Comments
1 - 20 of 27 Comments Last updated Sep 16, 2010
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
3Cs Patrol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
May 14, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Congratulations Roger Boehme!!! You have been nominated for the Water Waster of The Day Award! Roger Boehme of 1201 Lisbon Street in Castroville, Texas, has been spotted several times, watering his yard by sprinkler, outside of the designated days and times set forth by the Edwards Aquifer Authority. See the location of the reported violation here: http://maps.google.com/maps...
Carlos

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
May 15, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

According to the last utilities bill I got, water restrictions are VOLUNTARY. If you lived in Castroville you might know that.

Posting someone's name and address is kinda $hitty too.
3Cs Patrol

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
May 15, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

Carlos wrote:
According to the last utilities bill I got, water restrictions are VOLUNTARY. If you lived in Castroville you might know that.
Posting someone's name and address is kinda $hitty too.
Actually, according to the Code Compliance Officer for the City of Castroville, it is not voluntary. I went to him in advance of this posting, just to verify. If you are not wasting water, the you have nothing to worry about. Whether or not it is voluntary is not the issue. He is wasting water!

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
May 16, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

3Cs Patrol wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, according to the Code Compliance Officer for the City of Castroville, it is not voluntary. I went to him in advance of this posting, just to verify. If you are not wasting water, the you have nothing to worry about. Whether or not it is voluntary is not the issue. He is wasting water!
More nominations (with videos of the waste in action) to follow! Big local names and, in my opinion, foolish water wasters.

This message brought to you by the "Castroville Concerned Citizens"
Carlos

Castroville, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
May 17, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Waste is bad, yes, I agree; but posting this on the internet is a little flaky. If you're speaking to the code compliance officer, let him handle it. That's what he gets paid to do. If he's not doing his job, go to his boss. It's pretty simple.

I'll call on Monday to validate water restrictions. I've heard nothing of the sort other than in the flier that came with the utility bill that said it was all voluntary.
Concerned Cititzen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
May 18, 2009
 

Judged:

2

1

1

If you can out water wasters, then you and your fellowship should reveal yourselves! Don't hide behind your computer pointing fingers at your neighbors...name yourselves and you might get more respect than being called "looney."

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
May 18, 2009
 
Carlos wrote:
... If you're speaking to the code compliance officer, let him handle it. That's what he gets paid to do. If he's not doing his job, go to his boss. It's pretty simple...
You must not have too much experience with Castroville politics. Nothing gets done if "follow the chain of command". You have to go "outside of the box". In my opinion, water wasters should be dealt with in similar fashion as child molesters... call them out and bring them to "the people" so that the public can make them feel ashamed of what they are doing.

As far as the City of Castroville is concerned, the less water people use, the less money the city makes, so they have no incentive to enforce water restrictions. They use questionable tactics with their police as well, pulling people over for little things like "failure to signal 100 feet before making a turn". I called the state police to see if there really was a law on that one, and the officer I spoke to said it was a valid citation, however "he has never and would never actually cite someone for it". It's stuff like that that makes it necessary to bring things to the internet, thus public view, so that the persons or entities will get more attention and hopefully be "brought down to earth".

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
May 18, 2009
 
Concerned Cititzen wrote:
...name yourselves and you might get more respect than being called "looney."
But I am a bit "looney"...

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
May 18, 2009
 
FYI... We are in the process of having a website developed. Once it is on-line, I will post the web address.
Garry LCPD

San Antonio, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
May 18, 2009
 
3C's, good job with this. I am happy you are posting this stuff. Castroville needs all the help it can get. There is so much corruption.

Just so you know in La Coste we stop people for the same thing, IE fail to signal turn.

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
May 18, 2009
 
Garry LCPD wrote:
3C's, good job with this. I am happy you are posting this stuff.
Thanks for the "props"!
Garry LCPD wrote:
Castroville needs all the help it can get. There is so much corruption.
Understatement of the year...
Garry LCPD wrote:
Just so you know in La Coste we stop people for the same thing, IE fail to signal turn.
I don't have a problem being stopped/cited if I fail to signal at all. But if I am in an unfamiliar area and/or not sure which way to go when I get to an intersection and then figure out which way I'm going, isn't it better that I at least signal at that point, than to not signal at all?
Da Nosey One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 18, 2009
 
So I take it you are an outsider looking in. Its people like you who make our peaceful town made to be what its not.If I don't make sense oh well. So what makes you an authority on all the laws or so you thought..
Castroville is a small town must take Idiot not to understand where they are going. Man my daughter is three an she can understand the city better than you the way you make it sound.

