Select Hospital in Charleston

Posted in the Charleston Forum

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
New Nothing

Charleston, WV

#1 Jun 7, 2012
Anybody know about this place? I read they have problems. Treat their patients like money makers and their employees bad?
Willed

Charleston, WV

#2 Jun 7, 2012
New Nothing wrote:
Anybody know about this place? I read they have problems. Treat their patients like money makers and their employees bad?
My mom was there in Dec and I loved them.
ScUm

Charleston, WV

#3 Jun 7, 2012
New Nothing wrote:
Anybody know about this place? I read they have problems. Treat their patients like money makers and their employees bad?
They are bad. My cousin worked there and said they all were treated bad. She now works somewhere else and wouldn't let her dog go there. Said it was sad how no-one cared about the workers who was trying to do a good job. Patients were not cared about and if you complained you got canned.
New Nothing

Charleston, WV

#4 Jun 7, 2012
Willed wrote:
<quoted text>My mom was there in Dec and I loved them.
They want to send my dad there.
Sandy

Charleston, WV

#5 Jun 7, 2012
New Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>They want to send my dad there.
Cornerstone in Huntington is the best! Great nurses and great care. Call them.
queers

Charleston, WV

#6 Jun 7, 2012
The head guy is a real "cream puff" he only likes his kind.
Don't

New York, NY

#7 Jun 7, 2012
New Nothing wrote:
<quoted text>They want to send my dad there.
Don't do it!!! Bad place and poor care
i have no name

New York, NY

#8 Jun 7, 2012
[QUOTE who="Don't"]<quot ed text>Don't do it!!! Bad place and poor care[/QUOTE]
I've never heard of this hospital. What and where is it?
Dude

New York, NY

#9 Jun 7, 2012
i have no name wrote:
[QUOTE who="Don't"]<quot ed text>Don't do it!!! Bad place and poor care"

I've never heard of this hospital. What and where is it?
It is a long term hospital. It's in Charleston at Saint Francis.
A place to die

New York, NY

#10 Jun 7, 2012
I use to work there and the man running the place is a douchebag. All about money and cares nothing for the hard working nurses or patients. He cheats on his wife with one of the head people at Saint Francis. Steer clear of this place.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#11 Jun 7, 2012
I always go to Thomas Memorial for anything that I needed I have never been treated badly or wrongly later
Trust Me

Charleston, WV

#12 Jun 7, 2012
Don't go to Select. Will spare you details, but we made the mistake of letting them move a loved one there and wish every day we had not. Once the Medicare ran out, our loved one magically was "fine" and was immediately shipped to an "after care" facility in Ohio. The case workers are the ones to really watch out for. They tell you that they won't put you out on the street and that money is not what is important, but the minute they think you do not have ample insurance, you are gone. As a side note- one of the case workers is so ignorant that she did have on her outgoing voicemail a message that said, "Hello, you have wretched......" she can't even use correct grammar.

Then the head tool that calls himself a doctor walks around in a Hawaiian shirt thinks of himself as a cross between Jimmy Buffett and Hawkeye Pierce. He pushes every procedure he can in order to get as much of the insurance money he can and then when he can get no more out of insurance, he suggests that maybe you should just let your loved one "pass on." Funny, yesterday, when insurance would pay for a procedure, you wanted us to do the procedure because without it, my loved one was certain to die, but today, when Medicare won't pay, the procedure isn't necessary and we should just let nature take its course. He is a a complete and total waste of a human space. One of these days I hope he is sick and has to deal with a doctor that cares as little about him as he does about his patients.

Right before we left they were actually charging daily for putting sheets on the bed. I had to ask for a sheet and a charge showed up for $2 a day for it. Ridiculous.

I would not wish this place (the doctors) on my worst enemy. Both the nurses and aides work hard and do everything that they can for you and the patients and I hate it for them that their boss (Hawkeye Buffett) is as another poster put it "a total douchebag." Allowing our loved one to be moved to Select is the single biggest mistake of our lives and we truly believe that this decision ultimately led to the end of our loved one's life. I beg you not to let anyone you care about to go there.
Mingo mama

Logan, WV

#13 Jun 7, 2012
Do not send your loved one there unless you want them to die. Trust me I have a daily regret that my Daddy was there and when he died, I was shocked at the bedsores on his back. Your loved one would receive better car from a veterinarian, than you would at Select.
trust none

