57 arrests - Rolling Thunder targets drunk drivers in Douglas County

Mar 20, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Douglas County Sentinel

'Rolling Thunder' will operate in Douglas County for the next three months, looking for impaired drivers.

Comments (Page 15)

Showing posts 281 - 285 of285
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Grob Hahn

Atlanta, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2010

Judged:

Who is at fault wrote:
It isn't the Police's fault that it's a giant failure, especially when they are out trying to find drugs and get them off the street. It isn't anyones but fault but that persons! I I didn't make the laws. But, why write tickets for traffic violations (speeding, running red light, etc) because obviously people will always drive to fast and run red lights and such so it's a losing war also, should they give up on that too? As you said, for what? We basically don't even need cops..?? Because all they do is --- shoot innocent people and harrass people over drugs... right?
I kind of wish they wrote more traffic citations. Then maybe we wouldn't have so many dumbassses taking right turns from the left lane and riding on people's bumpers. I'm surprised how often I see a cop just sit there when someone runs through a red light or jaywalks across highway 5. Is our safety REALLY a priority?
Grobbbbbbbbb
hater

Dallas, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2012

John In North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>Let me put your mind at ease Bill. I was on the streets for almost 20 years as a law enforcement officer. I was NEVER told to write tickets for revenue. I worked for a small town where I was the only one on duty to where I was on a shift with 6-10 other officers. I was never given a "quota" to meet as far as issuing traffic tickets. The "officer on the street" gets paid the same if he/she issues 1 ticket or 100 tickets. That is a FACT. I used to hear folks piss, moan and whine about getting a speeding ticket. It was always the same that I was meeting my quota and that I wanted a pay raise. The State of Georgia prohibits the use of "speed detection devices" if any officer is paid according to the number of tickets they write. Some folks find it hard to believe that many law enforcement officer actually care about safety. Well they do. I never participated in a checkpoint where we discussed the need to raise revenue as a reason for the checkpoint.
Bill your a joke

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 14, 2012

hater wrote:
<quoted text> Bill your a joke
You talking to me?? If so rest assured my name is not Bill.
Tina

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 15, 2012

And I can vouch for that. :)
Sandra Barber Rabern

Carrollton, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2012

Nothing has been successfull to get drunks off the streets and highways,this has been a major problem around these parts forever.Hopefully "Rolling Thunder", is making a big difference around here.Because you never know when they will have a day to try and make a change,and get these drunks off the roads.Far too many people have lost lives because a drunk got behind the wheel of a car and turned a car into a deadly weapon on the roads.More power to you "Rolling Thunder",please keep up the good work.Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 281 - 285 of285
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

8 Users are viewing the Carrollton Forum right now

Search the Carrollton Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 1 hr TruthBTold 39,271
Trent Jarrell 11 hr diamond 5
Bremen High School- NEW Special Ed teacher. 13 hr MSO4 5
Grapevine Rest. 16 hr concerned LOCAL parent 5
Is Bremen City School worth the $1350 tuition? (Dec '10) 21 hr BremenGal19 117
Who do you support for Governor in Georgia in 2... (Oct '10) Sun youfool 1,983
Honda-Lock (Jul '13) Apr 13 bremenitus blows 58
•••
•••

Carrollton News Video

•••
•••

Carrollton Jobs