Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania in 2010?

Posted in the Chester Springs Forum

Comments (Page 1,110)

Showing posts 22,181 - 22,200 of51,379
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
did-u-c-that

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23459
May 21, 2012
 
Larry

Waterbury, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23460
May 21, 2012
 
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL! Now THAT'S funny - choosing to ONLY follow a pollster who has a PROVEN record of inaccuracy and bias.
----------
Choosing to ONLY follow Rasmussen is the tactic of someone who is more interested in having his rightwing beliefs reinforced than someone who is actually interested in truth and objective reality.
Oh, and you're NEEEEVVVVVVEEEERRRRRR biased? Not when I see people quoting the Huffington Puffington Post.

Name me ONE pollster that gets it right all th etime. The Noo Yawk Times? That's a totally Left wingnut paper to begin with.
Larry

Waterbury, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23461
May 21, 2012
 
Danny boy,

Your side called Bush "stupid" for eight years. And no, he was not my favorite president either.

So why are you upset when I see a stupid person and call him Ostupid? Or are you the only side who are allowed to call the President names?

Ostupid is as Ostupid does.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23462
May 21, 2012
 
Larry wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, and you're NEEEEVVVVVVEEEERRRRRR biased? Not when I see people quoting the Huffington Puffington Post.
Name me ONE pollster that gets it right all th etime. The Noo Yawk Times? That's a totally Left wingnut paper to begin with.
We're not talking about getting it right all the time. We're talking about a systematic, persistent bias.

And we're not talking about posters on Topix. We're talking about a national polling firm.

I say up-front that I have a liberal perspective when I post my opinions. I'm not claiming that what I post is accurate, reliable, neutral statistical data.

You are choosing to rely on information that has been proven to be inaccurate and biased but is being presented as reliable and accurate. I don't understand why you'd want to do that, but to each his own. Just don't expect anyone to take you seriously when you base your political opinions on false and misleading information.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23463
May 21, 2012
 
Larry wrote:
Danny boy,
Your side called Bush "stupid" for eight years. And no, he was not my favorite president either.
So why are you upset when I see a stupid person and call him Ostupid? Or are you the only side who are allowed to call the President names?
Ostupid is as Ostupid does.
3

I'm not upset. I just pointed out when I realized you are not a serious person.

Use whatever juvenile names you want for the President, I don't care. Talk like a misinformed fringe wingnut, I don't care.

Just don't expect to be taken seriously when you do.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23464
May 21, 2012
 
did-u-c-that wrote:
I think the solution to stupid and irresponsible people like this is to make it harder for poor women to access birth control. That way we can simultaneously make the problem worse, maintain our feelings of moral superiority, and still pass judgment on poor people.

I get so tired of conservatives who decry the moral decay in our society while preventing people from having access to the tools that will improve their situations.
did-u-c-that

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23465
May 21, 2012
 
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the solution to stupid and irresponsible people like this is to make it harder for poor women to access birth control. That way we can simultaneously make the problem worse, maintain our feelings of moral superiority, and still pass judgment on poor people.
I get so tired of conservatives who decry the moral decay in our society while preventing people from having access to the tools that will improve their situations.
Aren't you doing exactly what you accuse others of? Just because this guy is black, does that mean that the women he got pregnant are poor, or didn't have access to birth control. What about his role in all of this? Why is it always the women that should use birth control? He couldn't have used a rubber? Which should have been used in the first place to prevent the possibility of contracting STD's and preventing pregnancy.
Your damn right I'm passing judgement on this man. There is no reason on earth that this man should have impregnated 11 different women, multiple times and not thought of the consequences of his actions. And then, to expect the state of TN to help him pay for his stupidity? Because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants? Really Dan? Come on. Moral superiority has nothing to do with. It's called common sense! Nice try at spinning the situation.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23466
May 21, 2012
 
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the solution to stupid and irresponsible people like this is to make it harder for poor women to access birth control. That way we can simultaneously make the problem worse, maintain our feelings of moral superiority, and still pass judgment on poor people.
I get so tired of conservatives who decry the moral decay in our society while preventing people from having access to the tools that will improve their situations.
Non sequitur much, danny BOY?

Leave it to you to blame legislative action for 30 children born to 11 women via one man.

Yeah, blame the Republican's danny BOY. You're a desperate clown.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23467
May 21, 2012
 
Dan the Man wrote:
Factories begin to shift back to US
Two-thirds of big US manufacturers have moved factories in the past two years, with the most popular destination being the US, according to a survey being released on Monday by Accenture, the consultants.
The report provides some of the first industry-wide empirical evidence of “reshoring,” the trend of jobs once outsourced to low-cost emerging economies being brought back to the US.
Although the subject has received much attention, with General Electric the most high-profile example, most of the evidence so far has been isolated and anecdotal.
President Barack Obama has proposed tax incentives for companies that move their overseas operations back to the US and tax penalties for those that do not.
Plagiarists use other's words without authorization or attribution.

