No Complaint of Alleged HS Soccer Biting Incident Filed to VHSL - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA ...

Katrina Ditta, 18, charged with misdemeanor assault & battery after being accused of biting opponent on soccer field. Full Story
Fluvanna Parent

Mcgaheysville, VA

#2 Jun 14, 2012
Maybe it's just me but it would appear that the authorities are putting the cart in front of the horse on this one. If there is a video of the game one would think the prudent thing to do would be to watch it before bringing charges and smearing this young athlete's good name all over the news. I also have to wonder why this was not brought up to the referee at the time of the offense or at least before the game was over. Personally I'm having a hard time with this one! Soccer is a contact sport whether or not it was intended to be these girls and boys play hard and fast and injuries are just part of the game. This sounds like something personal is afoot, no pun intended. If there is a video that exonerates Katrina Ditta then charges should be brought against the parents of the plaintiff for filing a false report. My Daughter doesn't play Soccer for Fluvanna but she does play Volleyball and I see her come home with injuries just from practice so unless there is some kind of bite mark forensics to back up this claim I would think this is a waste of the courts time and the tax payers money.
Amy

Charlottesville, VA

#3 Jun 14, 2012
Fluvanna Parent wrote:
Maybe it's just me but it would appear that the authorities are putting the cart in front of the horse on this one. If there is a video of the game one would think the prudent thing to do would be to watch it before bringing charges and smearing this young athlete's good name all over the news. I also have to wonder why this was not brought up to the referee at the time of the offense or at least before the game was over. Personally I'm having a hard time with this one! Soccer is a contact sport whether or not it was intended to be these girls and boys play hard and fast and injuries are just part of the game. This sounds like something personal is afoot, no pun intended. If there is a video that exonerates Katrina Ditta then charges should be brought against the parents of the plaintiff for filing a false report. My Daughter doesn't play Soccer for Fluvanna but she does play Volleyball and I see her come home with injuries just from practice so unless there is some kind of bite mark forensics to back up this claim I would think this is a waste of the courts time and the tax payers money.
Hi - in the original report, the police made it clear that they had nothing to do with these charges; rather, the alleged victim's parents went to the magistrate and pressed charges themselves. It seemed that the police wanted to distance themselves as far as possible from this mess. I agree, if the video exonerates the young athlete charged in this case, the alleged victim's parents should be charged with filing a false report. And I also agree with your comments about contact sports...my father and sister played college basketball; my brother played college football; I played softabll; my daughters played soccer...they are called contact sports for a reason. My brother was cleated playing high school baseball and had to get over 50 stitches in his leg...my sister's collarbone was broken during a game...I had both of my knees destroyed in a game....my dad's neck was fractured in a game...it is physically risky but so rewarding to play contact sports. A personal foul - which is what a bite would be - should be dealt with by the teams, not the court of law. Such a shame this has become such a circus. The adults involved should be ashamed of themselves.
Gus

United States

#6 Jun 14, 2012
So it is correct to say that the Athletic Departments of Fluvanna and Western are not involved with this?
Ben Franklin

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jun 14, 2012
Having videotaped a few high school soccer games in my day, I'd guess the tape will be inconclusive. The only way it could "exonerate" would be if it stuck on the defendant and never panned away from her from start to finish and proved there was no contact between the two players. That seems highly unlikely. I agree that the criminal justice system is not the best forum for this dispute. But it sounds like the referees didn't see it (not surprising) and the high school washed its hands of the problem.
Liberalace

Charlottesville, VA

#12 Jun 14, 2012
In a related story, Fluvanna school officials have gone back to the Board of Supervisors to ask for $600,000 in additional funding for the upcoming school year.
In the proposed budget, the line item read as:
"Purchase of muzzles for girls' soccer team:$600,000."

How in the world do muzzles cost so much?

R.I.P.: Edward Mulhare
Gomer

Earlysville, VA

#13 Jun 14, 2012
Gus wrote:
So it is correct to say that the Athletic Departments of Fluvanna and Western are not involved with this?
Gus,
It seems that because the Fluvanna student has graduated, they are not getting involved. The Western student is not only currently enrolled, but the daughter of an assistant principal who is in charge of the athletic director and the athletic department. He is in a position to strongly influence their involvement.
Gomer

Earlysville, VA

#15 Jun 14, 2012
Ben Franklin wrote:
Having videotaped a few high school soccer games in my day, I'd guess the tape will be inconclusive. The only way it could "exonerate" would be if it stuck on the defendant and never panned away from her from start to finish and proved there was no contact between the two players. That seems highly unlikely. I agree that the criminal justice system is not the best forum for this dispute. But it sounds like the referees didn't see it (not surprising) and the high school washed its hands of the problem.
Mr Franklin,
My understanding is that the alleged victim indicated that the alleged incident occurred on a corner kick. If that's true, then catching the "action" is far more likely. To your point, on a home video camera from a considerable distance, seeing a mouth-to-hand, arm, shoulder would be hard to prove inconclusively.
Concerned Parent

Crozet, VA

#16 Jun 14, 2012
Gomer wrote:
<quoted text>
Gus,
It seems that because the Fluvanna student has graduated, they are not getting involved. The Western student is not only currently enrolled, but the daughter of an assistant principal who is in charge of the athletic director and the athletic department. He is in a position to strongly influence their involvement.
Excellent point, which should make Alb County look at this from an employment standpoint! This Assist Principal likes to "throw his weight around" and needs to be put in his place! Perhaps the county should take into consideration all the disciplinary actions he was involved with while in an administrative position! Unfortunate situation for all the kids involved, but not surprising considering the source!
TEAM DOMECQ

Charlottesville, VA

#17 Jun 14, 2012
The entire Domecq family is shattered by this vicious, almost cannibalistic attack by one of the dirtiest players ever to come out of Fluvanna, and that is really saying something considering their history! It is entirely possible that the entire family may need a lifetime of expensive counseling.

