Gingrich: Obama apology for Quran burning in Afghanistan an 'outrage' in light of deaths

Full story: The Washington Post

SPOKANE, Wash. - GOP presidential candidate Newt Gingrich said Thursday a U.S. apology to Afghan authorities for burned Qurans on a military base was "astonishing" and undeserved.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Feb 26, 2012
 
Cat74 wrote:
How about an apology from those slimey little bastards for the killing of those 2 Americans in retaliation for the burning of the koran. Gingrich is right. The muslim President make you want to puke.
If we want to puke, Catnip, we can always rely on you.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Feb 26, 2012
 
DENG wrote:
Gingrich:
ANOTHER ZIONIST PIG.
GIVE HIM HIS 5 MINUTE TRIAL AND THEN HANG HIM
How about the electric chair and 30 years besides?
NotaproductofTex as

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Feb 26, 2012
 
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>If we want to puke, Catnip, we can always rely on you.
there are hairball formulas out there to help this along...
NotaproductofTex as

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Feb 26, 2012
 
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>How about the electric chair and 30 years besides?
waste of good energy. let's use a more sustainable method...and electric chair powered by a bicycle pedaled by dubya! LOL!
NotaproductofTex as

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Feb 26, 2012
 
Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent comments! My compliments.
thank you...:)
NotaproductofTex as

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Feb 26, 2012
 
Slavic Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>You are fool. Your driving your own blessed country under the feet of these towel heads, who want your head to chopped off first. But i don't see you, you are before your computer- a little liberal putpost, blaiming the paradise you live in. Who knows, could it be that you muslim, who doesn't want to live in the islamic sewer cesspool society, where mad huts on both sides of the street with no plumbing and hot water, and cholera bacteria water running downd the street in the middle from every mad hut by little streems. So I am an Russian my self. If you think that you will satisfy the crocodile, you wanna feed, be aware- this croc will eat you last. We Russians in USSR created (i mean our stupid fathers communists)for them every best condition desirable for men. They had in their USSR republics in Caucasus and Middle Asia: Chechnya,Dagestan,Ingushetiya, Tajikistan, Uzbekistan,Girgizstan,Kazachst an, Turkmanistan,all of those modern conditions, that their muslim brothers yet did not dream. They had jobs, we gave them, they had CARS!!!good enough Russian cars LADA, they had lots of good infrastructure and smoothly paved roads. We gave them electricity and running water: hot and cold. They could have plenty enough public, very good busss and little commute minivan public taxy. But they hated us Russians never the less. Closer to USSR going appart, they started robbing our people, hating for no reason,murdering. They kicked Russians out, when liberal idiot Yelcin keept silence. In Chechnya 20 000 russians were murdered in cold blood, only because they were Russians. Their intestants were wrapped around the picket fence- means house is free to occuppy by chechens. On the outskirts of town there were busses loaded with dead Russian people rotting. Righ before this time, there were not enough technology to make even good filming of it. But "poor" muslims strated filming after, when Russians came with revenge. I my self when i was a kid had to fight them all the time, because they are bullies and need some knuckle tretment. I have much more to say. American, you better wise up. Don't give up an inch to muslims. These people incredibly nasty. Their religion is rure satanic devil possesed influence. They suffer of it first and willing to go to hell.
It sounds like you are still fighting the war in Serbia? I understand your hatred of Muslims, because yes, they were cruel to you and the Russians. BUT, what were you doing in THEIR country? If you go into their country, and shoot at them, and try to take over their country, what do you expect them to do to you? Russia was the agressor in Afghanistan for many years, and they caused much of the unrest in Serbia and other neighboring countries. You blame the Muslims, but they had the right to defend themselves...just as you have the right to defend yourself. So the question is: why are you fighting? If you don't like the retaliation, then why are you picking a fight with them? The vast majority of Muslims in this country are good people. They don't even own a gun...and wouldn't know how to use one if you gave it to them. To broad brush ALL muslims as bad is like saying : " ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CRUSADERS AND WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DONT BOW DOWN..." Some christians would do that...but not all. I am sorry for your suffering. Maybe in time, you'll learn to see people as people...and not as a threat to your safety. you grew up in a harsh place. there were atrocities on both sides. war does this to people...and it takes generations to heal, if it ever does. I am not a hater or war monger. Because I believe in the higher good of all people. I hope for your sake, you can find a place of peace.

