Who do you support for Governor in Tennessee in 2010?

Posted in the Carthage Forum

Comments (Page 3,701)

Showing posts 74,001 - 74,020 of123,656
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82280
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

cont'd from previous post -

Sassy, you simply are unaware of what a corporation is and what its mission is. A corporation is owned by its shareholders. When people make more than they spend, they tend to invest the remainder. They invest in stocks, bonds, real estate, etc. Stocks have a proven history of producing significant returns over the long term. This is why investing in stocks is a popular option. Shareholders aren't only rich, white guys who inherited a lot of money. Most of them are pensioners, retirees, small investors trying to supplement their income, speculators, insurance companies, etc. For example, if you are a member of a union that was granted a decent pension from your employer, that pension is paid for out of investments. Most of those investments are invested in the stock market. People with retirement accounts, pensions, etc. demand a proper return on their accounts. The only way for this to happen is through corporate profits. There is no social mantra in any corporation's mission statement. That is not their responsibility nor the reason for their existence. However, it is not in their best interest to treat employees unfairly because by doing so, they will not attract good employees. This wasn't the case in the industrial revolution, but it is now. There are so many laws and regulations on how to manage labor that it is virtually impossible to treat an employee unfairly. Also, look on any corporation's prospectus and look at the charitable donations part of it. Most charitable donations come from corporations. Yes, they get a tax break for doing this, but that only gives them about a 30% break. A lot of charities would die without corporations.

Yes, some small businesses suffer due to the existence of larger corporations. I own a small business, but my company hasn't suffered because the good small businesses learn how to compete. Those that don't die.

Profits are the reward for a shareholder or business owner risking their money, their assets, or borrowing money at risk. When an employee accepts a job offer, they aren't risking their house and their savings. They are offered wages and benefits in exchange for their services. Investors are offered the OPPORTUNITY to earn a profit for their willingness to risk the assets they have. This is a simple concept.

Government produces nothing, only corporations, farms and businesses produce something. Yes, they need good employees to do this. However, they also need capital, good suppliers, and a leader or leaders with enough initiative and intuition to manage many things at one time. Yes, it might be hard for you to realize, but there is no employee entitled to anything for just showing up to work. An employee is only worth what they can contribute to the corporation's or business's success. Some employees possess hard to find skills. Some possess a lot of initiative and intuition. These types of employees are heavily compensated. Those employees with few skills or lack a good work ethic aren't compensated as highly. That's just the way it is.

Again, when a certain corporation makes a lot of profits, who do you think reaps the rewards? It's not any one person. The corporation's shareholders are who reap the rewards. Look around you and you will see a lot of people who are shareholders and it's not always rich people. My company provides a 401k and and matches 25% of any employees contributions. We have a 70% participation rate. We have some employees making less than $10/hour who participate. They are considered shareholders and you can bet they expect the corporations they have invested in to make a handsome profit. And they should.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82282
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

NTMD8OR wrote:
<quoted text>
Not just the U.C.M.J., Dunlapian. Any US citizen has the right to act as their own Counsel in court.
ONLY if the Judge allows it! If you'd read the Article, Idiot, you'd know that! How anybody can be so stupid and think they're so smart can only be attributed to Mental Illness that causes Delusions!

And BTW, "Vet" is the one that set you out as posting on a California Forum as a Military Veteran, and said that you were as Phony as they come! And now, you and Vet are Bosom Buddies...how interesting!
Dunlapian

Dunlap, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82284
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't get the money from Nortel, Motorola did. He got the money when he left from Motorola. Motorola paid this. I am sure this payment was made to fulfill a clause in his contract. This goes on almost every day at almost every corporation. You might not like it, but this is how CEO contracts are written.
Pete my friend, this lil greedy CEO left Motorola with a clause not to work for anyone for "X" amount of years, so Motorola paid him "11.5 million or maybe $10.5 I can't remember. So being a greedy lil CEO, when he started with Nortel and told Motorola to stick it. So Nortel coughed up the money........that's why I called him a scammer, and of course the rest is history as this caught the eye of G.W. himself, and G.W. signed him up for his team.
Scammers love the company of other scammers.
I'm quite sure he didn't do any real favors for Nortel either, unless it ended with a lot of cash in his pocket.
Pete this lil greedy scammer was so good he probably dipped into your pocket and you didn't even know it.(if you were there at the time).
Will check back with you tomorrow about any missing money from your pockets.......I truly hope I'm wrong about him dipping into your pocket.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82285
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

