Who do you support for U.S. House in Utah (District 2) in 2010?

Posted in the Cedar City Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of52
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Ben

Park City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Voted For Morgan Philpot

Morgan won't vote to adjourn until after elections when tax cuts are planned to expire.
David Hinton

Hurricane, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

wibauxwoman wrote:
Jim Matheson listens to the people, not the party. Can Mr. Philpot say that?
It is true that Jim Matheson makes conference calls, and sends out fliers, and that looks great unless you look at the fine print. He says he votes to save our tax dollars, then sends out election fliers with tax payers money which cost millions of dollars. I don't think that is in the best interest of the people, and is highly unfair for him to use our money, taken for the most part grudgingly,from the people to further his political career. It is not only unethical, but in my mind fraudulent. That issue alone should reject Jim from being re-elected, but his voting record, while seeming to be conservative is in line with Pelosi 93% of the time!
L. Hackett

Roosevelt, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Voted For Randall Hinton

Judged:

Understands the Constitution the best.
wibauxwoman

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 18, 2010

Judged:

David Hinton wrote:
<quoted text>It is true that Jim Matheson makes conference calls, and sends out fliers, and that looks great unless you look at the fine print. He says he votes to save our tax dollars, then sends out election fliers with tax payers money which cost millions of dollars. I don't think that is in the best interest of the people, and is highly unfair for him to use our money, taken for the most part grudgingly,from the people to further his political career. It is not only unethical, but in my mind fraudulent. That issue alone should reject Jim from being re-elected, but his voting record, while seeming to be conservative is in line with Pelosi 93% of the time!
Try to think outside of the box and vote FOR the person, NOT the party. Jim Matheson has done well for Utah. What is Philpot's claim to fame?
Craig

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Voted For Randall Hinton

Judged:

Philpot is not really fiscally conservative, I hate his stance on war in Afghanistan, he has been unresponsive to my inquiries, and I simply don't trust him, especially because of his unresponsiveness about his vote on the marriage amendment.
Grant Pearson

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Voted For Randall Hinton

Judged:

I've listened to the candidates and Randall is best aligned with the people in the 2nd district and with me.
accountant

Provo, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 19, 2010

Voted For Randall Hinton

Judged:

Hinton is articulate and well educated in the Constitutional principles that made this nation great. He hasn't taken money from special interest groups to finance his campaign so he can't be influenced by them in his efforts to return to a more limited government and greater prosperity for the individual.
Brad T

Cambridge, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 20, 2010

Voted For Jim Matheson

Matheson is a true moderate and does not play to partisan extremes. I trust him to do the right thing, and that's saying a lot in politics. Philpot is banking on election fever to get him in, but there's no record or proof that he'll be able to compromise once he's in Washington.
G.H. , St George

Salt Lake City, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Voted For Randall Hinton

Judged:

Randall Hinton will be a refreshing voice in Congress. He will strongly support adherence to Constitutional principles, limit government spending and growth, and protect our freedoms. I was incensed when Matheson sent out a 4-page full color brochure espousing his efforts to cut federal spending, and another one just a few days later, both of which in fine print on the back page said they were produced, printed, and mailed at taxpayer expense! What a waste of thousands of dollars...as he used taxpayer money to campaign for reelection. He says that he won't be a rubber stamp for the democrat vote, but he voted with them 93% of the time! Philpot is a nice guy that says the right things, but he is not strong enough on the key issues to stand against many of his republican counterparts who are going down the same path as the democrats. We need someone who is not tied to their party's machine---Randall Hinton is my choice!!!
Richard Armstrong

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Voted For Morgan Philpot

M. Philpot is a leader with integrity, with commitment to constitutional restraints on the rule of law and the elected branches of governments.
Mrs Marple

Bountiful, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Voted For Morgan Philpot

Because he is not a Democrat
bdc

Pleasant Grove, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 21, 2010

Voted For Jim Matheson

Philpot is an opportunist. Really no better than Matheson.
David Hinton

Hurricane, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Judged:

wibauxwoman wrote:
<quoted text>Try to think outside of the box and vote FOR the person, NOT the party. Jim Matheson has done well for Utah. What is Philpot's claim to fame?
I am thinking outside the box, and I am not voting of Philpot. I am also no voting for Matheson because although he has done some better than several of his Republican counterparts, he still, I don't think, represent the mainstream views of Utahn's. His record would imply that he votes our way only when it appears that he can without hurting his chances with his constituents. His 93% voting record, voting with Pelosi, indicates that he is not what we want back in Congress. The only way I can reasonably believe that our freedoms will be properly represented is if we send some one different, who is not a died in the wool politician, but understands the Constitution and it's principles well. If we truly believe in the Constitution and it's inspired creation, then we can't put people back there who won't vote for IT 100% of the time.
David Hinton

Hurricane, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Mrs Marple wrote:
Because he is not a Democrat
I appreciate your desire, but perhaps voting against someone because he is a Democrat, or a Republican, or what ever, is somewhat short-sighted isn't it? I am having a hard time with both the Democratic and Republican machine that is in place in each county and state, and across this great nation. I want to vote for someone who loves this country enough that he/she will vote for the Constitution. This person must be able to stand up against these political machines and do the right thing. I don't believe Matheson has done the right thing very often, and I'm not sure Philpot will be able to either, unless he has the courage to stand for pre-election ideals he professes. I believe we need someone in Congress that has no ties to special interest groups, or established, entrenched, political machines. Therefore, I believe the best candidates are Randall Hinton, or Wayne Hill. I know of Randall's integrity and knowledge, and therefore, I believe him to be the best choice.
David Hinton

Hurricane, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

Amy M wrote:
Randall Hinton will uphold the Constitution and your God given rights. He will fight for the Republic!
You are absolutely correct. Randall will not abandon his constituents. He will make the hard choices that will ensure greater freedoms
Nicole C.

