Barack Obama, our next President

"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep," Obama cautioned. Young and charismatic but with little experience on the national level, Obama smashed through racial barriers and easily defeated ... Full Story

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#649602 May 24, 2012
Mexico's Two Largest Crime Cartels Now At War

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#649603 May 24, 2012
And so it goes wrote:
<quoted text>
Their spending numbers are trash! What the Dems are doing is creating a new baseline using the hundreds of billions of dollars of stimulus money rather than acknowledging it was a one time expenditure. You remove the stimulus spending, go back to the old baseline and Obama is not even close to being thrifty.
Here is another way to look at spending and that is percentage of GDP.
With the exception of WW2 the US never spent more than 23.5% of GDP
Now since 2009
– 25.2% of GDP in 2009
– 24.1% of GDP in 2010
– 24.1% of GDP in 2011
– 24.3%(estimates by the White House ) in 2012
Even if you credit 2009 to stimulus spending, why do the numbers remain elevated for the next three years?
Its so simple maybe even you can get it.

First off, 2009 was Bush's budget and it included both TARP and the stimulus. Then there was this little thing called a "recession". That means negative GDP so even if spending remains level the percentage of GDP goes up.

As for your last question, GDP remains low, the stimulus was spread over two years and the big spending GOP took over the House in 2011 ... you should ask them.

BTW, who held the previous record of 23.5%?

“My Life Is A Shell Game”

Since: May 07

Lapeer, MI

#649605 May 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
It's kind of incredible, isn't it? Nothing like throwing the baby out with the bath water.
Big government has always been the vision of this administration.
“You don’t ever want a crisis to go to waste; it’s an opportunity to do important things that you would otherwise avoid.”
Rahm Emanuel
What Emanuel meant was it's an opportunity to undermine everything this country stands when we're the most vulnerable.
They are like Raccoons in your backyard - they are natural opportunists.
loulee rat mouth fl

Lakewood, NJ

#649606 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't met one person that said that.
Just tea bag liars pretending they were once democrats blah blah blah.
That's probably because you are a deaf worshipper of Obama, besides being dumb and blind, also. The throngs of initial Hillary supporters still feel that way, as do the attentive initial supporters of Obama who have witnessed his failed presidency over the last almost 4 years. Wake up and smell his fantasy!
John Galt

Houston, TX

#649607 May 24, 2012
lily boca raton fl wrote:
<quoted text> $1.6 billion? so what, that's free market capitalism, didn't hurt anyone but the investors! Mitt says so himself! Jamie Dimon lost how much of his investors money? Should he go to jail too? Regulations? Oh hell, Mitt will get rid of all of those obstacles. He should run for Gov again, at least he didn't steal from medicare like our Gov Scott.
You're so stupid Jane that it's pitiful.
MF Global and the recent JP Morgan situation are completely different. The fact that you don't understand the difference between criminal diversion of client money and poor investment of the bank's own money is not surprising.
carmino seranni

Carbondale, PA

#649608 May 24, 2012
Hi! I am just blogging for fun. That is going to
be a large inflationary light bill...8 times 16
dollars by the year 2015. Wait until you see what
the price of gas does for your automobile. The pumps run on electriciy. If the gas stations have
their light bills raised by 16 times, they will have to pass on the light bills to automobile gas
customers! Regular gas costs $4.29 in California!
Here, in Pennsylvania, regular gas costs $3.59 per
gallon! That is in my hometown in Northeastern
Pennsylvania. Someone commented about a redistribution of wealth...Well that is what the year of Jubilee is about in the Jewish Faith!
God told the Jews that every 7 years the Jews were
to distribute all the money in Israel equally
among the people, because in 7 years all the money
went back to the rich! Jubilee anyone?
I have said enough...This might not get posted.
Love, Carmino Seranni

“It's always darkest 'fore dawn”

Since: Jul 08

When's dawn?

