57 arrests - Rolling Thunder targets drunk drivers in Douglas County

Mar 20, 2010 Full story: Douglas County Sentinel 285

'Rolling Thunder' will operate in Douglas County for the next three months, looking for impaired drivers.

Full Story
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
Grob Hahn

Duluth, GA

#288 Jul 20, 2010
Who is at fault wrote:
It isn't the Police's fault that it's a giant failure, especially when they are out trying to find drugs and get them off the street. It isn't anyones but fault but that persons! I I didn't make the laws. But, why write tickets for traffic violations (speeding, running red light, etc) because obviously people will always drive to fast and run red lights and such so it's a losing war also, should they give up on that too? As you said, for what? We basically don't even need cops..?? Because all they do is --- shoot innocent people and harrass people over drugs... right?
I kind of wish they wrote more traffic citations. Then maybe we wouldn't have so many dumbassses taking right turns from the left lane and riding on people's bumpers. I'm surprised how often I see a cop just sit there when someone runs through a red light or jaywalks across highway 5. Is our safety REALLY a priority?
Grobbbbbbbbb
hater

Dallas, GA

#289 Jun 6, 2012
John In North Carolina wrote:
<quoted text>Let me put your mind at ease Bill. I was on the streets for almost 20 years as a law enforcement officer. I was NEVER told to write tickets for revenue. I worked for a small town where I was the only one on duty to where I was on a shift with 6-10 other officers. I was never given a "quota" to meet as far as issuing traffic tickets. The "officer on the street" gets paid the same if he/she issues 1 ticket or 100 tickets. That is a FACT. I used to hear folks piss, moan and whine about getting a speeding ticket. It was always the same that I was meeting my quota and that I wanted a pay raise. The State of Georgia prohibits the use of "speed detection devices" if any officer is paid according to the number of tickets they write. Some folks find it hard to believe that many law enforcement officer actually care about safety. Well they do. I never participated in a checkpoint where we discussed the need to raise revenue as a reason for the checkpoint.
Bill your a joke

“Home In Georgia Now”

Since: Jul 07

The "City of Gold" in Georgia

#290 Jun 14, 2012
hater wrote:
<quoted text> Bill your a joke
You talking to me?? If so rest assured my name is not Bill.
Tina

Carrollton, GA

#291 Jun 15, 2012
And I can vouch for that. :)
Sandra Barber Rabern

Carrollton, GA

#292 Jun 16, 2012
Nothing has been successfull to get drunks off the streets and highways,this has been a major problem around these parts forever.Hopefully "Rolling Thunder", is making a big difference around here.Because you never know when they will have a day to try and make a change,and get these drunks off the roads.Far too many people have lost lives because a drunk got behind the wheel of a car and turned a car into a deadly weapon on the roads.More power to you "Rolling Thunder",please keep up the good work.Thank you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carrollton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 4 min silverfox 58,586
Bremen Football 2 hr Concerned 4
Best General Practitioner/Family Doctor in our ... (Jul '10) 3 hr spock 12
Bremen High School Basketball Team 5 hr Bremenite 2
Lost money CMS Wed dawgattack 5
Johnny Smith Dec 16 Patrick Golden 1
Auto Body (Mar '11) Dec 15 Haha 16

Carrollton News Video

Carrollton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Carrollton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carrollton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carrollton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:06 am PST

Bleacher Report 5:06AM
Fantasy Football Week 16: Complete Thursday Night Preview
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Jaguars vs Titans: Full NFL 'Thursday Night Football' Preview and Prediction
Bleacher Report 8:00 AM
Thursday Night Football Week 16: TV Schedule, Live Stream for Titans vs. Jaguars
NBC Sports10:54 AM
Weatherspoon predicts a sweep of the "Aints"
Bleacher Report11:59 AM
Jaguars Break Their Underdog Streak