You have previously, vehemently denied being a plagiarist yet you copied, pasted and presented the above words as your own. Those words were authored by someone else, danny BOY. Here is a link to a source:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141254...

You are a plagiarist and a liar in denying it.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23468
May 21, 2012
 
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Non sequitur much, danny BOY?
Leave it to you to blame legislative action for 30 children born to 11 women via one man.
Yeah, blame the Republican's danny BOY. You're a desperate clown.
I didn't blame legislative action for this situation. I plainly said that current GOP priorities would make it harder for women to control their own reproductive health. And that is an undeniable fact.

But leave it to you to twist my words to justify another asinine personal attack. Talk about a desperate clown. LOL!
Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23469
May 21, 2012
 
Tsk tsk, danny BOY. Plagiarizing is becoming a frequent habit for you:
Dan the Man wrote:
Obama’s cash advantage grows:
Romney’s campaign had less than $10 million cash on hand at the end of April — less than one-twelfth the amount Obama’s campaign had.
The federal campaign finance reports due Sunday expound on the numbers reported by the campaigns themselves last week.
Romney’s campaign said it had raised $40 million total for the month, split between different entities. His campaign, though, raised just $11.7 million of it and has just $9.2 million on hand after a tough primary season (Romney was pretty clearly the presumptive nominee for most or all of April).
Obama, meanwhile, raised $25.7 million for his campaign and had $115 million cash on hand at the end of the month. Obama raised a total of $43.6 million for his campaign and the Democratic National Committee.
Once again, danny BOY, you've stolen the words of someone else and presented them as your own. You've included no quotation marks, no attribution, and no link to their source leaving the apparent intentional impression you wrote the above.

You copied and pasted them from the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/p...

No one takes a thief seriously. There is no defense for your plagiarism, particularly given that you well know the impropriety and sleaziness of your actions.

danny BOY, the plagiarizing pathological liar.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23470
May 21, 2012
 
did-u-c-that wrote:
<quoted text>
Aren't you doing exactly what you accuse others of? Just because this guy is black, does that mean that the women he got pregnant are poor, or didn't have access to birth control. What about his role in all of this? Why is it always the women that should use birth control? He couldn't have used a rubber? Which should have been used in the first place to prevent the possibility of contracting STD's and preventing pregnancy.
Your damn right I'm passing judgement on this man. There is no reason on earth that this man should have impregnated 11 different women, multiple times and not thought of the consequences of his actions. And then, to expect the state of TN to help him pay for his stupidity? Because he couldn't keep his dick in his pants? Really Dan? Come on. Moral superiority has nothing to do with. It's called common sense! Nice try at spinning the situation.
Your party is doing all it can to restrict the ability of women, particularly poor women, from being able to control their reproductive health. That is an undeniable fact.

My point was that your energies would be better spent trying to help women be able to prevent unwanted pregnancies than just cluck-clucking about how irresponsible SOME people are.

Either you want to solve the problem or you want to preserve your right to sit back and judge. It's clear where your priorities are.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23471
May 21, 2012
 
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Plagiarists use other's words without authorization or attribution.
You have previously, vehemently denied being a plagiarist yet you copied, pasted and presented the above words as your own. Those words were authored by someone else, danny BOY. Here is a link to a source:
http://www.democraticunderground.com/10141254...
You are a plagiarist and a liar in denying it.
I posted text from an article and included the TITLE of that article. I posted it without comment. It's clear to anyone with more than half a brain that's what I did. You're accusing me of trying to take credit for it without any evidence at all.

Of course that's what you ALWAYS do - level accusations at me without evidence. That's your only discernible skill.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23472
May 21, 2012
 
Ted wrote:
Tsk tsk, danny BOY. Plagiarizing is becoming a frequent habit for you:
<quoted text>
Once again, danny BOY, you've stolen the words of someone else and presented them as your own. You've included no quotation marks, no attribution, and no link to their source leaving the apparent intentional impression you wrote the above.
You copied and pasted them from the Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/the-fix/p...
No one takes a thief seriously. There is no defense for your plagiarism, particularly given that you well know the impropriety and sleaziness of your actions.
danny BOY, the plagiarizing pathological liar.
You're lying. I did not present it as my own work.
Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23474
May 21, 2012
 
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't blame legislative action for this situation. I plainly said that current GOP priorities would make it harder for women to control their own reproductive health. And that is an undeniable fact.
But leave it to you to twist my words to justify another asinine personal attack. Talk about a desperate clown. LOL!
Sure, that's deniable, danny BOY!

