Is Cedartown Still Racist?

Posted in the Cave Spring Forum

Anonymous

Cedartown, GA

#1 Jul 16, 2011
Are the People In Cedartown Still Racist to Each Other? I Remeber Back then When They Had Many KKK Members in Cedartown
Mercedes

Cedartown, GA

#2 Jul 31, 2011
Anonymous wrote:
Are the People In Cedartown Still Racist to Each Other? I Remeber Back then When They Had Many KKK Members in Cedartown
Duh!! YES.
Look again

Cedartown, GA

#3 Aug 5, 2011
The people of Cedartown are not racist. All colors of the rainbow live side by side in perfect harmony. I just hope that when my white Christain ass is called on to my reward in glory, that I find heaven to be at least half as wonderful as Cedartown. I pray that my mansion is built next door to a large hispanic family and a black pregnant woman with lots of children rents across the street....lord, I will feel right at home!
Mercedes

Cedartown, GA

#4 Aug 10, 2011
Look again wrote:
The people of Cedartown are not racist. All colors of the rainbow live side by side in perfect harmony. I just hope that when my white Christain ass is called on to my reward in glory, that I find heaven to be at least half as wonderful as Cedartown. I pray that my mansion is built next door to a large hispanic family and a black pregnant woman with lots of children rents across the street....lord, I will feel right at home!
You stated people in Cedartown are NOT racist. Where have you been?? I love Cedartown..I would never leave. When I go on vacation I can't to get back home..sometimes I want to kiss the ground. You must live on the North side of town.
anonymous

Milledgeville, GA

#5 Jun 14, 2012
No not racist BUT if it were the other way around and 2 whites would have killed a black girl OMG id get to see Jesse Jackson up close and personal
my thoughts

Cedartown, GA

#6 Jun 14, 2012
I see Whites,Blacks,and Hispanics all together, and on boards like facebook talking about how this is not a racial thing it's an evil thing. As a whole I don't think Cedartown is racist, of course they are some that are and that would LOVE to stir up trouble.
jimmykalimari

Cartersville, GA

#7 Jun 14, 2012
cedartown is the worst town in the country. read the latest consensus. based on population cedartown has more crime per human in the area than any other city in the world. its worse than iraq by almost 4%
just my opinion

Harrison, TN

#8 Jun 15, 2012
I think there is more racist people in Cedartown than you realize. Just because people are living side by side and not killing each other does not make them 'Not Racist'. But when people think of racism, they think of whites hating blacks. Racism is not prejudice. It attacks all races. And to answer your question,YES cedartown is a racist town.
misticosombrero

Cedartown, GA

#9 Jun 17, 2012
look at other RECENT "subjects" and posts to them (especially about the murder of the pizza delivery Mom). there are bigoted comments aplenty, and above are beyond the pale.........if a major corporation were looking (which they have before) to relocate here and create hundreds, if not thousands of jobs,(and tax revenue for infrastructure improvements), and as part of their due diligence checked out the local 'blogs' like this one,(which they DO), and judged the entire community based on the ignorant, racist and bigoted comments they see, they would (and have) said "no" to polk county.

that jobs have left, and worse, won't re-locate here, can be in-part traced to the 'perception'(albeit flawed) that is created by you ignorant, isolated people who think going to Rome is going to a 'city'.

you few are truly the ones who perpetuate the stereotype of 'backwoods, overall wearing, barefooted, tobacco-chewing mongoloids that marry their cousins'...and of Appalachia, that everyone came directly from the scenes depicting you in the movie 'Deliverance'.

if it weren't such a sad, sad, embarrassing tale for the county of polk, georgia, it would be laughable.

when corporations look to relocate here, they see YOU as the 'ambassadors' for their area.......and keep moving on.

the economic development officials and community effort to change the stereotype you folks exhibit and live is a daunting one, and becuase of you who are still "real-rednecks"..... ..that is NOT a compliment...Jeff Foxworthy, Ron White, Larry the Cable Guy say they are rednecks, but they are making fun of YOU......what a shame for the children growing up here and from here who have to explain they are not like you when they move beyond the borders of your influence. bless their hearts.
us army soldier

Mesa, AZ

#10 Jun 18, 2012
Cedartown is very racist its one of the reasons i left. i still worry about my family being there because i have personally seen how evil people can be. i visit frequently to check on them but after the recent acts of ignorance ive decided to move my entire family to a friendlier location.
ButterBean

Cedartown, GA

#11 Aug 17, 2012
Everyone's racist everywhere. Blacks hate whites, whites hate blacks, blacks hateMexicans, Mexicans hate Chinese!!!!
Buster Brown

Cedartown, GA

#13 Aug 18, 2012
unreal wrote:
Get ready for 20 posts of off topic crap from mistitwit.
The Topic is "Is Cedartown Still Racist?". You are the one Off-Topic. However, the answer to the topic question is, unfortunately, yes.
ButterBean

Cedartown, GA

#14 Aug 19, 2012
Yep. Just like every other town.
J Keaton

United States

#15 Sep 9, 2012
Yep, but not as much as places like Haralson County, parts of Paulding County, and "good ol'" Rockmart.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cave Spring Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the carrollton menu sucks 6 hr brunettemomma 12
Mount Berry Mall Tue Rome Citizen 1
Rome Ga Air Show Tue Been there 14
std from nikki gore.. Tue brunettemomma 7
Do we have a crooked SHERIFF? Tue Iknowya 64
Does anyone like the baby names Lamar Chase Tue What 13
20 most dangerous cities in georgia Tue davidfarrar 6

Cave Spring News Video

Cave Spring Dating
Find my Match