Review: Cartersville Dental Group - Karen P Wise DDS

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Fired Patient

Denver, CO

#1 Jul 1, 2011
This dentist does not like to be questioned on a dental course of action even though she didn't explain clearly what the plan was.* On visit 3 I was to come in to have a mold done for what I thought would be 2 crowns. I found out after waiting over 2 hours past my appt time that she planned to do the 2 adjacent teeth for cosmetic reasons. I questioned the assistant, but didn't get to talk with the Dr.* On the 4th visit to get the teeth prepped and temp crowns installed I waited 2 hours past appt time before she would see me. I mentioned that I thought it was bizzare that they wanted to do the other 2 teeth and she snapped. She went on a long lecture and scolded me when I tried to interrupt her to ask a technical question. Without answering my questions she said it was all up to me and left the room and turned out the light on me. When she came back 20 minutes later I asked her politely if we were going to be able to work together. She said "No" and would not even say good bye.
Wiser

Newnan, GA

#2 Jul 1, 2011
Fired Patient wrote:
This dentist does not like to be questioned on a dental course of action even though she didn't explain clearly what the plan was.* On visit 3 I was to come in to have a mold done for what I thought would be 2 crowns. I found out after waiting over 2 hours past my appt time that she planned to do the 2 adjacent teeth for cosmetic reasons. I questioned the assistant, but didn't get to talk with the Dr.* On the 4th visit to get the teeth prepped and temp crowns installed I waited 2 hours past appt time before she would see me. I mentioned that I thought it was bizzare that they wanted to do the other 2 teeth and she snapped. She went on a long lecture and scolded me when I tried to interrupt her to ask a technical question. Without answering my questions she said it was all up to me and left the room and turned out the light on me. When she came back 20 minutes later I asked her politely if we were going to be able to work together. She said "No" and would not even say good bye.
She had had actions against her from the Ga. Dental Board. She is the worst ever.
clarice

Cartersville, GA

#3 Jul 1, 2011
Fired Patient wrote:
I asked her politely if we were going to be able to work together. She said "No" and would not even say good bye.
I think you got lucky, very lucky.
BeenThere

Cartersville, GA

#4 Jul 1, 2011
She did you a favor. She has quite a history of issues with her practice, including billing Medicaid for services she didn't perform. I think she has operated under 3 or 4 different business names in the last 15 years in Bartow.
LemonThrower

Cartersville, GA

#5 Jul 1, 2011
My wife and I used Dr.Wise a number years ago.We had alot of problems with their billing. My insurance would pay for dental work, visits and we would pay the difference right then. The office mananger always used the same excuse that she has no record that the visits were paid. even after we showed the copies from the insurance company and our checks from our banks. We never had been back to dr. wise.
Elbe

Hiram, GA

#6 Jul 6, 2011
Well I think that all the people talking about this dr. are ridiculous, you all are just saying what you want and not the truth. Tipical of small town small talk mentality. She in fact is my dentist and is a very sweet person and a very professional. Why dont you all say how rude you are to the staff and to the dr.. Have you not heard that if you dont have nothing good to say dont say anything at all.
BeenThere

Cartersville, GA

#7 Jul 6, 2011
Elbe, I know exactly of what I speak, because I filed a complaint with the state against her for billing my insurance company for services she did not perform. Nothing professional about that at all. Glad you are enjoying her services, though.
Clark

Cartersville, GA

#8 Jul 6, 2011
Ask some loacl business people and they'll tell you about her not paying her bills.
TDiddy

Cartersville, GA

#9 Jul 6, 2011
The best solution I could tell you.
Dr. Tumlin
Is the best dentist in town. He has done work on me that other dentist couldn't even tell it had been done. But you need to call early because he will be booked out by 3 months.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#10 Jul 7, 2011
Karen Wise was the dentist to my children going back about 6 years ago. We stopped going because she was rude, personally to me, over a bill she insisted be paid "immediately" prior to work being performed...

We found another dentist for our kids..

On a side note. The office there called me a couple of years later to ask if we would consider returning to that practice. I simply asked "Is Karen Wise still associated with this practice?" I was told "Yes she is" I told them that we would have no interest in returning there.
Farrah

United States

#11 Jul 7, 2011
Elbe wrote:
Well I think that all the people talking about this dr. are ridiculous, you all are just saying what you want and not the truth. Tipical of small town small talk mentality. She in fact is my dentist and is a very sweet person and a very professional. Why dont you all say how rude you are to the staff and to the dr.. Have you not heard that if you dont have nothing good to say dont say anything at all.
Well, my husband went to her to have some teeth pulled and he refused to go back to have the stitches removed. He removed the stitches himself. He said it was very painful, there were 3 people in the room with him, one person on each side of him and one in the middle. My husband stated that Dr. Wise is a horse Docyor!
Farrah

