Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Sep 18, 2009

Since: Sep 09

Eton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 16, 2009
 
Id like to start a discussion/movement/campaign to see if we can get the Christmas light show back at the Eton Park this year. I know that in the years passed that Amazing Auto Glass has sponsored the show (I guess I could start by calling them, huh?).

I LOVED the light show! Im a big kid around Christmas and the light show sent me over the top! I stopped by and watched at least 5 nights a week when it was up. The last year that it was up (2007) I took my 9 month old son (who is 2 now) and he was in complete amazement. I now have another little critter and I know both boys would love to see the light show back almost as much as their dad 

Id like to start the ball rolling on this because Christmas will be here before we know it. They usually had it up and running right at Thanksgiving. I will gladly make a donation (what little I can afford). Id also volunteer to take up donations at the show a couple of nights a week.

Does anyone know the folks at Amazing Auto Glass? What should we do to get this back??
Jennifer

Trion, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 16, 2009
 
You may want to start with calling Eton City Hall. Speak to either Kim Hall or Media Trammel.

Since: Sep 09

Eton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 16, 2009
 
Awesome! Thanks!
Peter Griffin

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 16, 2009
 
pancakegravy wrote:
Id like to start a discussion/movement/campaign to see if we can get the Christmas light show back at the Eton Park this year. I know that in the years passed that Amazing Auto Glass has sponsored the show (I guess I could start by calling them, huh?).
I LOVED the light show! Im a big kid around Christmas and the light show sent me over the top! I stopped by and watched at least 5 nights a week when it was up. The last year that it was up (2007) I took my 9 month old son (who is 2 now) and he was in complete amazement. I now have another little critter and I know both boys would love to see the light show back almost as much as their dad 
Id like to start the ball rolling on this because Christmas will be here before we know it. They usually had it up and running right at Thanksgiving. I will gladly make a donation (what little I can afford). Id also volunteer to take up donations at the show a couple of nights a week.
Does anyone know the folks at Amazing Auto Glass? What should we do to get this back??
I agree...My wife and I liked going to this light show.We now have a 10 month old lil boy and would love to take him!
Done Deal

Chickamauga, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 16, 2009
 
You guys might want to read the paper once and a while. This has already been done. From Eton's website:

"CHRISTMAS LIGHTS SHOW
Mayor Cantrell stated Amazing Auto Glass has offered the purchase of a complete Christmas Lights Show (specifics attached) to the City of Eton for $12,000.00. The show's value is $30,000.00. Eton would finance the purchase of the light show as follows:$4500 down payment and $1250 per month for six months. This price includes set-up assistance, training, and support throughout the Christmas season. Council Member Bartley made the motion to purchase the Christmas Lights Show for $12,000.00. Following a second by Council Member Manis and a unanimous vote, the motion carried."
here ya go

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 16, 2009
 
According to Eton's last council meeting minutes, the City is in the process of purchasing the light show from the current owner for $12,000.00
jack

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 16, 2009
 
here ya go wrote:
According to Eton's last council meeting minutes, the City is in the process of purchasing the light show from the current owner for $12,000.00
spend spend spend
Likes It

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 17, 2009
 
jack wrote:
<quoted text>spend spend spend
Improve the city Improve the city Improve the city..... Continually beats Chatsworth to the punch in terms of finding reasons for people to come to Eton and spend their money.

Since: Sep 09

Eton

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 17, 2009
 
Done Deal wrote:
You guys might want to read the paper once and a while. This has already been done.
Fantastic!!!! Thanks for pointing that out! I really appreciate it! Exciting!
I know Mayor Billy

Sevierville, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 17, 2009
 
I know Billy and he told me that they are bringing back the light show. You can call Eton City Hall and they will tell you that they are bringing it back. I am glad cause that was something that my kids loved doing.
easy livin

Dalton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 17, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Likes It wrote:
<quoted text> Improve the city Improve the city Improve the city..... Continually beats Chatsworth to the punch in terms of finding reasons for people to come to Eton and spend their money.
But at what cost? I know the cost of public safety and what I mean by this is, they cut the police and fire budget and overspend their own budget
jack

Ringgold, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 18, 2009
 
Likes It wrote:
<quoted text> Improve the city Improve the city Improve the city..... Continually beats Chatsworth to the punch in terms of finding reasons for people to come to Eton and spend their money.
how? how? how?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chatsworth Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - Chatsworth, GA 1 hr gigmater 8
Commissioner 3 hr Hang you head in ... 72
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 3 hr Aggie23 52,144
Community Coaches 14 hr NM mom 3
NM Football 15 hr wondering 8
being a tattle tale 15 hr max 4
another student takes his life (Jan '13) 18 hr really--- 64

Search the Chatsworth Forum:
•••

Chatsworth News Video

•••
•••

Chatsworth Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Chatsworth People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chatsworth News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chatsworth
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••