2

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, it's easy how I "come up with this stuff"...I watch something besides Fox Fake News and I read something besides Conservative Websites. But, most of all, I pay attention to what has happened since Reagan's years and the changes it's made and none of them are good.
BTW, I lost 4 different jobs when they moved out of the Country, too...and that will tend to get your attention!
Well Sassy, I truly am sorry about your job losses. Sometimes, an employee loses a job and not be at fault. It happens. However, there are also circumstances when an employer must terminate a few to benefit the many. It is hard to employee anyone when you are bankrupt or have no available cash. A corporation also has to find the best staff level to produce the best returns. Their shareholders demand this. I don't know the cirucumstances regarding losing your job, but I realize how hard it must be to lose your job.

I will state one more thing that I honestly don't think you realize. You cannot learn about how our economy operates or how a corporation operates by watching tv or reading internet articles. You have to experience it yourself to really know how our economy operates and how the business world functions. I went to school for many years thinking I was learning how to be a successful businessman. What I didn't realize was my education had just started after I graduated from school. I basically utilize nothing of what I learned in school today. What I do rely on is my own experiences and what others in my industry have taught me through example. This is the only way to fully realize how our economy operates. I don't have enough space to fill you in on all the "fun facts" regarding the business world. One thing I will mention is "Sarbanes Oxley." This one governmental business reform basically made it virtually impossible for any corporation to cheat, falsify financial statements or anything else that may defraud anyone. This is just one bit of information that nobody seems to talk about when discussing "global corporations." I understand why, not many people understand it or have heard about it. But in the business world, this is the governing force keeping everyone in line. It is also a huge reason why the things you accuse corporations of doing can't be done.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82286
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

2

2

Pete, I'm really beginning to wonder about you. I didn't read all of your "Book" that you call a Post, but I did skim over it. And you have so many things backwards from the real World of Company Ownership, Unions, Pensions, etc. and just about everything you mentioned that you claim are "carved in stone", and they are not...there are as many variations as they are Companies...that I have to wonder if you are really what you say you are.
You sound more like a Person who has only worked for one Company, two at the most, that operated in very similar ways and that's all you know.
While you're very nice...for Topix...there's just something about you that jusr doesn't ring true, to me.
I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time...but something just doesn't seem quite right about you and your Story.
Hideout

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82287
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Sss....."just sayin'" has already kicked your ass.You're a typical knee-jerk liberal.Really not that bright.Anyone who calls themselves"sexy"on Topix has some real problems with self-esteem.Or,were you simply trying to say that you are suitable for sexual intercourse? Then again, perhaps you are a nut.Lot of nuts on the old"liberal tree"!
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82288
Jun 5, 2013
 
Dunlapian wrote:
<quoted text>Pete my friend, this lil greedy CEO left Motorola with a clause not to work for anyone for "X" amount of years, so Motorola paid him "11.5 million or maybe $10.5 I can't remember. So being a greedy lil CEO, when he started with Nortel and told Motorola to stick it. So Nortel coughed up the money........that's why I called him a scammer, and of course the rest is history as this caught the eye of G.W. himself, and G.W. signed him up for his team.
Scammers love the company of other scammers.
I'm quite sure he didn't do any real favors for Nortel either, unless it ended with a lot of cash in his pocket.
Pete this lil greedy scammer was so good he probably dipped into your pocket and you didn't even know it.(if you were there at the time).
Will check back with you tomorrow about any missing money from your pockets.......I truly hope I'm wrong about him dipping into your pocket.
Hey Dunlapian,

I left Nortel in 2003 so I didn't get to work under Zafirovski. However, after our last discussion, I made some inquiries about him with some old Nortel contacts of mine who did work under him. Turns out you're right. He was a snake and played a big role in Nortel's demise. I will be the first to admit, I was wrong and you were right. How did you even hear about this guy?

I will disagree with your opinion of good ole G.W. though. And I am sure our current president would like a second chance at hiring people for the positions he filled like our Attorney General and IRS Chairman :) For that matter, I would like a second chance at some of the people I have hired.