#649609 May 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Knew I could count on you to catch that. So good job, Homer! You're still as predictable as ever!
By the way, do you have enough room in your house for 3 adults and 2 cats?
Seeing that you'll be partly responsible for the bottom falling out if Obama gets another four years, it seems the very least you can do when my savings are worthless. We won't eat much.
http://jimcgreevy.com/gvdc/Natl_Debt_Chart.ht...
John Galt

Houston, TX

#649610 May 24, 2012
<quoted text>
One would think that legalizing pot and taxing the hell out of it would be a winning proposition!
And you don't think that the same people who sell drugs now wouldn't undercut the price by avoiding the tax?

Excessive taxation always results in black markets.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#649611 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't met one person that said that.
Just tea bag liars pretending they were once democrats blah blah blah.
you are always on topix. if you EVER WENT ANYWHERE, you'd know that is true. three days ago i had a couple tell me exactly that. and they are a gay couple. always voted Democrat and probably always will--except not for Obama this time. they went on and on about the economy and how he made things worse.
Homer

Bethlehem, PA

#649612 May 24, 2012
carol wrote:
<quoted text>
Knew I could count on you to catch that. So good job, Homer! You're still as predictable as ever!
By the way, do you have enough room in your house for 3 adults and 2 cats?
Seeing that you'll be partly responsible for the bottom falling out if Obama gets another four years, it seems the very least you can do when my savings are worthless. We won't eat much.
Bottom fell out in 2008, Homer didn't vote for anyone in office at that time or in the years for 2001-2008 except for Charlie Dent(R). If you can pin it on him, ya got me. We have 2 rooms available for 2 adults and the 3 cats, and I suppose we could turn the 2 car garage into a 1 car and add an addititional bedroom for the 3rd adult.
And so it goes

Gering, NE

#649613 May 24, 2012
Tenzing wrote:
<quoted text>
Its so simple maybe even you can get it.
First off, 2009 was Bush's budget and it included both TARP and the stimulus. Then there was this little thing called a "recession". That means negative GDP so even if spending remains level the percentage of GDP goes up.
As for your last question, GDP remains low, the stimulus was spread over two years and the big spending GOP took over the House in 2011 ... you should ask them.
BTW, who held the previous record of 23.5%?
Maybe this will be so simple YOU can get it! We have had other recessions and the leaders were BRIGHT enough to hold down spending.

HOW did you miss the fact that the ONLY time the budget has gone over 23.5% was WW2?

The bottom line is there was stimulus bills, car bailouts, etc in 2009 and OBAMA has not cut back spending since then to pre-stimulus baseline.

SO what if the Rep has the house? We all know the Senate DEMS has refused to pass a budget in 3 years which directly correlates with the BUDGET not being trimmed back from the hundred of billions of spending that occur with the stimulus bills. DEMS are being very purposeful in NOT having a budget.

In the end you offered no justification for the overspending.
John Galt

Houston, TX

#649614 May 24, 2012
<quoted text>
Ok, Galt? you keep saying it's the economy. Well if one would judge by our rightwingers on here, how many have been talking about abortion? It's not the economy; it's gay marriage and abortion that keeps you people going. Controlling other peoples lives is what keeps you voting. Not the economy.
It's the economy, stupid (except for the Bible folk)!

Abortion is a necessary evil to keep you people under control as Margaret Sanger intended.
Jane Says

New York, NY

#649615 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact a piece of shit like you said that.
Fess up, sour Jane.
you're on topix all day. with that much free time not devoted to world peace of the greater good of man, you could easily find old posts from Carol and others including me--right after the election i posted I hoped i was wrong and wished him the best. by spring of '09, i started to hear regrets like Carol posted, stated emphatically by people who voted for Obama. and why am i wasting my time now posting something sensible in reply to your usual classless post.
dim_dem_dumm

Euless, TX

#649616 May 24, 2012
dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I know for a fact a piece of shit like you said that.
Fess up, sour Jane.
If you paid taxes you'd be complaining too...