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 18, 2009
 
Da Nosey One wrote:
So I take it you are an outsider looking in.
I have lived in Castroville all my life. My grandparents lived and died here.
Concerned Cititzen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 19, 2009
 
I can respect that. ;)
Da Nosey One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
May 19, 2009
 
All your life? I was born an raised here over 30yrs an going strong.I also have numerous aunts uncles and grandparent who have lived an died here. If a person wants to "waste" his water according to you the all knowing 3Cs Patrol let him its his bill. What do you have against him? Wow, there are more important issues than that.

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
May 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Yeah, Yeah, Yeah... I was born here (Methodist-downtown actually) in 1974. Still have cousins, great-aunts, etc. here. Heck, we're probably related... LOL!!! Anyway, just because an individual can afford to waste water, doesn't make it right. If I (or my fellow citizens) have to follow the laws, he/she should also. "More important issues"... in Castroville? Not really, unless your talking about getting the "corruption" out of public office. I'm working on that as well, just being a bit more low-key FOR NOW! ;-)
Usedtolivethere

Sugar Land, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
May 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Oh leave Mr. Boehme alone. Roger was a good guy last I knew him. He used to ref the St. Louis Basketball games---for free. And as anyone who has ever been involved in their kids' sports knows, being a non-paid referee is a thankless, tiresome job. So, please cut him some slack and thank him for all those hours he put in back then. Considering he had no kids in the league, his volunteering all those years should prove he's a decent person. Thank you.

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
May 19, 2009
 
Usedtolivethere wrote:
Oh leave Mr. Boehme alone. Roger was a good guy last I knew him. He used to ref the St. Louis Basketball games---for free. And as anyone who has ever been involved in their kids' sports knows, being a non-paid referee is a thankless, tiresome job. So, please cut him some slack and thank him for all those hours he put in back then. Considering he had no kids in the league, his volunteering all those years should prove he's a decent person. Thank you.
Okay... Thank you Mr. Boehme for supporting our local youth activities way back when... I did not say he was not a decent person, generally speaking. He just needs to know that wasting water affects us all. So because I volunteered for church activities way back when, I should be forgiven if I, say, dump used oil in the Medina river? No way! That's just as lame of an excuse as "carbon credits"... It's okay to drive a gas-guzzling, air polluting SUV, as long as I have purchased "carbon credits??? Thank you for your input and have a great day!
Da Nosey One

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
May 19, 2009
 

Judged:

1

Okay your a texas native an thats all you are. I was actually born in castroville so I can speak how I want.
An anyway usedtolivehere wasnt mocking you only stating a fact that he knew when he was here. So you really need to get off your High Horse an move on with it already.
I have lived in the city a long time look around there are more water wasters than you think.I ramble but thats just how I am.
Til next time mister texas native....

“Castroville Concerned Citizens”

Since: May 09

Castroville, Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
May 19, 2009
 
Da Nosey One wrote:
Okay your a texas native an thats all you are. I was actually born in castroville so I can speak how I want.
An anyway usedtolivehere wasnt mocking you only stating a fact that he knew when he was here. So you really need to get off your High Horse an move on with it already.
I have lived in the city a long time look around there are more water wasters than you think.I ramble but thats just how I am.
Til next time mister texas native....
I know there are more water wasters in Castroville than Mr. Boehme. I have made a concious decision to not make an accusation until I actually witness the waste with my own eyes.I frequent the Regional Park and Mr. B's sprinklers just happen to catch my eye almost every time. Now you say "move on with it already?" Your the one who continues to ramble. I am simply replying in defense (so to speak). Nobody said you couldn't "speak how you want"... Now you're sounding a little defensive and paranoid. And where did you get the idea I think usedtolivethere was mocking me? If anything, I was the one doing the mocking. Thanks for your input and have a great day!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Castroville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Castroville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Castroville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Castroville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••