Charleston, WV

#14 Jun 8, 2012
This place is a joke. The doctor cares for nothing and no one and the head guy is the same. The head guy sleeps with his case managers and he allows them to do anything. He smiles when you complain. They kil people there. I'd think they need to get rid of Mr Webber and his pet monkeys. Clean house is what that place needs. Mr. Webber is a big "douchbag" as another poster put it. Go somewhere else.
Nothing good happens there. The doctors are jokes. The head guy is scum and should be spit on.
Frank Weber-Select

Charleston, WV

#15 Jun 8, 2012
He has been sleeping with my wife. He is total scum.
BigBoy

Charleston, WV

#16 Jun 8, 2012
Frank Weber-Select wrote:
He has been sleeping with my wife. He is total scum.
I got what your wife needs. 12 inches!
Yes to Select

Charleston, WV

#17 Jun 8, 2012
New Nothing wrote:
Anybody know about this place? I read they have problems. Treat their patients like money makers and their employees bad?
A great place, but dirty and the doctor is wild in dress. They all will treat your dad good. They treated my loved one with compassion.
New Nothing

Charleston, WV

#18 Jun 8, 2012
Trust Me wrote:
Don't go to Select. Will spare you details, but we made the mistake of letting them move a loved one there and wish every day we had not. Once the Medicare ran out, our loved one magically was "fine" and was immediately shipped to an "after care" facility in Ohio. The case workers are the ones to really watch out for. They tell you that they won't put you out on the street and that money is not what is important, but the minute they think you do not have ample insurance, you are gone. As a side note- one of the case workers is so ignorant that she did have on her outgoing voicemail a message that said, "Hello, you have wretched......" she can't even use correct grammar.

Then the head tool that calls himself a doctor walks around in a Hawaiian shirt thinks of himself as a cross between Jimmy Buffett and Hawkeye Pierce. He pushes every procedure he can in order to get as much of the insurance money he can and then when he can get no more out of insurance, he suggests that maybe you should just let your loved one "pass on." Funny, yesterday, when insurance would pay for a procedure, you wanted us to do the procedure because without it, my loved one was certain to die, but today, when Medicare won't pay, the procedure isn't necessary and we should just let nature take its course. He is a a complete and total waste of a human space. One of these days I hope he is sick and has to deal with a doctor that cares as little about him as he does about his patients.

Right before we left they were actually charging daily for putting sheets on the bed. I had to ask for a sheet and a charge showed up for $2 a day for it. Ridiculous.

I would not wish this place (the doctors) on my worst enemy. Both the nurses and aides work hard and do everything that they can for you and the patients and I hate it for them that their boss (Hawkeye Buffett) is as another poster put it "a total douchebag." Allowing our loved one to be moved to Select is the single biggest mistake of our lives and we truly believe that this decision ultimately led to the end of our loved one's life. I beg you not to let anyone you care about to go there.
Why did they send them to Ohio? We want Dad in Charleston so I can visit. I work in the mines and can't drive to Ohio.
Jaspertwo

Charleston, WV

#19 Jun 8, 2012
Do not ever ever put a loved one in Select Hospital.You are likely to have a horrible experience.
Trust Me

Charleston, WV

#20 Jun 8, 2012
Our loved one was eventually put on a respirator. When they kicked us out of Select, the only "after care" facilities that will take patients on respirators are in Ohio and Virginia. Select pushes one particular facility in Ohio and pushes is hard. They say that they do not have any sort of relationship with this place, but they had a representative from there come and visit us and even had us scheduled to be sent there without even talking to us first. We eventually chose a different facility and it was mainly because the case worker just pushed for this place so hard. If there is not a respirator, you would not need to be sent to Ohio, we just had that obstacle and no choice.

On that note. We tried desperately to get our loved one weaned from the respirator and there were a couple of the respiratory therapists that were wondeful. There was one- female- short hair. If I could remember her name, I would call her by name, that if I see her out somewhere, I swear she and I will have a come to Jesus meeting. She was the most God-awful excuse for a human being. We actually got into a shouting match in the hospital because of her terrible attitude. She should not be allowed to take care of plants, let alone people. So, in my opinion, Select failed to really try to get our loved one off of the respirator and put us in the situation that we were in.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need dog groomer. Just moved to area 3 min dog lover 4
WV Who do you support for U.S. Senate in West Virg... (Oct '10) 7 min fitness-guru 58,842
Golden Coral restaurant 7 min Seymour 12
So Trivillians was a pill mill afterall 25 min sheesh 39
Hmm 33 min jean dixon 2
Jon canterbury of South Charleston 34 min get a real life 13
couple in city park 1 hr curious 1
Boom's First Impression 5 hr Wat 45

Charleston Jobs

Charleston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Charleston News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Charleston

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]