Local Baseball Stars Make The News

Posted in the Cartersville Forum

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Edward

Cartersville, GA

#1 Jul 27, 2013
On all the news services this morning:

http://www.ajc.com/news/news/baseball-star-am...
Corruption

United States

#2 Jul 27, 2013
Edward wrote:
On all the news services this morning:
http://www.ajc.com/news/news/baseball-star-am...
Seems Bartow County School System
Has been in the news A lot lately,for all the wrong
Reasons.Could it have anything to do with
Leadership?
ted

Cartersville, GA

#3 Jul 27, 2013
Article says more arrests coming. Wonder if Cass will have enough players left to filed a team after this?
John Boy

Calhoun, GA

#4 Jul 27, 2013
ted wrote:
Article says more arrests coming. Wonder if Cass will have enough players left to filed a team after this?
wonder if they will enough to even to start school ?
Info

Rome, GA

#6 Jul 28, 2013
Main young man in question in a Cartersville baseball graduate.
The four young men from Cass. Three are Cass graduates. One is a up coming senior.
They are innocent until proven. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time does happen. It could happen to anyone.
If it happened to your child. Which it could, in a car or home. It is devastating to these families.
The community is having a field day with this while lives are being ruined. What if these boys are innocent?(Which I know they are) social media is dragging them through the mud! How do these young men & families get their lives back?
People can be ignorant & selfish. This can happen to anyone!
If it happened to you or someone you cared about you would hope that your community would stand behind you.
How disipointing....
news

Cartersville, GA

#9 Jul 28, 2013
Info wrote:
Main young man in question in a Cartersville baseball graduate.
The four young men from Cass. Three are Cass graduates. One is a up coming senior.
They are innocent until proven. Being at the wrong place at the wrong time does happen. It could happen to anyone.
If it happened to your child. Which it could, in a car or home. It is devastating to these families.
The community is having a field day with this while lives are being ruined. What if these boys are innocent?(Which I know they are) social media is dragging them through the mud! How do these young men & families get their lives back?
People can be ignorant & selfish. This can happen to anyone!
If it happened to you or someone you cared about you would hope that your community would stand behind you.
How disipointing....
Lives are being ruined by the friends they chose to associate with. Can you imagine being in jail with your sons for drugs????? Seems like it IS the way they were raised in this case!! I'm sure there are lots of young boys in school that are just as talented and ready to play baseball waiting for the chance to prove themselves so I wouldn't worry about Cass having a baseball team this year! As for the coaches and teachers and school security, they all knew these kids had problems but refused to do anything about it because they "played baseball so well". Well, I guess all their futures are down the drain now for sure. Chalk that off to "society" at fault again.
Info

Rome, GA

#10 Jul 28, 2013
You THINK you know. You don't.

These are charges. That does not mean someone is guilty.

Stop blaming people & sit back & wait.

These are good kids & good parents. Bad situation.

Teachers, schools, boards have nothing to do with this!

We need to worry about how drugs are getting into our county & into our schools, don't think they are not in Cartersville or woodland. They are everywhere. As a community we need to fight for ALL our youth & keep them safe. Keep the drugs out. Don't think some little baseball players brought it??? They are are not thugs, drug traffickers, or use guns! Think about how stupid that is????

Get real people!!! This is ridulous!!! This could happen to your child being at someone's home where they thought they were safe!!! You thought your child was safe!!! Stop judging when you don't know!!!
Info

Rome, GA

#11 Jul 28, 2013
Once again... All of these boys are high school graduates but one. So, no need to be threatened or worried about cass high schools baseball team.

Btw.,., if these boys had severe drug problems, funny how this was the BEST baseball season Cass high school EVER had in history!
If they were on drugs they would not been able to perform like that!
Thanks to a great baseball team, & these boys!
Mickey

Cartersville, GA

#12 Jul 28, 2013
Info wrote:
Once again... All of these boys are high school graduates but one. So, no need to be threatened or worried about cass high schools baseball team.
Btw.,., if these boys had severe drug problems, funny how this was the BEST baseball season Cass high school EVER had in history!
If they were on drugs they would not been able to perform like that!
If you remember Lance Armstrong did pretty good for himself!
fabo

Cartersville, GA

#16 Jul 28, 2013
ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!! These boys are good boys who have been raised to be outstanding citizens. People keep talking about Cass however the 1 that is the reason this all happened graduated from Cartersville and also played baseball! In the end the truth will come that the boys are innocent and in the wrong place at the wrong time. At which time I believe law enforcement needs to make a public statement stating the facts so these boys can move own with their lives & play ball!!!

Everyone that is posting negative things certainly wouldn't be doing if of the tables were turned! So DROP IT!!!!
Info

Brooks, GA

#17 Jul 28, 2013
city boy wrote:
And its a fact cass athletics suck
Who are you to judge?

Cast the first stone if your not a sinner.....
city boy

United States

#18 Jul 28, 2013
Wrong place wrong time blaah blaan... Got caught accept it and move on. nobodys fault but their own
Hope

Rome, GA

#19 Jul 28, 2013
city boy wrote:
Wrong place wrong time blaah blaan... Got caught accept it and move on. nobodys fault but their own

But what if it really isn't their fault? If it is proven otherwise, I am sure people will move on. For now, the 4 boys you all speak of are claiming their innocence. How awful would it be if they are innocent , and you have wrongfully judged them. Shame on you for not treating them the way you would want yourself or your children treated.
all you experts

United States

#20 Jul 28, 2013
You people are ridiculous. These boys aren't guilty of anything until its proven but wouldn't expect you backward hillbillies to know any difference. The funny thing is the dealer dude was a star pitcher a Cartersville. Battle, Boston, Frazier? Purple. Tate, Allen? True Role Models.

Ignorance is contagious!
booger

Cartersville, GA

#21 Jul 28, 2013
fabo wrote:
ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!! These boys are good boys who have been raised to be outstanding citizens. People keep talking about Cass however the 1 that is the reason this all happened graduated from Cartersville and also played baseball! In the end the truth will come that the boys are innocent and in the wrong place at the wrong time. At which time I believe law enforcement needs to make a public statement stating the facts so these boys can move own with their lives & play ball!!!
Everyone that is posting negative things certainly wouldn't be doing if of the tables were turned! So DROP IT!!!!
LOL your post is funny. "Everybody drop it," meaning this is my child and he got caught so drop it. hahahaha

You and info are idiots. Go ahead, say it.... "they are good kids they just got caught up in the wrong crowd." Listen, dumbass, YOUR CHILD is the wrong crowd, it's not the other people. YOUR CHILD is the drug user and you are in denial. Damn right they were in the wrong place at the wrong time. They didn't know the cops would show up. Bahaha

Which one of the boys worked at Lowes in the lumber department?
booger

Cartersville, GA

#22 Jul 28, 2013
fabo wrote:
ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!!! These boys are good boys who have been raised to be outstanding citizens.
hahahaha Apparently whoever raised them failed. This is going to put a big dent in the drug dealing business in Cartersville. I hope they bury their asses in prison for life. And there's a good chance they will.
city boy

Duluth, GA

#23 Jul 28, 2013
Amen booger. They cant blame this on davis nelson angie cornett etc... accept what u raised as parents and deal with it
run tell dat

Duluth, GA

#24 Jul 28, 2013
One will and that would be the one who has already signed a full confession. Y'all are some simple folk with terrible info.
run tell dat

Duluth, GA

#25 Jul 28, 2013
Sentence on this as a 1st time offender is a 10 yr. min and he will be out in three. If your gonna play you gotta pay. Kids from excellent families get into trouble daily. They are all adults. Can't blame the folks. Just like it's not your parents fault your ignorant and don't know the law nor your grammar.
Hope

United States

#26 Jul 28, 2013
Those of us in the educated population can read that there was only ONE drug dealer in this mix, and the others were victims of circumstance. Furthermore, anyone that thinks they can control their children's decisions past a certain point is a fool.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cartersville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Walmart has finally done it (Mar '11) 4 hr OhNoes 22
REAL questions for Sheriff Millsap (Jun '12) 10 hr Cartersville Citizen 83
Why are all Cartersville female cops lesbian? (Sep '13) 16 hr Barf 662
Why is the Bartow BOE contracting out to hire a... 20 hr G Ford 11
Former CPD officer arrested on molestation charges (Jun '12) 21 hr Aaa 97
How many kids does Tim Heath have 22 hr madea 6
Deputy Woody (Nov '10) Sun bolo23 109

Cartersville News Video

Cartersville Dating
Find my Match

Cartersville Jobs

Cartersville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Cartersville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cartersville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]