Nobody has dipped into my pocket. I tend to guard it heavily. Nortel was very good to me and I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for them when I did. However, I am also glad I missed the later years when they fell apart. In my opinion, this was mainly due to the fact they could not find a way to convert themselves to a data company versus a voice company. But there was some bad management that helped speed the demise up.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82289
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
Pete, I'm really beginning to wonder about you. I didn't read all of your "Book" that you call a Post, but I did skim over it. And you have so many things backwards from the real World of Company Ownership, Unions, Pensions, etc. and just about everything you mentioned that you claim are "carved in stone", and they are not...there are as many variations as they are Companies...that I have to wonder if you are really what you say you are.
You sound more like a Person who has only worked for one Company, two at the most, that operated in very similar ways and that's all you know.
While you're very nice...for Topix...there's just something about you that jusr doesn't ring true, to me.
I could be wrong...it wouldn't be the first time...but something just doesn't seem quite right about you and your Story.
I wrote a "book" trying to explain to you how the real world operates. I took on this task knowing in advance I probably wouldn't be successful. Looks like I wasn't.

Believe what you want, its your opinion and you are entitled to it. But most of what you state as fact is simply incorrect. I have worked for three corporations, but have worked with 100's. Don't take this wrong, but I can honestly say I have a much better understanding of how our economy works than you do. Your misunderstanding is a good example of what magnifies our economy's problems.

Regarding my personal experiences, you believe what you want.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82290
Jun 5, 2013
 
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Dunlapian,
I left Nortel in 2003 so I didn't get to work under Zafirovski. However, after our last discussion, I made some inquiries about him with some old Nortel contacts of mine who did work under him. Turns out you're right. He was a snake and played a big role in Nortel's demise. I will be the first to admit, I was wrong and you were right. How did you even hear about this guy?
I will disagree with your opinion of good ole G.W. though. And I am sure our current president would like a second chance at hiring people for the positions he filled like our Attorney General and IRS Chairman :) For that matter, I would like a second chance at some of the people I have hired.
Nobody has dipped into my pocket. I tend to guard it heavily. Nortel was very good to me and I was fortunate to have had the opportunity to work for them when I did. However, I am also glad I missed the later years when they fell apart. In my opinion, this was mainly due to the fact they could not find a way to convert themselves to a data company versus a voice company. But there was some bad management that helped speed the demise up.
Hi, Pete. The company that my son owned did a lot of business witj Nortel before they folded. Nortel also provided Low Frequency Beacons for the FAA when I worked there. I was shocked when Nortel folded.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82291
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote a "book" trying to explain to you how the real world operates. I took on this task knowing in advance I probably wouldn't be successful. Looks like I wasn't.
Believe what you want, its your opinion and you are entitled to it. But most of what you state as fact is simply incorrect. I have worked for three corporations, but have worked with 100's. Don't take this wrong, but I can honestly say I have a much better understanding of how our economy works than you do. Your misunderstanding is a good example of what magnifies our economy's problems.
Regarding my personal experiences, you believe what you want.
The loon from Camden is a bitter old woman who thinks she knows about corporate America and how Capitalism works. She is so uninformed that it is impossible to get through to her. You are attempting a mission impossible trying to educate her.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82292
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Pete. The company that my son owned did a lot of business witj Nortel before they folded. Nortel also provided Low Frequency Beacons for the FAA when I worked there. I was shocked when Nortel folded.
It was simply a shock. If somebody would have told me in 2003 that Nortel would be bankrupt in seven years I would have said they were crazy. They were one of the largest telecommunication manufacturers in the world and was the pride of Canada for a long time. However, it is a good example of what can happen if a corporation's leadership team doesn't have a "vision."

They also made very good telephones and most every telephone company in the world sold them. The U.S. headquarters for Nortel was in Nashville, TN. It was at one time the best looking headquarters of any corporation.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82293
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>The loon from Camden is a bitter old woman who thinks she knows about corporate America and how Capitalism works. She is so uninformed that it is impossible to get through to her. You are attempting a mission impossible trying to educate her.
I realize that, but sometimes I can't help myself from trying to correct mis-statements of fact.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82294
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Vet wrote:
<quoted text>Hi, Pete. The company that my son owned did a lot of business witj Nortel before they folded. Nortel also provided Low Frequency Beacons for the FAA when I worked there. I was shocked when Nortel folded.
I bet a lot of Tennesseans don't realize that due to the many mountains, especially in East Tennessee, that many of the phone line transmissions were done via micro-wave radio. It is very hard to plow cable into rocky terrain, so the only alternative was radio frequency transmission. In the late 90's most of the long haul phone line transmission in Tennessee was via radio and good ole Nortel supplied most of it.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82295
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
It was simply a shock. If somebody would have told me in 2003 that Nortel would be bankrupt in seven years I would have said they were crazy. They were one of the largest telecommunication manufacturers in the world and was the pride of Canada for a long time. However, it is a good example of what can happen if a corporation's leadership team doesn't have a "vision."
They also made very good telephones and most every telephone company in the world sold them. The U.S. headquarters for Nortel was in Nashville, TN. It was at one time the best looking headquarters of any corporation.
The demand for the products that they produced is still extant so I would have to agree that the management team failed Nortel. It was a great blow to the economy of Canada.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82296
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Hideout wrote:
Sss....."just sayin'" has already kicked your ass.You're a typical knee-jerk liberal.Really not that bright.Anyone who calls themselves"sexy"on Topix has some real problems with self-esteem.Or,were you simply trying to say that you are suitable for sexual intercourse? Then again, perhaps you are a nut.Lot of nuts on the old"liberal tree"!
Actually, I had a problem with a Troll that kept stealing my User Name and and forging my Posts. So, I thought I'd register a Name that would would probably stop most of that.