“Happiness comes through giving”

Since: Feb 08

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Feb 26, 2012
 
George Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to apologize, lets just send Santorium and Newt to Afghanistan and let them explain the Koran burning to Afghan citizens. I would just love to see the news video on that one-LOL
Not for the kiddies. They're already exposed to enough violence.
rider

Marquette, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Feb 26, 2012
 
days ago... Chuck Missler, Jerry Falwell, Sun Myung Moon, Rick Santorum, Newt ... Rick Joyner, The Pope, TBN, Calvary Chapel, CNP, Knights of Malta ...

http://www.blubrry.com/contendingfortruth/130... - 29k -
Slavic Baptist

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Feb 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

NotaproductofTexas wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are still fighting the war in Serbia? I understand your hatred of Muslims, because yes, they were cruel to you and the Russians. BUT, what were you doing in THEIR country? If you go into their country, and shoot at them, and try to take over their country, what do you expect them to do to you? Russia was the agressor in Afghanistan for many years, and they caused much of the unrest in Serbia and other neighboring countries. You blame the Muslims, but they had the right to defend themselves...just as you have the right to defend yourself. So the question is: why are you fighting? If you don't like the retaliation, then why are you picking a fight with them? The vast majority of Muslims in this country are good people. They don't even own a gun...and wouldn't know how to use one if you gave it to them. To broad brush ALL muslims as bad is like saying : " ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CRUSADERS AND WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DONT BOW DOWN..." Some christians would do that...but not all. I am sorry for your suffering. Maybe in time, you'll learn to see people as people...and not as a threat to your safety. you grew up in a harsh place. there were atrocities on both sides. war does this to people...and it takes generations to heal, if it ever does. I am not a hater or war monger. Because I believe in the higher good of all people. I hope for your sake, you can find a place of peace.
I've lived among muslims. Thank you very much- don't wanna any more. And will tell to every single american to stop migration of muslims in to here, or just stripped all of muslim identity and get an test on the Bible, to prove that they turned in to christianity. I am 44 and, i teach exactly that to my kids. We have to preserve this country- America from every dangerous thing as liberals, islam, communizm, facsism etc. Muslims are the first who are sugffeirng from islam, and never the less, they bring their religion here, that created the mess, that they ascape from in to here, only to create here a stone age society as well. Isn't better and more honest to stay where they are, than spoil this advanced society, or come as people, who really wanning to ascape from islam. It was always like that. Communist Russia was a much more advanced society, but it was prohibited to get in to US if a person ever was registered in communist party. And it was pretty common back then. If this country will turn in to islamic cesspool, then where they will move to, on to moon? We must protect this country from runing over by muslims, like it happened in Europe and in Russia.
Cat74

Mchenry, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Feb 27, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why do we cater to these savages? They are like animals. They are totally uncivilized, and we could stay there for 100 years, and they would still be animals.
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Mar 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Lawrence Wolf wrote:
<quoted text>Take your vomit to the crapper.
and when youre through in the crapper wipe your ass with pages of the koran!thats where it belongs!no one seems to mention that their sacred book was used to pass messages along to prisoners from each other?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Mar 4, 2012
 
NotaproductofTexas wrote:
If anyone should be handing out handwritten apologies, it should be Newt Gingrich to Bill Clinton. As you recall, while Newt was running roughshod over Bill for his Monica-gate indiscretion and calling for his impeachment, NEWT WAS BOPPING CALISTA BEHIND HIS OWN WIFE'S BACK! Yeah, he's a real family values kinda guy...
As for APOLOGIES:
I know it's difficult for some of you Muslim hating folk to get past the Quran, et. al. HOWEVER, you need to understand two important things about our mission in Afghanistan:
1) we won't win a war against the very people we trained against the USSR ( yes we trained the Taliban )unless we win their hearts
2) we won't win their hearts by burning their sacred book
That being said, try to imagine if you will how incensed YOU would be, if some foreign soldier bull dozed his way into YOUR country, shot up your country, and burned YOUR BIBLE....would you want an apology?
For some of you, it may be a tough decision, because let's face it, your first reaction would be anger, and then you'd want to retaliate...just as they have already done...( gee, they are human just like YOU!!)
But the point is, WE have to be better than this...we have to be better and do better, because we are AMERICANS....otherwise, we are no differen than what the terrorists do...we rape, pillage, destroy, burn, desecrate, and all in the name of "our god", democracy....and people, THAT IS NO DIFFERENT! at the end of the day, innocent lives are harmed or taken...and how in any creed or religion can that be justified?
We call ourselves a "christian" nation...if that's true, then why are we not acting like it? Is this what Christ would do? BURN a holy book of a brother, because we don't agree, or because we hate, or because we are indifferent to their ways/culture/ideals?
We can't ask for mercy if we show none. We can't ask for peace if we give none. We can't ask for tolerance if we don't do it ourselves.
When will you see that?
excuse me, but are there any centrists on this thread, who would learn from reading that? the rightwingers will never get it, you know that. But it was a good statement. too bad topix is so polarized, and the centrists are few and far between.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Mar 4, 2012
 
NotaproductofTexas wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are still fighting the war in Serbia? I understand your hatred of Muslims, because yes, they were cruel to you and the Russians. BUT, what were you doing in THEIR country? If you go into their country, and shoot at them, and try to take over their country, what do you expect them to do to you? Russia was the agressor in Afghanistan for many years, and they caused much of the unrest in Serbia and other neighboring countries. You blame the Muslims, but they had the right to defend themselves...just as you have the right to defend yourself. So the question is: why are you fighting? If you don't like the retaliation, then why are you picking a fight with them? The vast majority of Muslims in this country are good people. They don't even own a gun...and wouldn't know how to use one if you gave it to them. To broad brush ALL muslims as bad is like saying : " ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CRUSADERS AND WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DONT BOW DOWN..." Some christians would do that...but not all. I am sorry for your suffering. Maybe in time, you'll learn to see people as people...and not as a threat to your safety. you grew up in a harsh place. there were atrocities on both sides. war does this to people...and it takes generations to heal, if it ever does. I am not a hater or war monger. Because I believe in the higher good of all people. I hope for your sake, you can find a place of peace.
very very tactful and considerate comment to that guy - one who knows about his comments knows that he is hurting from his past and has come to very extremist conclusions from very extreme conditions.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Mar 4, 2012
 
