curious

Chattanooga, TN

#4 Sep 1, 2012
I love the people who have 1.) never had shinges which are beyond describing how painful it can be-the blisters on the outside of the body are on the inside setting your nerve endings on fire-and also have no experience that pain and depression go hand in hand. I have a husband who opted for back surgery over pain meds, and a one hour surgery damn near crippled him for over a year, only to have another surgery weeks ago because during the first a bacteria infection was contracted, and ended up in his spine FOR A YEAR-had we not raised all kinds of Hades when pain pills were being thrown at him for a new MRI, he would be dead today...so I completely understand those who do not opt for surgery-even with todays technology, the best ortho surgeosn will not guarantee you surgery is a cure. Back pain is real, and it is a horrible thing to endure...
curious

Chattanooga, TN

#6 Sep 2, 2012
I wish you the very best- as I have gotten older, my migraines have lessened. Mine had a lot to do with hrmones and stress handling; age is handling hormones..lol..as it is the stress. The more I learned to know and appreciate myself, the less impact insincere people's opinions made on my feelings and creating stress.I actually had the rare typ of shingles that does reoccur, and again stress beating my immune system to a pulp would cause a flare up-so those are becoming fewer too. I guess for those who do not understand stress, anxiety or depression Robyn,its easy to make assumptions. I have said to my husband many times, I wish I had the capacity many yeara ago to have a more distant heart and be less caring, but I didn't, and still do not-just learning who deserves my compassion, I guess. Back issues are unbelievable-had I not experienced these hells with my husband, I might be more judgemental. I am nt a fool, educated, and to hear more than one professional with a medical degree tell us "1/3 people with back surgery get better, another 1/3 get worse and the remainder of folks just stay the same and have to learn to deal with it" blew my mind- it actually made me furious!LOL Sadly, it seems to be true-not everyone's body will respond the same to meds, excercise, or any other techniques, but finding a compassionate dotor gets harder and harder because sadly there are people who want to sell medicine instead of work, and do not want to take their medications for the prpose of relief and trying to maintain an every day life of working and enjoying being able to get out and be as active as possible.
Soddy Girl

Decatur, TN

#7 Dec 4, 2012
Whatever you do, DO NOT make an appointment at this clinic called Hamilton County Medical center. They recently changed their name from Pain Management of Hamilton County. Anyway they just want to make you take those shots & will only give you hydro's for only 2 weeks at a time so you can come back but if you say you don;t want them shots they will kick you out. The will only keep you for three months anyway
Soddy guy

Stanley, NC

#8 Dec 12, 2012
Soddy Girl wrote:
Whatever you do, DO NOT make an appointment at this clinic called Hamilton County Medical center. They recently changed their name from Pain Management of Hamilton County. Anyway they just want to make you take those shots & will only give you hydro's for only 2 weeks at a time so you can come back but if you say you don;t want them shots they will kick you out. The will only keep you for three months anyway
..........do you have any other suggestions on where I can go cause I don't have the$to go every 2 weeks!
Trustworthy supplier

New Rochelle, NY

#9 Dec 14, 2012
got some purple xanax. Got a prompt shipment and good product. I'm just a purchaser not connected to Robbin on any way.
Daltonian

Dalton, GA

#12 Dec 16, 2013
Soddy guy,
Did you ever find a reputable pain management doctor who helped you? I also need my pain med and do not want to be treated like a drug addict. I too cannot afford to go every two weeks and once a month is difficult. However in order to effectively manage my pain , I guess I could go once a month. I just need help with the medicine I know helps me most. Lortab is most effective. I have had stronger meds prescribed but I am not looking for that. Just the med that works. I ma having a very difficult time finding anyone who can be recommended... Yes, I DO want a reputable doctor. No I DO NOT want those injections... Asking for anyone's help actually.
Thanks
Broken

Dayton, TN

#13 Dec 20, 2013
Specialist in pain management on mccallie ave. no referral needed, you do need medical records and MRI. They are legit, not a pill mill.
Daltonian