It is hoped that by making an example of this out of control fiend that the entire game of soccer may be made safer for future generations.
Gomer

Earlysville, VA

#18 Jun 14, 2012
Scorch wrote:
Wonder why they are showing a picture of her backside?? Sure it looks nice but, really? I suppose somone will say "so you can see her number!" Just a thought.
Scorch,
Take your hands out of your pants, you perv!
Ted

Palmyra, VA

#19 Jun 14, 2012
TEAM DOMECQ wrote:
...It is entirely possible that the entire family may need a lifetime of expensive counseling...
My kids are much younger than these girls so I am unfamiliar with either of these families. From what I have read in the these forums and in other news archives, some dating back to the Newport News area in 1992, this family is need of a lifetime of counseling regardless.
The fact that there was no report of this during or immediately after the game is quite suspect. Just think for a moment of the mechanics that need to take place for one person to bite another on the arm... For it to go unnoticed with 25 people standing around you and several hundred people watching from the stands is very difficult to believe.
Hmmm

Charlottesville, VA

#20 Jun 14, 2012
From 1992: LEGAL PROBLEMS. Greg Domecq, a former part-time basketball assistant at Virginia, was arrested last week and charged with solicitation, the Charlotte Observer reported. Domecq, who was with the Cavaliers the past four years before becoming a full-time assistant at Winthrop, allegedly offered $40 to an undercover Charlotte police officer for sex. He was arrested Thursday. A Winthrop official said no action will be taken against Domecq until after the verdict.
David

Charlottesville, VA

#22 Jun 14, 2012
TEAM DOMECQ wrote:
The entire Domecq family is shattered by this vicious, almost cannibalistic attack by one of the dirtiest players ever to come out of Fluvanna, and that is really saying something considering their history! It is entirely possible that the entire family may need a lifetime of expensive counseling.
It is hoped that by making an example of this out of control fiend that the entire game of soccer may be made safer for future generations.
This is hilarious. I almost had to pick myself up off the floor.

There is a big difference between being on the path to the Olympics and being a wannabe. Guess which one your daughter is at the moment. I'll give you a hint.......she isn't the first one.

This really doesn't even have anything to do with the kids at this point. It is just an idiot family trying to exploit children and make a fuss because they "just missed it", it just so happens that they "just missed it" more then anyone I have ever seen.

You never had it, you never will have it, your a douchebag P.O.S. and as a "principal" I'm sure you are just as big or more of an egotistical asshole with other peoples kids as you are your own.

Rot in hell. Your a waste of human life and kids everywhere would be better without your worthless ass in this world. Self pumped pompass jackass.
Roscoe

Earlysville, VA

#23 Jun 14, 2012
Macy Parade Balloon wrote:
<quoted text>
The only one over inflated is Ditta's MOM!
Why is it that "Team Domecq" supporters only criticize the physical appearance of the Ditta family? Perhaps because their character is unimpeachable, unlike that of the Domecq clan!
Concerned parent

Charlottesville, VA

#24 Jun 28, 2012
TEAM DOMECQ wrote:
The entire Domecq family is shattered by this vicious, almost cannibalistic attack by one of the dirtiest players ever to come out of Fluvanna, and that is really saying something considering their history! It is entirely possible that the entire family may need a lifetime of expensive counseling.
It is hoped that by making an example of this out of control fiend that the entire game of soccer may be made safer for future generations.
Yes I agree that the Domecqs need counseling but not related to this incident. They have been needing this a long time ago, just look at the charges against him previously by looking him up in the Daily press in 1992
Disgusted Western parent

Charlottesville, VA

#25 Jun 28, 2012
How much more do we have to tolerate at the hands of this man? Police charges,divorcing his wife to marry a student, violation of student's rights related to illegal breathalizer testing, and now a charges against another student during a soccer game. Really how much more must we put up with? We need to stop the madness and dragging our school down with him.
inteligent person

Charlottesville, VA

#26 Jun 29, 2012
Liberalace wrote:
In a related story, Fluvanna school officials have gone back to the Board of Supervisors to ask for $600,000 in additional funding for the upcoming school year.
In the proposed budget, the line item read as:
"Purchase of muzzles for girls' soccer team:$600,000."
How in the world do muzzles cost so much?
R.I.P.: Edward Mulhare
Or about as much as a frontal lobotomy for you
socca parent

Charlottesville, VA

#27 Jun 29, 2012
My daughter played with this girl at Socca for several years, intense and hard player yes, personally attack and bite someone no! It is sad that this dad/ assistant principle has created this shameful situation and dragged a good soccer players name down to his level. Even worse to attempt to use the judicial system for his delusions of granduer.
Left the building

Charlottesville, VA

#28 Jul 2, 2012
It seems like team Domecq has left the forum since the temperature has risen. Wonder Why? I just hope that the judicial system is able to see through all the lies by this family and clear this young girls name. Just looking at all the past student abuse issues and problems makes me wonder why Western keeps this man on. This isn't the first and won't be the last.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charlottesville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Friends & Supporters of Jesse Matthew Start Leg... 12 hr William 7
Charlottsvillee police chief longo 13 hr William 1
LJ the Bear is gone now 14 hr up the road 1
I'm horny as hell Oct 10 Forever_Angel 1
Waynesboro Police Investigate Fishburne Militar... (Oct '12) Oct 8 Ringer 26
Missing UVA Student Oct 6 WingMan 15
Voices: Hannah Graham. It could have been us. Oct 2 William 2
Charlottesville Dating
Find my Match

Charlottesville Jobs

Charlottesville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charlottesville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charlottesville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]