No way an affirmative action teat sucker like you would be different...
John Galt

Houston, TX

#649617 May 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, we are not in a recession, go look up the definition if you do not believe me.
You look up the definition of a recession yourself.

Bet you will be surprised.

“Even when I'm wrong, I'm right”

Since: May 12

Trumbull, NE

#649618 May 24, 2012
I'm very happy we had our first black president... I just wish we could find a DECENT one

“fairtax.org”

Since: Dec 08

gauley bridge wv

#649620 May 24, 2012
As of fall 2011 there was $220 billion of public employee pension funds invested in private equity firms. Guess SEIU and the AFL-CIO better vote for Romney to protect their interests from Obama. Or are they that stupid? My answer would be yes.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#649622 May 24, 2012
flack wrote:
Pro-choice Supporters At An All Time Low In America
Just 41% now say they support abortion.
Y'all are so gullible, its how they frame the questions. Look at the top graph, you'll see that the number of people in favor of abortion being legal in certain circumstances is the same today as it was when the poll started in 1975: 52%. Self-identifying as "pro-life" clearly doesn't put you into the 20% nutcase category which is also the same now as in 1975:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/1576/Abortion.aspx
John Galt

Houston, TX

#649623 May 24, 2012
Homer wrote:
<quoted text>'Unraveling the spending cuts should do the trick: Taxmageddon is a misnomer, says David Dayen at Firedoglake. The automatic cuts in defense and social spending under the debt-reduction deal "would hit growth much harder than the taxes." Congress can prevent the worst-case scenario by disarming the trigger that will force these automatic cuts. And letting the Bush tax cuts expire could be a good thing, because Congress could then pass "a different set of 'Obama tax cuts'" that make the wealthy pay more, help the middle class, and prevent a new recession.'
http://theweek.com/article/index/228389/will-...
They are more concerned about the spending cuts, quit being a shill for the rich.
Losers like Homer are always envious of success.

Since: Feb 08

Spokane, WA

#649624 May 24, 2012
Morons4Mitt wrote:
<quoted text>If it is the economy than why are you upset? Obama has taken a near Depression in just 3 1/2 years turned it around. 24 months of straight job growth. Oil production at the highest since 2003. Exports up. Stock Market up. Iraq war over. If everyone would vote according to the economy, Obama would win every state.
"moron"
Yup, things are grate;
- Unemployment over 8% for 39 straight months, all this after president nobama promised the rate would not hit 8% if his stimulus plan was passed
- Home sales and new home starts at near record lows
- Anemic GNP growth
- Fewer Americans working today since president nobama took office
- Fewer American's paying Federal Income tax
- More American's on food stamps
- Soaring deficit spending, president nobama has added more to the foreign debt in 3 1/2 years than Bush added in 8 years
- Unprovoked bombing of Libya
- Gitmo still open, one of president nobama's promises, he promised to close it, he did not he lied
- Another president nobama lie, he promised to have the most transparent presidency ever, he lied, hell he wont even release his college grades, his thesis, his birth certificate
- Another lie from president nobama, he stated while running for the presidency he believed marriage was between one man and one woman, he evolved, flip flopped, now marriage can be between two men or two women
Only a "moron" would support the loser nobama. No surprize you are a "moron".
Peace
KMA

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Casselberry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Once slow-moving threat, global warming speeds ... (Dec '08) 16 min OzRitz 49,373
CASEY: Does the State Have the Goods to Convict? (Mar '10) 57 min Murphey_Law 490,375
Let's Chat (Jan '12) 5 hr The Real Missy 17,711
Inspiration Lane - Don't Quit (May '09) 5 hr Murph 70,624
11 arrested in Daytona Beach drug bust (Mar '07) 23 hr eddie 45
Internet, zoning make adult bookstores endanger... Dec 21 taroB 1
Massage or Religion? Sep '14 groovygroovy 1
Casselberry Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Casselberry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Casselberry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Casselberry