You opined that "current GOP priorities would make it harder for women to control their own reproductive health" and then called it an undeniable "fact". You are delusional in believing your opinions are facts.

But that's beside the point because the referenced article was about PAST indiscriminate actions by one man, 11 women in producing 30 children. Yeah, danny BOY, blame the GOP for the poor decisions these 12 adults made. Typical danny BOY think.

You failed to comment about or condemn the parents' undisciplined behavior that will likely lead to a life of poverty and denied achievement for their--current--30 off spring. Instead you reference GOP priorities. Talk about twisting things to tout your political point of view!

danny BOY, you are a desperate, lying, laughable clown.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23475
May 21, 2012
 
Ted wrote:
<quoted text>
Sure, that's deniable, danny BOY!
You opined that "current GOP priorities would make it harder for women to control their own reproductive health" and then called it an undeniable "fact". You are delusional in believing your opinions are facts.
But that's beside the point because the referenced article was about PAST indiscriminate actions by one man, 11 women in producing 30 children. Yeah, danny BOY, blame the GOP for the poor decisions these 12 adults made. Typical danny BOY think.
You failed to comment about or condemn the parents' undisciplined behavior that will likely lead to a life of poverty and denied achievement for their--current--30 off spring. Instead you reference GOP priorities. Talk about twisting things to tout your political point of view!
danny BOY, you are a desperate, lying, laughable clown.
There's a high-pitched whine in here that's killing my ears.
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23476
May 21, 2012
 
The House GOP's Plan to Redefine Rape

Rape is only really rape if it involves force. So says the new House Republican majority as it now moves to change abortion law.

For years, federal laws restricting the use of government funds to pay for abortions have included exemptions for pregnancies resulting from rape or incest.(Another exemption covers pregnancies that could endanger the life of the woman.)

But the "No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion Act," a bill with 173 mostly Republican co-sponsors that House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) has dubbed a top priority in the new Congress, contains a provision that would rewrite the rules to limit drastically the definition of rape and incest in these cases.

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2011/01/r...
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23478
May 21, 2012
 
House votes to defund Planned Parenthood

The House just approved Rep. Mike Pence's amendment to cut off funding to Planned Parenthood, checking off a hot-button social issue even as it set up a bigger showdown over defunding the health care law.

The vote was 240-185 with 11 Democrats voting for the amendment, and seven Republicans voting against. One member voted present. A group of Republicans on the floor applauded when the vote hit 218.

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0211/498...
Dan the Man

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23479
May 21, 2012
 
Birth control exemption bill, the ‘Blunt amendment,’ killed in Senate

The Senate Thursday rejected an effort to vastly expand conscience exemptions to the Obama administration's new birth control coverage rule, even as Republican presidential contenders continued to tussle over the issue.

The measure, an amendment proposed by Sen. Roy Blunt (R-Mo.) to a highway funding bill, would have allowed not only religious groups but any employer with moral objections to opt out of the coverage requirement. And it would have allowed such employers to do so in the case of not only contraception but any health service required by the 2010 health-care law.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/national/health...
Ted

Johnstown, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23480
May 21, 2012
 
Dan the Man wrote:
<quoted text>
I posted text from an article and included the TITLE of that article. I posted it without comment. It's clear to anyone with more than half a brain that's what I did. You're accusing me of trying to take credit for it without any evidence at all.
Of course that's what you ALWAYS do - level accusations at me without evidence. That's your only discernible skill.
Ummm, nope danny BOY. You are lying. You presented a stolen article as your own. You posted it AS your comment.

There is no avoiding or defending your plagiarism.

How much 'evidence' do you require, danny BOY? I included the links from which you stole the words and posted without attribution as your own. That's clear and unambiguous evidence of your plagiarism.

You just compound your crime in lying about it. You should have just admitted an error in attribution rather than try to defend your thievery.

You would fail a university level class and possibly be expelled for your actions.

You and West Mifflin share the sleazy habit of plagiarism.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,181 - 22,200 of51,379
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chester Springs Discussions

Search the Chester Springs Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 11 min PA Dem 3,548
Basement Waterproofing Apr 11 Granny 1
Review: Devon Property Services LLC Apr 11 Granny 1
glen mills schools (Sep '11) Mar '14 tj bektashi 66
Review: Blence Landscape Mar '14 Katy and Phil 1
Review: Personal Health Care Inc Mar '14 personalhealthcare 1
Phil Robertson calls gays 'God haters' in 2010 ... Feb '14 DNF 369
•••

Fire Warning for Chester County was issued at April 23 at 9:48AM EDT

•••
•••

Chester Springs News Video

•••
•••

Chester Springs Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chester Springs People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••