I prefer "SSS" if you're interested, but it really doesn't matter to me what you call me , just as long as the Posters know it's me and not one of the filthy-talking trolls, and vise-versa.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82297
Jun 5, 2013
 
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>The demand for the products that they produced is still extant so I would have to agree that the management team failed Nortel. It was a great blow to the economy of Canada.
It really was. The killer was that Bell Canada owned approximately 49% of Nortel and saw that investment go to nothing. That had to be a big blow to Canada's economy.
Vet

Fayetteville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82298
Jun 5, 2013
 
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I bet a lot of Tennesseans don't realize that due to the many mountains, especially in East Tennessee, that many of the phone line transmissions were done via micro-wave radio. It is very hard to plow cable into rocky terrain, so the only alternative was radio frequency transmission. In the late 90's most of the long haul phone line transmission in Tennessee was via radio and good ole Nortel supplied most of it.
The quality of their equipment was comparable to the old Collin's Radio Co., excellent design and reliability.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82299
Jun 5, 2013
 
Vet wrote:
<quoted text>The quality of their equipment was comparable to the old Collin's Radio Co., excellent design and reliability.
Wow Vet, I haven't heard that name for quite some time. Collins Radio gear was great and was a formidable competitor at one time.

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82300
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Pete wrote:
<quoted text>
I wrote a "book" trying to explain to you how the real world operates. I took on this task knowing in advance I probably wouldn't be successful. Looks like I wasn't.
Believe what you want, its your opinion and you are entitled to it. But most of what you state as fact is simply incorrect. I have worked for three corporations, but have worked with 100's. Don't take this wrong, but I can honestly say I have a much better understanding of how our economy works than you do. Your misunderstanding is a good example of what magnifies our economy's problems.
Regarding my personal experiences, you believe what you want.
Pete, you sound more like a Business Administration Student, to me, more than a real Business Owner. Just saying...
But, I do find your "condescension", Elitist Attitude a bit annoying....but mostly laughable.
You mean 'lil ole me can buy Stocks? Wow, I never thought they'd let me, since I'm so poor and just a Woman. <s>
Pete Honey, I can play Wall St.'s Las Vegas Gambling Game, just as good as you can.
Pete

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#82301
Jun 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

SexySassySenior wrote:
<quoted text>
Pete, you sound more like a Business Administration Student, to me, more than a real Business Owner. Just saying...
But, I do find your "condescension", Elitist Attitude a bit annoying....but mostly laughable.
You mean 'lil ole me can buy Stocks? Wow, I never thought they'd let me, since I'm so poor and just a Woman. <s>
Pete Honey, I can play Wall St.'s Las Vegas Gambling Game, just as good as you can.
I'm not an elitist nor do I try to be. I am simply a family man who has had some experiences in life, good and bad, that have taught me many things. One thing I have learned is you have a great opportunity to learn when you listen. You never learn anything while you are talking. I think maybe you need to listen more and talk less regarding things you don't know about.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 74,001 - 74,020 of123,656
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Carthage Forum right now

Search the Carthage Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
clean all offices out 51 min winkinNblinkin 37
TN Pay-to-Spray Firefighters Watch as Home Burns (Oct '10) 1 hr mayorofavondale 58,316
any attractive single men 26-38? 2 hr david 10
TN Should state mandate immunizations? New require... (May '11) 5 hr Choice 8,459
TN Tennessee Hunting Rights Amendment (Oct '10) 5 hr Wassssup 8,503
Amanda stenski Wed excuse me 3
Drug dealers Tue Bubba 6
•••
•••
•••
•••

Carthage Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Carthage People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••