I-81 reopened after crash at Chambersburg

Full story: Public Opinion

A tractor trailer jack-knifed around 6 a.m. today near Exit 14 on Interstate 81 and closed the northbound local traffic lane for three hours.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Dean in Chambersburg

Biglerville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

5

3

3

Another dumb-ass behind the wheel of a twenty thousand pound bullet on the highway. Every time there's a crash on I-81, you can bet dollars to donuts that a truck is involved somehow.
what

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

6

1

1

At 20,000 pounds it must have been a small truck, the full size semi-trucks run about 80,000. Those people that have no clue or courtesy pull out in front of them all the time driving the three to five thousand pound vehicles and usually regret doing it afterwards. Who is the dumb one?
Agent 0

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

3

1

Dean in Chambersburg wrote:
Another dumb-**** behind the wheel of a twenty thousand pound bullet on the highway. Every time there's a crash on I-81, you can bet dollars to donuts that a truck is involved somehow.
Just remember that dumb-**** is a father,husband and a decent person trying to make a living. Also what did you use or eat today. A truck driver hauled it. And no am not a truck driver. What's that saying, alligator mouth overpowering a canary brain. It suits you well.
Big PR

Harrisburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

6

4

3

Yeah??? Well trucking companies hire any old dork these days anyway. Theya re in such dire need. Heck trucking companies coddle these new hires all thru school. It probably had something to do with a cell phone somehow or another. Anyone who is nuts about cellphones must be eradicated!
Agent 0 wrote:
<quoted text> Just remember that dumb-**** is a father,husband and a decent person trying to make a living. Also what did you use or eat today. A truck driver hauled it. And no am not a truck driver. What's that saying, alligator mouth overpowering a canary brain. It suits you well.
LIL JOHN 33and a third

Mercersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jan 18, 2010
 
what wrote:
At 20,000 pounds it must have been a small truck, the full size semi-trucks run about 80,000. Those people that have no clue or courtesy pull out in front of them all the time driving the three to five thousand pound vehicles and usually regret doing it afterwards. Who is the dumb one?
Come on they have more brakes than a car does!! wink!!!
EMT

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jan 18, 2010
 
im pretty sure it wasnt 6am on this call, it was about 130 am. and he just went off into the mud. believe me i went on this call. unless there was a second one not to my knowledge at 6am although my pager would have gone off and i would have been awaken to this it was at 130 am.

Since: Sep 09

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jan 18, 2010
 
Dean in Chambersburg wrote:
Another dumb-**** behind the wheel of a twenty thousand pound bullet on the highway. Every time there's a crash on I-81, you can bet dollars to donuts that a truck is involved somehow.
Why do you just assume it was the truckers fault? I use to drive big rigs and the four wheelers are usually the ones that slam brakes or cut in front of a 80,000 lb rig. It can't stop on a dime. I would thik it mightbe possible that the construction there contributed to this. i wonder what the details of the crash will be. When you consider how many truck miles pass through Chambersburg everyday the rate of crashes seems to be pretty low.

Since: Sep 09

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jan 18, 2010
 

Judged:

1

1

Dean in Chambersburg wrote:
Another dumb-**** behind the wheel of a twenty thousand pound bullet on the highway. Every time there's a crash on I-81, you can bet dollars to donuts that a truck is involved somehow.
Oh and BTW --- 20,000 lbs is just about the weight on one axle of a big rig. You probably drive a Prius which isn't even a real car anyway. what does it weigh maybe 1500 lbs. Think about that the next time you cut a big rig off.

Since: Sep 09

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jan 18, 2010
 
Big PR wrote:
Yeah??? Well trucking companies hire any old dork these days anyway. Theya re in such dire need. Heck trucking companies coddle these new hires all thru school. It probably had something to do with a cell phone somehow or another. Anyone who is nuts about cellphones must be eradicated!<quoted text>
Why don't you try to get your CDL? It's not as easy as you think. Oh yeah thenyou would have to pass your drug test and.....
fdjjdjj

Chandigarh, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jan 18, 2010
 
thet dshios sksss
s
poorboy

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jan 19, 2010
 
this is for mr. what from Drexel hill pa you should move back there, i'am a truck driver- for 28 years,I been to drex-hill it's a sh-- hole town out sise of philly. and for dean of ship, the reason we can't get around each other is because our trucks ar cut back that we can't do over 66-67 mph so cry babies like you can be safe on your""" hi-way. you two gentelmen need to ride in a eighteen wheeler to see how many times they are cut off by people like you.
S S Fort Loudon

Saint Thomas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jan 19, 2010
 
Dean in Chamb.
Sound to me that you might be one of those dumb asses, that always pull out in front of people, does'nt matter if its a car or a truck. People like you should NOT be allowed on the roads!!
S S Fort Loudon

Saint Thomas, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jan 19, 2010
 
Dean in Chambersburg wrote:
Another dumb-**** behind the wheel of a twenty thousand pound bullet on the highway. Every time there's a crash on I-81, you can bet dollars to donuts that a truck is involved somehow.
I think your the DUMB A** here
Bored

Greencastle, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jan 19, 2010
 
Most truckers suck. Especially the double FedEx ones. They use their size and weight as muscle on the highway which is anything but safe. I exhibit just a little tolerance and patiance. Don't pace, pass others or pull right, use indicators, most of all be cool and keep a safe distance.
I will agree that many cars are just as bad. Seems people do 100 on the highway and 70 on side streets anymore. I can't seem to drive half a mile without some bozo tailgating and I speed just about all the time. How fast do things need to move?
Conclusion: You are all Dumb-****ers. Without a doubt.
go figure

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jan 19, 2010
 
poorboy wrote:
this is for mr. what from Drexel hill pa you should move back there, i'am a truck driver- for 28 years,I been to drex-hill it's a sh-- hole town out sise of philly. and for dean of ship, the reason we can't get around each other is because our trucks ar cut back that we can't do over 66-67 mph so cry babies like you can be safe on your""" hi-way. you two gentelmen need to ride in a eighteen wheeler to see how many times they are cut off by people like you.
"66-67 mph" is speeding Mr.Professional CDL trucker. By the way, this accident was in a 55 mph zone. Well marked, single lane so no Prius was able to cut off the dumb frick trucker. He was probably texting, eating, napping or popping his next batch of speed.

By the way, the law in PA states "Slower traffic move right. Left lane is for passing, not loafing. If your truck cannot go faster than "66-67 mph" stay in the right lane where you belong Mr. Professional.
what

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jan 21, 2010
 
Poorboy ,just for your information ,I too am a CDL Class A truck driver .
what

Chambersburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jan 21, 2010
 
I also live in Chambersburg.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 17 of17
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Chambersburg Discussions

Search the Chambersburg Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Police: Theft at Weis Markets in Gettysburg cou... 6 hr Steve Gratman 1
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 15 hr Independent Voter 3,557
Word Game _ Change A Letter (Jun '11) 18 hr Dream Crystal 315
Words Within Words (Jun '11) 18 hr Dream Crystal 280
Keep A Word Drop A Word (Jun '11) 18 hr Dream Crystal 360
Song Game (Jun '11) 18 hr Dream Crystal 311
Best Dining In Chambersburg, Part three (Jan '12) Apr 21 becky boo hoo 1,062
•••
•••
•••
•••

Chambersburg Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Chambersburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••