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Voted For Randall Hinton

Judged:

I have never met someone so honest in my life. He refuses to take tax credits for himself when he does his taxes because it is not his money. Even though he has 5 children he provides for them entirely on his own without government help. He truly practices what he preaches and will in NO give into the Lobbyists. Randall Hinton is a breath of fresh air to this election and I can only hope that people will realize that Voting for Randall Hinton is not wasting a vote. How he does in the election this time around will only help move us closer to breaking this two party system and allow to truly vote for who they want to vote for and not just for the lesser of two evils. Vote for the man...NOT for the PARTY. Politics is not a sport and those who treat it as such, always only rooting for the team that they feel has the best chance to win, are the downfall of this country. Things will NEVER EVER change if we continue with this viewpoint and attitude. Thanks and VOTE for Randall Hinton....CLEARLY the best man for the job!!!!!!
Nicole C

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

Judged:

I am voting for Randall Hinton because he is clearly the best man for the job. He is honest! He practices what he preaches! I have known Randall Hinton for a long time and am very impressed with his knowledge of how the government works and of the Constitution. Randall doesn't believe in taking money from the government for himself because it is YOUR money, No child tax credits for him. He lives what he believes. I can only hope that people will learn that Politics is not a sport. You are not out there to support the TEAM. this voting system was set up so that people can get their voice heard. If we continue just voting for the man that has the best chance to win then you are not really voting your mind! You are not allowing the system to work as it was designed! By voting something other than Republican or Democrat you are letting your voice be heard that you are tired of things the way they have been and that you are putting your foot down and aren't going to put up with their false promises anymore. DON'T BE AFRAID to VOTE for who you feel mirrors your views exactly!!!!!! It is the only way that we will ever be able to change this two party system and give every party equal chance to be heard in the debates and get coverage from other entities. Thanks and VOTE FOR RANDALL HINTON! He is clearly the man for the job!!!!!!
Nicole C

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2010

I didn't see that it posted my first comment....lol sorry for the redundancy!
wibauxwoman

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

[QUOTE who="Nicole C."]I have never met someone so honest in my life. He refuses to take tax credits for himself when he does his taxes because it is not his money. Even though he has 5 children he provides for them entirely on his own without government help. He truly practices what he preaches and will in NO give into the Lobbyists. Randall Hinton is a breath of fresh air to this election and I can only hope that people will realize that Voting for Randall Hinton is not wasting a vote. How he does in the election this time around will only help move us closer to breaking this two party system and allow to truly vote for who they want to vote for and not just for the lesser of two evils. Vote for the man...NOT for the PARTY. Politics is not a sport and those who treat it as such, always only rooting for the team that they feel has the best chance to win, are the downfall of this country. Things will NEVER EVER change if we continue with this viewpoint and attitude. Thanks and VOTE for Randall Hinton....CLEARLY the best man for the job!!!!!![/QUOTE]What is his stand on illegal immigration? Will he support congress not getting automatic pay raises every year? How about supporting abolishing congress' lucrative retirement and health benefits and putting them back in line with fed workers and retirees?
Nicole C

Lehi, UT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2010

Judged:

Everything that I understand with illegal immigration is that he believes that there should be a way to make becoming a legal citizen easier so that Human Trafficking will not be such a problem. Many illegals who are currently here believed that they were going through the steps to come over legally, but were taken advantage of my those who presented themselves as legit to help them immigrate legally, who were only in it for the money and have threatened the lives of their families if they caused them problems after taking all their money. Basically people could immigrate legally if there was an easier way in place and Human Trafficking would not be such an issue leaving thousands of people in the country illegally each year. He doesn't believe that congress should make as much money as they do. He feels that they should be allotted the Median income of what most american's make so that the decisions they make will be more in line with most american's. He also disagrees with the retirement plan currently in place for government officials is way out of line. He would do what he could to fight to get those things changed. There is way to much wasting of money that goes on in Washington and he is out to change that very thing. If only Washington would have to hire and accountant and account for all of our money that they are flushing needlessly down the drain. All the Tax credits that the government just throws around like for buying a new house or just for fun is great for some people, but it is OUR money that they are giving to everyone else. Don't we deserve to have a say in what OUR money is spent on? Randall Hinton is a man of Principal. He has proven that in his own life and I would trust him with my life. He has gone out of his way many times to help others who needed his help even though he is stretched to the limit with this election. He TRULY cares about the people which I can't say about the other candidates.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of52
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cedar City Discussions

Search the Cedar City Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Groundwater depletion sinks, cracks portions of... Apr 6 Merlin Hansen 1
SUU, Utah Shakespeare Festival break ground on ... Apr 2 Laurie Ritzman 1
Many advancements made with knee replacements Apr 1 Sue 3
New Iron County Arrests Mar '14 Recently Busted 1
Enoch Music Selection (Sep '12) Mar '14 Musikologist 8
Debate: Marijuana - Cedar City, UT (Aug '10) Jan '14 alex 32
New owner of Salt Lake City's Shilo Inn will ma... Jan '14 Jeannie Jex 1
•••
•••