Cat74 wrote:
Why do we cater to these savages? They are like animals. They are totally uncivilized, and we could stay there for 100 years, and they would still be animals.
they are religious zealots. they are not the only ones in the world now, nor in history. do not trash animals by comparing them with any humans of that nature, or with yourself, either.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Mar 4, 2012
 
George Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to apologize, lets just send Santorium and Newt to Afghanistan and let them explain the Koran burning to Afghan citizens. I would just love to see the news video on that one-LOL
funny. let them take their Bibles with them.
alan

Livonia, LA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Mar 4, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

George Bush wrote:
<quoted text>
No need to apologize, lets just send Santorium and Newt to Afghanistan and let them explain the Koran burning to Afghan citizens. I would just love to see the news video on that one-LOL
i would like to see hamid karzia come to the usa and explain the killing of american soldiers to some of us vets!i could show him first hand what i think of his koran and how it compares to toilet paper!maybe you could be his guide?that would be extra special?
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Mar 4, 2012
 
NotaproductofTexas wrote:
<quoted text>
thank you...:)
you and LW are two of my favorite commenters on topix. I know how difficult it is not to lose one's temper with the rightwing extremists who are so nasty. When you are patient you are very patient, and when you are annoyed, you usually go after someone who has deserved it, after living in comfort in the US, while others have suffered elsewhere.
VeganTiger

Spokane, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Apr 28, 2012
 
NotaproductofTexas wrote:
<quoted text>
It sounds like you are still fighting the war in Serbia? I understand your hatred of Muslims, because yes, they were cruel to you and the Russians. BUT, what were you doing in THEIR country? If you go into their country, and shoot at them, and try to take over their country, what do you expect them to do to you? Russia was the agressor in Afghanistan for many years, and they caused much of the unrest in Serbia and other neighboring countries. You blame the Muslims, but they had the right to defend themselves...just as you have the right to defend yourself. So the question is: why are you fighting? If you don't like the retaliation, then why are you picking a fight with them? The vast majority of Muslims in this country are good people. They don't even own a gun...and wouldn't know how to use one if you gave it to them. To broad brush ALL muslims as bad is like saying : " ALL CHRISTIANS ARE CRUSADERS AND WILL KILL YOU IF YOU DONT BOW DOWN..." Some christians would do that...but not all. I am sorry for your suffering. Maybe in time, you'll learn to see people as people...and not as a threat to your safety. you grew up in a harsh place. there were atrocities on both sides. war does this to people...and it takes generations to heal, if it ever does. I am not a hater or war monger. Because I believe in the higher good of all people. I hope for your sake, you can find a place of peace.
First of all. Everything SlavicBaptist is saying is totally true. Wake up and smel the coffee. Look at Western Europe of today. Maybe a more totalitarian Putin MAY be able to prevent the same thing form happening in Russia, but time will tell.

Otherwise, you apparantly have NO CLUE about neither the Afghanistan conflict, the Bosnian-Serbian conflict, the Serbian-Kosovar conflict nor even the US&NATO-Serbia conflict. ANd you probably have NO CLUE even when this happened. You probably think that the US bombed Serbia because they were killing muslims there? Or you think Srebrenica is in Russia?

Then, what about the Chechen-Riussian conflict? Just as clueless there? Obviously.

I am from a Western European line. My grandfather spied on German ports and gave the information to the russians accross the border. I know russian people and their hisotry very well. THey are my friends. DO not think RUssians are BS'ing about that or anything else for that matter. They are blunt and outspoken, but also very trustworthy and reliable once you have their friendsship.

When you are being so overly condescending as you are and at the same time is trying to lecture a Russian with gross factual faults, you really sound like an I-DIOT. YOu might not be, but that's what it sounds like.

Finally, American people that have no clue what is going on in Europe today, wake up!! That also includes Russia.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 58 of58
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cheney Discussions

Search the Cheney Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
We are thinking moving to Spokane (Nov '08) Apr 16 Jerry 138
Looking Mr Brown or Ms Blue Apr 14 PinkPony99 3
Hi (Mar '13) Apr 11 glr 6
Debate: Marijuana - Spokane, WA (Aug '10) Apr 9 Ian 298
So. Idaho county bans residents from owning Pit... (Apr '07) Apr 8 instinctual behavior 68
What's up with people's height in this state? Apr 8 Ian 1
WA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Washingto... (Oct '10) Feb '14 bothellwainfo 707
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cheney Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cheney People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••