onewhoknows

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 4, 2011

Officer Billy Fields killed Freida Waddell back in the day...
think again

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

hard nose wrote:
<quoted text> i think when curtis got out the money was split then'

If you're talking about Ronnie Lee Curtis, he is still behind bars in Lagrange. Check the KOOL website. Life w/o parole.
hard nose

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

onewhoknows wrote:
Officer Billy Fields killed Freida Waddell back in the day...
field's is a well known killer.i think he did this too.
hard nose

Central City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

think again wrote:
<quoted text>
If you're talking about Ronnie Lee Curtis, he is still behind bars in Lagrange. Check the KOOL website. Life w/o parole.
i'am sorry i thought this killer was out'like a few more i heard about.i've seen some only get around 10 year's for the crime'they should all life w\o parole foe murder you know..
Wondering

Hopkinsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

I moved here in the early 70s and I seem to remember a guy (Gregory?) found dead in the old IGA parking lot in Greenville. Case was never solved.
true

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

Judged:

Wondering wrote:
I moved here in the early 70s and I seem to remember a guy (Gregory?) found dead in the old IGA parking lot in Greenville. Case was never solved.
Your correct, that case was never solved. Now we have 2 missing people, Cisco Duncan and Scottie Bryant. Bet they never get solved either.
Tony H

Greenville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2011

think again wrote:
<quoted text>If you're talking about Ronnie Lee Curtis, he is still behind bars in Lagrange. Check the KOOL website. Life w/o parole.
I miss Ronnie, we pulled some good licks!
think again

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

hard nose wrote:
<quoted text> i'am sorry i thought this killer was out'like a few more i heard about.i've seen some only get around 10 year's for the crime'they should all life w\o parole foe murder you know..
Ronnie Lee has filed a lot of appeals in the last several years. The info was on the internet. You could read actual court transcripts. I am not sure the info is still on there. The events leading up to his arrest were interesting since it seemed to be a clerical error that may have been the reason he was brought back to KY to stand trial.

I agree with your first statement that he didn't act alone. It was a bit unnerving that he was referred to as a local business man in earlier news stories. Some of those news articles are still on the internet, too. Jack Patrick and Ronnie Lee had met in prison which is how they came to do business together. The death penalty was being challenged during his sentencing which may account for the discrepencies in amount of time behind bars. The time period from when he was sentenced fell into the time period where they were doing away with execution...so instead of death he was offered life w/o parole. At least that was what I was what I was told.

The AG's office still talks about the case even though the prosecutor is long gone. The Victim's Advocates Office seemed to have difficulties protecting witnesses and people involved. They still remember the case and Ohio County's behavior during and after the case.
think again

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

The death penalty part may have been a rumor. The missing money seems to be what captures most people's curiosity. I have heard all sorts of rumors about that part of the case, too. There were quite a few years between capture and incarceration. The amount of money listed in the transcript would have been easy to go through, just with living expenses. The money was also questionable from the beginning.

I wondered if the money actually ever existed. The lack of money may have been the true motive for the murder. Like most rumors, speculation is usually always more fascinating then the cold, hard facts.
the facts

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

if you read anything about the case or know anybody that work for him the reason patrick was killed was so they could keep the dream house the money was extra bonus.and the money still put up and want be touch tell ronnie lee out of the picture truth be known the killer still among us in central city.
FACTS

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Michael Callahan is still running around like a chicken with his head cut off. Murdered his baby back about a year ago. How did this idiot get out of jail?
lady bug

Prospect, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

I HEARD IT TOO
FACTS

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

lady bug wrote:
I HEARD IT TOO
What did you hear?
dream home

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

the facts wrote:
if you read anything about the case or know anybody that work for him the reason patrick was killed was so they could keep the dream house the money was extra bonus.and the money still put up and want be touch tell ronnie lee out of the picture truth be known the killer still among us in central city.
How where they able to keep the dream house? Why wasn't the property involved seized? Jack Patrick had a wife and family. Wasn't there ever a wrongful death suit filed? I know that Patrick was from Nashville, but the property in question shouldn't have been allowed to go to anyone involved. The house wasn't actually paid for at that time. I know from the transcripts that documents were doctored because dates and signatures didn't add up. That information actually was in the transcripts and came out during trial.

If you are convicted of murder, as in Ronnie Lee Curtis' case, how can you keep the property? The property in question had to be transferred after the murder and before the conviction, but it should have been followed up after the trial and conviction. I know there was a time lapse from the murder until Curtis was actually extradited back to Kentucky. He was in prison in another state when he was inditated for the murder. I know his crimes covered several states boarding Kentucky. I know the charges didn't even happen until they recovered the body in the makeshift grave near his father's property in Ohio County.

Any idea why the property was never seized as part of the investigation? This definitely had to be premediated on the killers part or the house and money would have been recovered. Could make for an interesting neighbor!
dream home

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Also, when you talk about the money being an extra bonus, was that from the original debt owed to Jack Patrick? The true source and origination of the money is unclear when you read the case. His father was suppose to have given him the money, but there was no record of the bank withdraw or anything. In other words, was the money just kept from the original loan and the killer never intended to repay the amount?
so u will know

Graham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

Poppy wrote:
Except Bill Kyle don't live around here anymore
madisonville
so u will know

Graham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

the facts wrote:
billy mike gottee ricky adaler
so u will know

Graham, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

hard nose wrote:
<quoted text> field's is a well known killer.i think he did this too.
yes
question

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

so u will know wrote:
<quoted text>billy mike gottee ricky adaler
didn't billy gotte serve time? didn't his wife die suddenly and with no explanation?
bubba

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 19, 2011

so u will know wrote:
<quoted text>billy mike gottee ricky adaler
wered gotee go aint saw hm in 4rever

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

15 Users are viewing the Central City Forum right now

Search the Central City Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min DITCH MITCH 147,005
bob vs mru 42 min get over it 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 12 hr _-_Nope_-_ 81,562
dorothy dukes 18 hr cody 8
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 23 hr Flint hill bandit 26,210
Central city police dept (Nov '13) Tue MADD 56
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) Tue Flint hill bandit 16,129
•••
•••
•••
•••

Central City Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Central City People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••