Guilty Plea In Sniper Slayings

Jul 30, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Wheeling News

A Charleston man pleaded guilty Monday to second-degree murder in one of three sniper-style slayings that rattled Kanawha County in 2003.

Comments
1 - 3 of 3 Comments Last updated Jul 31, 2012
disgruntled county worker

Nitro, WV

#1 Jul 31, 2012
Most people who work for the county knew that something like this would happen. I mean, after all, after the monies were spent on security for the judges parking, and all the money spent for the sniper trial, makes it a little hard to swallow. We have went 5 years without a raise, but yet, the county has all this money to blow. My only hope is that one day, the commissioners and a few select judges, have to learn to live with less money. When it comes to eating or paying your electric bill, what does one do? Of course you try to pay your bills, and do without everything else. Kudos to all those in power, hope one day you also have to suffer. And to all those who come after us when the employees with the knowledge leave, good luck, cause you are certainly kneed it.
smoker

Charleston, WV

#2 Jul 31, 2012
i agree, seems like a great amount of money was spent to get results of this act,and still in my opinion,justice was not served.two families are left in the dark,with no closure.but then again, judge bloom dont have to walk very far to get to his courtroom. heres an idea,hire a shuttle to get them from the parking building to the courtroom. makes about as much sense.and another thing,maybe the marshall that was told to leave it alone 9 years ago,should run for public office,sherriff maybe?this could have been taken care of years ago, just my opinion.
WV Gal

Charleston, WV

#3 Jul 31, 2012
disgruntled county worker wrote:
Most people who work for the county knew that something like this would happen. I mean, after all, after the monies were spent on security for the judges parking, and all the money spent for the sniper trial, makes it a little hard to swallow. We have went 5 years without a raise, but yet, the county has all this money to blow. My only hope is that one day, the commissioners and a few select judges, have to learn to live with less money. When it comes to eating or paying your electric bill, what does one do? Of course you try to pay your bills, and do without everything else. Kudos to all those in power, hope one day you also have to suffer. And to all those who come after us when the employees with the knowledge leave, good luck, cause you are certainly kneed it.
The Legislature voted to give each of the commissioners a $10,000 pay raise - which will now be $30,000 per year. Plus, as you know, these commissioners are allowed to work in their regular high paying jobs. The working class doesn't stand a chance. We are reamed..........

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Message for all religious hatermongers 3 min adam-eve 14
Sister and Brother Intimacy 21 min IamthatIam 5
Anonymous Drug Tips 22 min the big bad wolfie 116
4 workers accused of stealing from Kanawha school 23 min the big bad wolfie 4
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 32 min Another Damn Liberal 57,079
Suspect photo, ID released 35 min What Ev 5
White girls that bang black guys (Feb '14) 36 min What Ev 50
•••
•••
•••

Charleston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE