|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Ray Dumbasse

seems that knowles fans are gettin accused of mudslinging. Personally I love to see mud slung but lets look at the guts of this mud and see if its really dirty. the anti millsap folks are upset cause they think the sheriff stole a generator and then played hanky panky with other evidence. what do we know. a coleman generator (purty nice one) came up missing from the evidence room after it got turned in. just disappeared. the folks in the detective division wanted to do an investigation to find out how and why this generator got gone. the division boss (a major) goes to the sheriff and then comes back and announces to more than one of his people --Per the sheriff, there won't be an investigation of the missing generator, do not discuss it, drop the subject now and anybody that does discuss it is in jeopardy of losing their job--so the knowles fans want to know WHY? sounds fair to me. Ole Steve Holloway who retired up there at the sheriffs office filed a request to get all the records on any internal investigation that had been done along with all the other paperwork. There wasn't any. What makes it worse is that the report listing the generator as stolen wasnt even done till Steve filed his request. QUESTIONS THAT SHOULD BE ASKED: Why wasnt an investigation done? If the one in charge of evidence is at fault, why was there no action taken against him/her? Why was the sheriff so anxious to hush up the matter? If you are a Millsap supporter, you really should want an honest answer to this. the Major in charge of detectives probably wont lie under oath but he fears for his job too. Everybody that was there and heard it has bad heartburn over this but they fear for their jobs too. Next: the sheriff and his four wheelers
random

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

REALLY, I MEAN REALLY??? Someone is really gonna worry about a damn generator.... I mean lets look at all the things that Millsap has done for this community... He has helped support the drug court program,enforced the tougher drug laws, He has punished those that commited crimes "instead of pushing it under the rug".and yet the only thing you can trash him for is a generator? Come on.. You cant be serious
Ray Dumbasse

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

random wrote:
REALLY, I MEAN REALLY??? Someone is really gonna worry about a damn generator.... I mean lets look at all the things that Millsap has done for this community... He has helped support the drug court program,enforced the tougher drug laws, He has punished those that commited crimes "instead of pushing it under the rug".and yet the only thing you can trash him for is a generator? Come on.. You cant be serious
so a little wrongdoing is okay as long as he does some other things right? if someone will steal the egg, they'll also steal thw whole chicken. and yeah he has helped with the drugs law, until it applied to his son. then the evidence got lost. You cant be serious can you?
Looking

Adairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Ray Dumbasse wrote:
<quoted text>
so a little wrongdoing is okay as long as he does some other things right? if someone will steal the egg, they'll also steal thw whole chicken. and yeah he has helped with the drugs law, until it applied to his son. then the evidence got lost. You cant be serious can you?
The sheriffs budget is 19.5 million plus per year. Really? A 500 dollar generator is the biggest you can come up with? As with any multi million dollar budget, there is certainly waste. But if this is all you can come up with, Milsap must do a pretty good job with the other 19.4955 million plus. Sounds like he needs to be re-elected. From this argument.
Ray Dumbasse

Cumming, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
The sheriffs budget is 19.5 million plus per year. Really? A 500 dollar generator is the biggest you can come up with? As with any multi million dollar budget, there is certainly waste. But if this is all you can come up with, Milsap must do a pretty good job with the other 19.4955 million plus. Sounds like he needs to be re-elected. From this argument.
ask yourself this if you will: why did he threaten to fire those that even discussed it? why did he NOT want an investigation into the matter? Why was a report not filed until after the records were requested? These are legitimate questions that he needs to answer. And this not even getting into him keeping a 4 wheeler from the evidence room at his house for deer hunting purposes, or how the evidence in his son's drug case got LOST.

If there are simple answers to these questions, let's hear them.

Evidence room articles are supposed to be untouchable. these werent.
Looking

Adairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Ray Dumbasse wrote:
<quoted text>
ask yourself this if you will: why did he threaten to fire those that even discussed it? why did he NOT want an investigation into the matter? Why was a report not filed until after the records were requested? These are legitimate questions that he needs to answer. And this not even getting into him keeping a 4 wheeler from the evidence room at his house for deer hunting purposes, or how the evidence in his son's drug case got LOST.
If there are simple answers to these questions, let's hear them.
Evidence room articles are supposed to be untouchable. these werent.
You want me to believe that instead of spending some of the 19 million dollar budget on a 4 wheeler and generator for the sheriffs dept he would rather use evidence? I asked myself your questions and the answers are here say, he said she said, not facts of any kind. They would be hard to prove in court because it is one word against another. As to evidence room articles being untouchable, not sure where you get that description but that is far from the truth or reality in any police or sheriffs dept across then united states.
toldyouso

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

did the 4wheeler and generator ever make it back to the Evidence Room?
Jus sayin

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Judged:

I can't speak about the generator, but I can speak about the 4 wheeler. Ask him if his son wrecked the county seized 4 wheeler when he lived in the carrington. His son wrecked (the middle one) busted his front teeth and screwed up the front end of the 4 wheeler when he smacked a tree! Millsap also had it tricked out and was using it to deer hunt and if anyone (deputies) needed to use it for "official business", they had to go to his house to get it. They also had to take his hunting equipment off it first!
Looking

Adairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2012

Jus sayin wrote:
I can't speak about the generator, but I can speak about the 4 wheeler. Ask him if his son wrecked the county seized 4 wheeler when he lived in the carrington. His son wrecked (the middle one) busted his front teeth and screwed up the front end of the 4 wheeler when he smacked a tree! Millsap also had it tricked out and was using it to deer hunt and if anyone (deputies) needed to use it for "official business", they had to go to his house to get it. They also had to take his hunting equipment off it first!
Geez Louise! I did deed search and he lived in Carrington 8 years ago.....two elections ago. If the Garmon incident(s) got him re-elected don't you think this 4 wheel thing is relevant now? Come On! Give me somemthing new and relevant and not hear say. I am open because I am not from here but I see no reason not to vote for him.
Looking

Adairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
Geez Louise! I did deed search and he lived in Carrington 8 years ago.....two elections ago. If the Garmon incident(s) got him re-elected don't you think this 4 wheel thing is relevant now? Come On! Give me somemthing new and relevant and not hear say. I am open because I am not from here but I see no reason not to vote for him.
Biggest reason to vote for him is the ding dong rent a cop running against him? How can a school cop over 5 people be qualified for the shefiffs office?
Wow

Rome, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

My God Knowles litle gang will try anything for a vote. What a bunch of losers.

Since: Nov 11

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
Biggest reason to vote for him is the ding dong rent a cop running against him? How can a school cop over 5 people be qualified for the shefiffs office?

First of all the person that is running against him has a name it is Dan Knowles and if you have any doubts about how he is capable of running against the sheriff we have now maybe you could check out his qualifications on his website!! Secondly, he is not a rent-a-cop, he was put in charge of watching over and protecting our children which are our future!! Seems to me that the ones calling the names are the ones that are worried that someone with a level head and integrity is about to take a job that needs a new leader!!
Just Wondering

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Why was the female deputy that was on call for transports not arrested and fired when she was called in and showed up intoxicated in a patrol car????

Since: May 12

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. There is no way Paul Bart wins this election. Clark's roots run deep.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

He should have stayed in Carrington. He lives in Waterford now, and his kids have been a problem in the past. That 4 Wheeler made its' rounds through the neighborhood, and in the field by the lower pool that says NO TRESPASSING.
random

Cartersville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Kimberly Jacobson wrote:
<quoted text>
First of all the person that is running against him has a name it is Dan Knowles and if you have any doubts about how he is capable of running against the sheriff we have now maybe you could check out his qualifications on his website!! Secondly, he is not a rent-a-cop, he was put in charge of watching over and protecting our children which are our future!! Seems to me that the ones calling the names are the ones that are worried that someone with a level head and integrity is about to take a job that needs a new leader!!
He will never win against Millsap
Looking

Adairsville, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Kimberly Jacobson wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is just getting his name out there, knowing he has no chance of winning this time in the hopes that when the sheriff retires he can be a front runner to replace him. He should probably hope the sheriff continues to let the school provide their own force. See, the sheriff has the right to pull the plug on Dans duties and take them over if he sees fit. However the budget would still be the schools and pay the sheriffs dept for their duties. Of course Dan is running a "clean" race. Don't want to upset the sitting sheriff right?
Luke K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
In answer to your first question, I remember a story in the Daily Tribune that the school cops are certified police officers. All of them had experience in other fields before working in schools. Some had been drug investigators and patrol supervisors.

Second question: At least he has supervisory experience when our current sheriff was elected he had never supervised anybody. Knowles has also supervised folks in the military.

You may want to know all the facts before you attempt to downgrade someone.
Luke K

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Looking wrote:
<quoted text>
I think he is just getting his name out there, knowing he has no chance of winning this time in the hopes that when the sheriff retires he can be a front runner to replace him. He should probably hope the sheriff continues to let the school provide their own force. See, the sheriff has the right to pull the plug on Dans duties and take them over if he sees fit. However the budget would still be the schools and pay the sheriffs dept for their duties. Of course Dan is running a "clean" race. Don't want to upset the sitting sheriff right?
I would somewhat agree that it would be a good strategy, but I don't see Millsap ever retiring on his own. Too much of an ego. Very interesting point though about Millsap pulling the plug. Does he really have that kind of power? Could he do the same to Cartersville or Emerson? If so, can you show me the law allowing it?

“Reality”

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

Judged:

Ray Dumbasse wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree,a little wrong doing is NOT ok! You're very right about if he'll steal an egg,he'll also steal the chicken.One of us(non-LEO) would pay a big price getting caught with a stolen little egg!
"Missing" items from the evidence room is not anything new in Bartow County.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 6 hr Synergy 52,872
Whodini is coming live to grand theater down town 7 hr Tom Tom 21
Rumors circulate around Euharlee shooting (Feb '14) 10 hr Huked on fonics 1,235
Review: Monitor Tire And Wheel Mon Tall guy 3
Bass Pro Lakepoint Mon Muskogee 46
Why are all Cartersville female cops lesbian? (Sep '13) Mon Hank 548
Decent Mechanics? Mon Scrumpty 7

Search the Cartersville Forum:
•••

Cartersville News Video

•••
•••

Cartersville Jobs