor as far as the physical altercation as there were saying Rob was. That "peace" officer did his job and restored peace as best he could for not being there when it happened. Grow up!! All this stuff is ridiculous, handle your business in the open and not on a stupid forum.
Hello pot...this is kettle....you're black.
You must live in a glass house.
Johnson

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 9, 2012

The Truth: I am not sure if you are part of the league, but how does that league maintain discipline or order in the future? If you or the league defend a person that leaves the spectator section and enters a hockey bench to settle an issue with a coach, then how does the league prevent this in the future? Coaches are open targets.

Further, I still do not see how the person who leaves the spectator section of a rink and attacks a coach on the bench somehow becomes a victim (required to defend himself), unless there's collusion. The only way one could defend him is if he simply remained in the spectator section, which he didn't.
slapshot

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

I wonder what would have happened if it was anybody else but the chief of Police of a neighboring town...??? Surely the person would have been thrown off the premises and arrested...hmmm but if You run The league you are exempt?!?I wonder how tough Mr President would have been if there weren't 12 guys to stand between and keep people apart...would the president go one on one with the guy??? How many times will he get away with his bully tactics now??? Would he resort to fisticuffs if someone questioned his ability to run his Police Dept.??? Hmmm will he now abuse his badge and go after those who challenged him9?? Hmmmmm....
A hockey parent

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Judged:

I wonder how many of you are willing to share your real names on here - perhaps than both sides of the story could be shared with you but instead you come on and continue to just post the same stuff under different names.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chicago Ridge Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 3 hr Chickenpoo 49,272
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Thu whatitis 3,911
Bad Contractor (Dec '11) Wed So Smart 55
How well is the Chicago Ridge Farmers Market doing Wed Flop 13
Will Davies resign tonite or will he try to han... (Jul '13) Wed Event Manager 57
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Wed Weneedchange 147
Finley Jr. High School (Nov '09) Aug 19 NutBag 10

Search the Chicago Ridge Forum:
•••

Flood Warning for Cook County was issued at August 22 at 8:15AM CDT

•••
•••
•••

Chicago Ridge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••