Dalton, GA

#14 Dec 30, 2013
Broken wrote:
Specialist in pain management on mccallie ave. no referral needed, you do need medical records and MRI. They are legit, not a pill mill.
Thanks for your reply "Broken".. Although I am not looking for a pill mill, I am looking for a dr who understands that the medicine I need is a tremendous help for a better quality daily life. Do you know if they will prescribe medication? I only need the one that works.. Lortab 10/500. I've been without for several months and I am not doing so good with my aches and pains. I am not looking for stronger medication because I don't want to be in a drugged state. The Lortab helps so much but does not make me loopy. It helps me get through the day without near as much pain. Other pain meds have not proven to help.
Thanks for any response you may have. If this works out, I hope they take my insurance. I was looking to go to Dr Dreskin (Tn. Valley pain management)... none of the dr's on these forum threads (including Dreskin) have very good reviews. As I said before, I don't want to be treated like a drug addict. IS there a particular Dr you recommend I ask for at Specialists in pain management? Hoping for another reply from you soon.
Alan
InpainandPISSED

Cleveland, TN

#15 May 12, 2014
Did you ever find a good Dr.?
Daltonian

Dalton, GA

#16 May 13, 2014
InpainandPISSED wrote:
Did you ever find a good Dr.?
Nope :-(
I'm quite frustrated and still hurting
yepme2

United States

#17 May 26, 2014
Dr. Frauworth in Cleveland Tn. Ive been dealing with back pain scince 96 and he is by far the best. This is legit and not a pill mill.
Daltonian

Dalton, GA

#18 Jun 6, 2014
yepme2 wrote:
Dr. Frauworth in Cleveland Tn. Ive been dealing with back pain scince 96 and he is by far the best. This is legit and not a pill mill.
Thank you yepme2. I will call and see if they take my insurance. What is the name of his clinic?
Crys

Cleveland, TN

#19 Jun 16, 2014
Daltonian wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your reply "Broken".. Although I am not looking for a pill mill, I am looking for a dr who understands that the medicine I need is a tremendous help for a better quality daily life. Do you know if they will prescribe medication? I only need the one that works.. Lortab 10/500. I've been without for several months and I am not doing so good with my aches and pains. I am not looking for stronger medication because I don't want to be in a drugged state. The Lortab helps so much but does not make me loopy. It helps me get through the day without near as much pain. Other pain meds have not proven to help.
Thanks for any response you may have. If this works out, I hope they take my insurance. I was looking to go to Dr Dreskin (Tn. Valley pain management)... none of the dr's on these forum threads (including Dreskin) have very good reviews. As I said before, I don't want to be treated like a drug addict. IS there a particular Dr you recommend I ask for at Specialists in pain management? Hoping for another reply from you soon.
Alan
DONT go to dreskin! He is good but his practioner is awefull!! I have 2 herniated disks in my low back and have suffered for 2 yrs!! Went to them for the first time and got hydro 10/325 a month later went back and told them they werent working because they didnt last long enough!! Practioner then tells me that my mri was normal and there was nothing wring w my back when 4 days b4 that they called and told me my mri showed 2 herniated/ protruding disks and they were waiting on insurance to approve epidural shots!! She told me i was just seeking pills and that they were not going to help me!! F that!! I have been told to try dr ford! So im gonna call his office!!!
new to area

United States

#20 Jul 3, 2014
Crys wrote:
<quoted text>
DONT go to dreskin! He is good but his practioner is awefull!! I have 2 herniated disks in my low back and have suffered for 2 yrs!! Went to them for the first time and got hydro 10/325 a month later went back and told them they werent working because they didnt last long enough!! Practioner then tells me that my mri was normal and there was nothing wring w my back when 4 days b4 that they called and told me my mri showed 2 herniated/ protruding disks and they were waiting on insurance to approve epidural shots!! She told me i was just seeking pills and that they were not going to help me!! F that!! I have been told to try dr ford! So im gonna call his office!!!
Dr.Ford offer any help?
Zebo

Union City, TN

#22 Jul 11, 2014
Be prepared for drug tests when you visit. Tennessee has pased a law that pretty much bars pain clinics from prescribing opioids to patients. Tennessee has, also, paranoided out practitioners/physicians from prescribing any pain med/anti-anxiety meds.

Tennessee is becoming the prodestant version of Vatican City with it's morals above science governance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Chattanooga Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rotary Club Honors Firefighters Of The Year 4 hr HEADZ 1
interracial dating (Mar '13) 13 hr Al Henry 20
Keeping Blacks In Check 13 hr Al Henry 7
Blacks in Ferguson 13 hr Al Henry 4
white trash in Chattanooga 21 hr AmericanSon 3
Roy Exum: The UAW's New Scab List 21 hr AmericanSon 7
Chattanooga March Of Dimes Has Blue Jeans For B... Wed yjay22278 1
Chattanooga Dating
Find my Match

Chattanooga Jobs

Chattanooga People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Chattanooga News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chattanooga

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]