New "Master Bait Shop" Has Town of Orange Talking - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports a...

The only bait and tackle store in the town of Orange is just about two weeks old, and it already has everybody talking, but people aren't talking about the great selection or the low prices. Full Story
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Herp Derp

Charlottesville, VA

#2 Jul 16, 2012
People in Orange county don't have much to do, I see.
dee

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jul 16, 2012
i'm opening a doughnut shop in orange called d's nuts
Maureen Wallace

Durham, NC

#4 Jul 16, 2012
Good luck and congratulations "Master Bait Shop" !
Maureen Wallace

Durham, NC

#5 Jul 16, 2012
dee wrote:
i'm opening a doughnut shop in orange called d's nuts
Oh someone will take that name to offense also....Bet you win to keep the nake also! Good Luck !
Typistgal

Charlottesville, VA

#6 Jul 16, 2012
Excellent and there are plenty of others out there with the same name...
heh

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jul 16, 2012
Best name for a store evah! Thanks nbc29 for the free pr.
Amanda

Charlottesville, VA

#8 Jul 17, 2012
I'd hate to play cards with Michael DeClue. He has a tremendous poker face throughout the interview. Clearly, he knows what to do to get lots of free advertising and is a great entrepreneur. Good luck!

A note to Michael - Never forget that if your bait shop is successful, you didn't build it. Give credit to President Obama ;)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Good luck

Danielson, CT

#9 Jul 17, 2012
Out of curiosity, I looked at their Facebook page and there was a discussion about the cooler being broken but in the article it says it was unplugged. So which is the truth? Funny name but I hope they don't end up being a bunch of "j***offs". Good luck!
Whoa Stop the Clock

Waynesboro, VA

#10 Jul 17, 2012
Good one!

Also like the slogan at the bottom.
Hello

Charlottesville, VA

#11 Jul 17, 2012
LOL Amanda!=)
dweeb

Orange, VA

#12 Jul 17, 2012
Apparently, there are several similarly named stores throughout the United States. T-shirts seem to be the most biggest sellers, according to some of the websites. Not a particularly original idea, but for the people fishing the greater Orange area, the store may be an asset. I believe the proprietor was a Sheriff's Deputy in Orange.
Fredericksburg

Centreville, VA

#13 Jul 17, 2012
Do they sell "dam bait"?
Eaglescout1984

Charlottesville, VA

#15 Jul 17, 2012
It's funny seeing the prudes come out of the woodwork and get all worked up. What's the harm? It's like an inside joke for adults. If you have a kid who can figure out what the store's name is getting at, it's not the owner's fault the kid knows that word.
Gru

Charlottesville, VA

#16 Jul 17, 2012
A very clever small business owner with a h*ll of a sense of humor !!! Wish him the best! That is a hoot and a half, and would DEFINITELY make me a customer !!
OPINIONATED

United States

#17 Jul 17, 2012
ITS PEOPLES DIRTY MINDS THAT MAKE THE NAME MEAN WHAT IT ISNT INTENDED TO BE.. GROW UP PEOPLE AND LET THE BUSINESS MAN DO BUSINESS! I FOR ONE WILL BE A CUSTOMER!
ya think

Rocky Mount, VA

#20 Jul 17, 2012
Mitt Romney wrote:
Orange has no plan, no hope and no clue!
Hopefully soon they will have no "President Obama" either! But ON TOPIC, I think this shop is worth checking out, and I might actually stop by and buy the t-shirt. It should be good for a few laughs if nothing else!
Joey

Charlottesville, VA

#21 Jul 17, 2012
OPINIONATED wrote:
LIKE SAYING I CANNOT NAME A STORE " MY CUNTRY STORE" REPEAT IT THE WAY IT SOUNDS AND THATS HOW PEOPLE TALK FOR HEAVENS SAKE.. GIT A GRIP PPL!
Stop yelling at us.
DwaterFox

Washington, DC

#22 Jul 17, 2012
How did a bait shop name become about the President..you closeted racist assholes..anything to spout your redneck uneducated fat mouths off..you probably dont stop serving yourselves long enough to actually vote..and the guy who tried to make Obama's name sound Muslim..you are anti -American and borderline treasonous ...have some pride in country..we are the"Uninted" States not devided!! What contributions do you make? Oher than your posts and support for Walmart?
Dude

Bumpass, VA

#23 Jul 17, 2012
I will be patronizing this store
Rush Maddow

Hillsville, VA

#24 Jul 17, 2012
Never heard a complaint about Dirty Dick's Crabs or Hemorrhoid Hamburgers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Massive Spike In Whites Setting Blacks On Fire Dec 15 Jennylou777 1
How to... Dec 14 True Blue Local 1
99 Baboon Syndicate Dec 9 KarlsonKendrickKyle 1
Friend of alleged UVA rape victim: Story is no ... Dec 8 Ipso Facto 1
Protest outside Phi Kappa Psi house leads to fo... Dec 6 Lordy 5
Rolling Stone Story Dec 5 bulk 1
Rob Lowe Sex Offender! (Aug '10) Dec 5 bulk 13
Charlottesville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web