United States

#12 Jul 7, 2011
Farrah wrote:
<quoted text>Well, my husband went to her to have some teeth pulled and he refused to go back to have the stitches removed. He removed the stitches himself. He said it was very painful, there were 3 people in the room with him, one person on each side of him and one in the middle. My husband stated that Dr. Wise is a horse Docyor!
Doctor!
Happy Returning Patient

Cartersville, GA

#13 Jul 7, 2011
We have used Dr. Wise for many years. When our insurance was changed and we had to use a particular dental group outside of Catersville, we did not get near the service that Dr. Wise provides. Happily, our insurance changed again and we were able to return. Dr. Wise and her staff are very friendly and professional. I would recommend her to anyone.
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#14 Jul 7, 2011
"I would recommend her to anyone."

Well when you have only 2 teeth,,,, lets face it you could probably do it yourself from home

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#15 Jul 7, 2011
I just have a few words for you ALL that are being HATEFUL and saying mean and nasty things about Dr.Karen Wise and her staff, SHE IS AND HAS BEEN OUR FAMILY DENTIST for many years! SHE IS A CHRISTIAN, SHE is VERY BUSY!! I was VERY THANKFUL for Dr. Karen Wise because she has a heart and does the best work!

Has your mommas never taught yall that if ya can't say anything nice about someone then DON'T say anything at all!

If Dr.Wise doesn't make you HAPPY FEEL FREE TO FIND ANOTHER DENTIST... but you WON'T find one that is as caring as Dr. Karen Wise!!!
BeenThere

Cartersville, GA

#16 Jul 8, 2011
These people have posted the truth, based on personal experience. Take it or leave it. Sometimes the truth hurts, and just ain't pretty!

“All you folks are crazy!”

Since: Apr 11

Location hidden

#17 Jul 8, 2011
1trulyfedup1 wrote:
I just have a few words for you ALL that are being HATEFUL and saying mean and nasty things about Dr.Karen Wise and her staff, SHE IS AND HAS BEEN OUR FAMILY DENTIST for many years! SHE IS A CHRISTIAN, SHE is VERY BUSY!! I was VERY THANKFUL for Dr. Karen Wise because she has a heart and does the best work!
Has your mommas never taught yall that if ya can't say anything nice about someone then DON'T say anything at all!
If Dr.Wise doesn't make you HAPPY FEEL FREE TO FIND ANOTHER DENTIST... but you WON'T find one that is as caring as Dr. Karen Wise!!!
hahahahahaha
Scrumpty

Cartersville, GA

#18 Jul 8, 2011
We spent many thousands of dollars at that practice before being treated badly by Dr. Wise.

Actually her staff were all rather pleasant.

She went out of her way to be rude to me personally and I simply voted with our wallets and found a new dentist
Fired Patient

Denver, CO

#19 Jul 11, 2011
Elbe wrote:
Hey Elbe,

I told the truth. I told the truth here as well as when I filed my complaint with the insurance company.

You would not know what the truth is in may case unless you were there. If you were there you are part of the staff and it would be unethical for you to be responding as a patient in this forum.

I am glad that you have a good relationship with this dentist and I wish you very good dental health in the future. Just be careful of Dr. Wise, I thought she was nice too at first.
Fired Patient

Denver, CO

#20 Jul 11, 2011
1trulyfedup1 wrote:
I am sorry you find the truth hateful. That is a term that seems to be thrown around a lot when someone has a different opinon with someone that some folks seem to admire.

I hope I never find another dentist that is as "caring" as Karen Wise. I expect much more out of professionals. I would compare her "care" to that of Dr. Mengele caring for the children in his clinic.

If she is truly a Christian then she will have to answer to a judge beyond this forum and thankfully she will be forgiven.

My momma would want me to warn other patients, because it would be sinful to let someone else go there if I had a chance to advise them otherwise.

Like Elbe, I also wish you very good dental health and care with Dr. Wise. I hope it all works out for you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why are Cartersville High School's teachers all... 12 hr Walter Melon 33
Lawsuit threatened over Bible distribution at s... 14 hr Tom 7
Deputy Woody (Nov '10) 21 hr Fed up 158
Carmike cinema closing in 2016? 22 hr blastermwar 11
Review: Atlanta Wheel Doctor Tue Tom Tom 8
Review: Dent Repair Inc. Dec 16 Tom Tom 13
Pregnant Women Dec 16 Raymond 6

Cartersville News Video

Cartersville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cartersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cartersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cartersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:36 pm PST

NFL 2:36PM
Blake Bortles to start Thursday night for Jaguars
NBC Sports 3:20 PM
Could Tennessee be Jay Cutler's next destination?
NBC Sports 3:56 PM
Trufant, Atlanta defense wary of Brees - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Live: Titans vs. Jaguars
ESPN 4:21 PM
Jags don 'I Can't Breathe' shirts for warmups