Comments
1 - 20 of 43 Comments Last updated May 3, 2014
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Railroaded parent

Saint Albans, WV

#1 Aug 16, 2013
Is there anyone else that has Judge Montgomery as a family court judge? He is letting my EX get his way every time we go to court. I don't know if my ex has ties in with him or what the deal is. Id like to change judges but I hear its really hard to do. What happen to the custodial parent having rights? I feel like I have none and something needs to be done but I cant afford a lawyer and legal aid said to come in five days before a court date and they will tell me then if they can help. My ex is just being a bully because hes stuck with the girl he knocked up and that Ive happily moved on. He files papers for everything including the judges wording in the final order and the judge just set there and took it. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
Been there

Charleston, WV

#2 Aug 16, 2013
I think it's the same Montgomery I had but he was really good in my case, he let me have a year dvp against him and I never had any problems
Concerned

Bluffton, SC

#3 Nov 11, 2013
Railroaded parent wrote:
Is there anyone else that has Judge Montgomery as a family court judge? He is letting my EX get his way every time we go to court. I don't know if my ex has ties in with him or what the deal is. Id like to change judges but I hear its really hard to do. What happen to the custodial parent having rights? I feel like I have none and something needs to be done but I cant afford a lawyer and legal aid said to come in five days before a court date and they will tell me then if they can help. My ex is just being a bully because hes stuck with the girl he knocked up and that Ive happily moved on. He files papers for everything including the judges wording in the final order and the judge just set there and took it. If anyone has any advice it would be greatly appreciated!
I am currently going thru a simular situation and I have him as a Judge. From my dealing with him he does not like women. I have been railroaded too many times to count. All I want is for him to grant my childs wishes and realize my ex is only thinking of himself. If I could get a new Judge I would. From what I understand he is going through a nasty divorce too so that makes it even worse on women going in front of him.
pupil8justice

Dunbar, WV

#4 Nov 24, 2013
file a complaint with the judicial investigation commission. assert your rights to have a fair and impartial jurist.
1 post removed

Since: Jun 13

Location hidden

#6 Jan 7, 2014
I had him and off and on for 12years. I believe he HATES women as well... I have some crazy stories that he let my X by with... UUUGGG
MAD

Charleston, WV

#7 Feb 7, 2014
I was in a cruelly abusive marriage for almost ten years. After the divorce was final, while I was enrolled in a registered nursing program, my angry ex husband began lashing out at me. I did not think things could get any worse then I met Judge Montgomery.

Judge Montgomery only listened to him. The ex told the judge that I had abused and abandoned my children and he believed him! I was shocked when I was scolded by Montgomery and treated like a worthless mother.

I told Montgomery REPEATEDLY that my ex husband was abusive and only saying these things in order to alienate my children from me. My opinion did not matter, not once, not even by accident.

Judge Montgomery NEVER questioned my ex husband about why he had NEVER reported me for child abuse during the marriage if I was such an abusive mother! And why was he reporting child abuse to the court and child protective services all in one week time period (because he was angry at me for moving on with my life).

My ex husband was even allowed to relocate my children across the country, to continue alienating them from me, "without my permission" and there was NOTHING that I could do about it!

Judge Montgomery would not allow me to relocate my children a few miles without " the ex husband's permission".

Judge Montgomery will not allow me to change venue either "without the ex husband's permission" (so that I can have a fair and impartial judge). Of course my ex husband will not allow the venue to be changed because Judge Montgomery does everything he says!

Montgomery is biased against women and children and this INJUSTICE has ruined our lives. I could not complete the RN degree due to the serious emotional distress caused by these circumstances ( and Judge Montgomery was fully aware that I was enrolled in a rigorous nursing program). Now I am broke and cannot afford things for my children. Oh well, right Montgomery???

If Judge Montgomery cannot be fair to mothers and children -- > he doesn't need to be a Family Court judge!
MAD

Charleston, WV

#8 Feb 8, 2014
pupil8justice wrote:
file a complaint with the judicial investigation commission. assert your rights to have a fair and impartial jurist.
Believe me it would not help. Judges and lawyers get a slap on the wrist if anything happens to them at all.

I have had three lawyers tell me to get away from Judge Montgomery (one was my lawyer who got to see that he was biased against me firsthand).
I agree

Charleston, WV

#9 Feb 12, 2014
I have judge Montgomery and he told me my sons father only had to pay 50 dollars a month because I made more than him. He also did not care that my son then five was scared to go to his house because he was being beat and abused. I told the judge this and he still made my son go with this low life. He also let him file a false dvp on me and it caused me to have to quit school also but I went and proved this man was lying and my court appointed lawyer from legal aid got this straight. Judge Montgomery hates women and is all for the fathers no matter what. He needs to be removed asap. who keeps putting this pinhead in as a family court judge. I love judge Kelly he will tell the dad you cant afford that payment get two or three jobs. I hate Montgomery and Karma is a bitch his day is coming or it may already be here.
Jimmy

Stafford, VA

#10 Feb 12, 2014
I've had him as a judge for my kid for 11 years. When she was 2 years old I went and asked the court for paternity test. He refused to give me one. Since we was going they divorce when the kid was born. She automatically put my name on birth certificate. Now 9 years later I had a DNA test on my own. Which the court won't recognize , and she isn't mine by blood. And still yet , he forces me to pay child support. And yes I have a lawyer. And he still won't budge. I need answers. On what I need to do.
wow really

