Delta puts 80-year-old on wrong flight

Feb 23, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CNN

Security measures and airline agents didn't prevent an 80-year-old woman from boarding the wrong plane.

Comments
1 - 16 of 16 Comments Last updated May 28, 2012
excalibur

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Was that 80 year old one of their own flight attendants?
Money Maker

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Ok but was the woman blind and deaf as well? Why didnt she look at her boarding pass or look at the destination marked at the gate or why didnt she say something when they make the welcome aboard this is flight blah blah to Charlotte? I love how everyone always tries to blame the airline for their own shortfalls. I always look at my boarding pass to make sure the information is accurate as well as read the gate information and actually listen to the flight crew during announcements.

Since: Jan 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

You are also not 80 years old and possibly easily confused. There is a reason that some elderly people get assistance finding and boarding flights. Ahhh the arrogance of youth!
Sassy Sally

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Money Maker wrote:
Ok but was the woman blind and deaf as well? Why didnt she look at her boarding pass or look at the destination marked at the gate or why didnt she say something when they make the welcome aboard this is flight blah blah to Charlotte? I love how everyone always tries to blame the airline for their own shortfalls. I always look at my boarding pass to make sure the information is accurate as well as read the gate information and actually listen to the flight crew during announcements.
Obviously she was confused as we all probably will be at 80.
Sassy Sally

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Chucksc wrote:
You are also not 80 years old and possibly easily confused. There is a reason that some elderly people get assistance finding and boarding flights. Ahhh the arrogance of youth!
I agree and we should helpful to the elderly.
Money Maker

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Chucksc wrote:
You are also not 80 years old and possibly easily confused. There is a reason that some elderly people get assistance finding and boarding flights. Ahhh the arrogance of youth!
Well not to sound mean, but if she easily gets confused then she should not be traveling alone or whoever dropped her off at the airport should have requested to accompany her to her flight. People can do that by gettting a special pass that allows them to go through security.
Beef Stew

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 24, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

How was this poor woman ALLOWED to board the wrong flight? People go to the wrong gates all the time.

Since: Jan 10

Gainesville, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 25, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

IIRC she was in a wheel chair and the airline put her on the wrong flight?
ex-hp

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Mar 4, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

well just goes to show that the TSA is obviously not doing their job either. Are they NOT supposed to check IDs to match the name on the boarding pass. They so easily want to fine the airlines but who will take accountability for this? Gotta love it. What a frikin joke.
Sassy Sally

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

ex-hp wrote:
well just goes to show that the TSA is obviously not doing their job either. Are they NOT supposed to check IDs to match the name on the boarding pass. They so easily want to fine the airlines but who will take accountability for this? Gotta love it. What a frikin joke.
What does TSA have to do with an elderly woman getting on the wrong flight? Knock...knock...puddinghead they only match the id and ticket at security check points.
ex-hp

Saint Paul, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Sassy Sally wrote:
<quoted text>What does TSA have to do with an elderly woman getting on the wrong flight? Knock...knock...puddinghead they only match the id and ticket at security check points.
KNOCK KNOCK..isn't security checkpoints run by the TSA? Duh.
Money Maker

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

ex-hp wrote:
<quoted text>KNOCK KNOCK..isn't security checkpoints run by the TSA? Duh.
Whos there?

The TSA does do security checkpoints but would have nothing to do with the woman getting on the wrong flight. All they do is check to make sure ID and Ticket match. Then they allow you past the checkpoint where all the gates are. They would have just matched her ID and ticket and let her on her way.
Virginia

Glen Allen, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Mar 5, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Money Maker wrote:
Ok but was the woman blind and deaf as well? Why didnt she look at her boarding pass or look at the destination marked at the gate or why didnt she say something when they make the welcome aboard this is flight blah blah to Charlotte? I love how everyone always tries to blame the airline for their own shortfalls. I always look at my boarding pass to make sure the information is accurate as well as read the gate information and actually listen to the flight crew during announcements.
You need to learn more about the elderly before you post. I cannot wait to see you when you are 80 and do not know what planet you are living on
true

Crownsville, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Mar 8, 2011
 
Sassy Sally wrote:
<quoted text>Obviously she was confused as we all probably will be at 80.
So true
Money Maker

Pinellas Park, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Mar 8, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

Virginia wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to learn more about the elderly before you post. I cannot wait to see you when you are 80 and do not know what planet you are living on
I believe when I am 80 my family will take care of me and not just drop me at the airport to fend for myself. I would also say something while sitting on the plane when i heard the announcement of where the flight was going to...you know the one where they say....welcome aboard flt 123 with service to xyz. I deal with a parent who is in their 70s so I dont need to learn anything. And it seems sad that you dont know that your on the planet EARTH you know the 3rd planet from the sun...umm you learn that in the 3rd grade i believe and if you are already confused as to what planet you are on then i would definitely not attempt to travel what so ever if i were you!

Since: Jul 10

Minneapolis, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 28, 2012
 

Judged:

1

lets look at it.
.
1. wheelchair bound. Delta got slapped with lawsuits about their treatment of disableds. including ignoring the wheelchair bound ones.
2. the gal was visiting family. and she was from Ethiopia. so has troubles understanding English
.
http://news.travel.aol.com/2011/02/23/delta-p...
.
it was not only Delta's fault but also TSA's for not noticing that the name of the lady did NOT match the name on the ticket.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Chantilly Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Chantilly People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Chantilly News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Chantilly
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••