Charleston, WV

#11 Feb 12, 2014
people need to go to the complaint board and if he gets enough complaints maybe he can get put out of there.
arguenda

Monongahela, PA

#12 Feb 12, 2014
Jimmy unfortunately that is the statute in WV ... Born of marriage typically won't get DNA. And there are chain of custody issues with outside tests. You are stuck. your lawyer should know this.
truth

Charleston, WV

#13 Feb 12, 2014
He only favors women when the other party is African American.
He believed everything this woman had to say and nothing the man (african american) had to say ... she got her way and now there is a child who doesn't know he has a father who truly loves him and wanted to be in his life.
I agree

Charleston, WV

#14 Feb 12, 2014
I am african american and I sure as hell didnt get my way. so truth that is far from the truth
Melissa

Fulton, IN

#15 Feb 12, 2014
I have him too and I have to agree he does not like women! I have also heard he is going through a divorce himself and gives all rights to men. He is terrbible. My ex is an abusive drug who could never keep a job, but Judge Montgomery listens to all of his lies.
1 post removed
angel

United States

#17 Mar 12, 2014
MAD wrote:
I was in a cruelly abusive marriage for almost ten years. After the divorce was final, while I was enrolled in a registered nursing program, my angry ex husband began lashing out at me. I did not think things could get any worse then I met Judge Montgomery.
Judge Montgomery only listened to him. The ex told the judge that I had abused and abandoned my children and he believed him! I was shocked when I was scolded by Montgomery and treated like a worthless mother.
I told Montgomery REPEATEDLY that my ex husband was abusive and only saying these things in order to alienate my children from me. My opinion did not matter, not once, not even by accident.
Judge Montgomery NEVER questioned my ex husband about why he had NEVER reported me for child abuse during the marriage if I was such an abusive mother! And why was he reporting child abuse to the court and child protective services all in one week time period (because he was angry at me for moving on with my life).
My ex husband was even allowed to relocate my children across the country, to continue alienating them from me, "without my permission" and there was NOTHING that I could do about it!
Judge Montgomery would not allow me to relocate my children a few miles without " the ex husband's permission".
Judge Montgomery will not allow me to change venue either "without the ex husband's permission" (so that I can have a fair and impartial judge). Of course my ex husband will not allow the venue to be changed because Judge Montgomery does everything he says!
Montgomery is biased against women and children and this INJUSTICE has ruined our lives. I could not complete the RN degree due to the serious emotional distress caused by these circumstances ( and Judge Montgomery was fully aware that I was enrolled in a rigorous nursing program). Now I am broke and cannot afford things for my children. Oh well, right Montgomery???
If Judge Montgomery cannot be fair to mothers and children -- > he doesn't need to be a Family Court judge!
Judge Montgomery us the most fair Judge that kanawha county has, Fathers have rights too and its not all about what a Mother wants, When are women going to realize that.
MAD

Mount Lookout, WV

#18 Mar 19, 2014
angel wrote:
<quoted text> Judge Montgomery us the most fair Judge that kanawha county has, Fathers have rights too and its not all about what a Mother wants, When are women going to realize that.
Did you not read the other complaints??? Judge Montgomery HATES women, and that is NOT fair. Fathers should have rights, but so should mothers and children. My ex was allowed to continue abusing me in the courtroom and that is wrong. I told Montgomery that it was a smear campaign, and litigation abuse, but it did not matter. My children were ripped out of my arms, and I could not see or speak to them for years because he was allowed to relocate them to another state without my permission. My children did not want to be taken away from me, and I couldn't sleep or eat because I was so distressed. I could not complete nursing school because I was so upset, and it went on for years because Montgomery consistently ruled in favor of my ex-husband. How is that fair?
Lola

United States

#19 Apr 10, 2014
I do have to say, my experience had been quite different than everyone else's here. I too, have Judge Montgomery. He's been nothing but amazing to my case. I am the custodial parent and at each hearing he really doesn't need my input at all. He looks at the facts presented by BCSE and asks the non-custodial father to explain himself. Then he verbally rips him a new butthole for being a, deadbeat completely disregards any nonrelevant excuses he comes up with, and gives him deadlines to comply or have a capias warrant out for his arrest. Works everytime, like magic. He gets a job within days and stats paying regularly for awhile.
Disgusted

Stafford, VA

#20 Apr 10, 2014
I wish both men and women learned what birth control was. Quit making babies cause your too lazy to take care of yourselves. No one wants to hear how bad the other parent was. Wasn't too bad for you to have sex with and make children together. Learn to work things out and stop embarrassing yourselves and the poor children.
Ice Man

Charleston, WV

#21 Apr 10, 2014
Railroaded parent wrote:
If you believe you haave not or are not getting a fair hearing, then call the WV Supreme Court and file a complaint on the judge. All judges has to go by the law - no exception.
yep

Chicago, IL

#22 Apr 17, 2014
Judge Montgomery is the best Judge kanawha county has.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Charleston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Where's Bobby Dale gonna get drunk at now? (Aug '13) 16 min Jeanie 6
camc memorial 19 min terri 7
Child Neglect on Sugar Crk 21 min wilbur 14
myrtle beach 44 min Better Decision 92
Bobby Dale Earnhardt DUI (Aug '13) 1 hr concerned family ... 75
Attorney Matthew Victor 1 hr Peace 7
tammy allen 2 hr coworker 2
White girls that bang black guys (Feb '14) 5 hr Hunter 65
•••
•••