Accused drug dealer drowning in 25 years' worth of debt

News of Naperville resident Michael Robert Vilim's arrest this week for trying to sell $1 million worth of cocaine to undercover police came as no shock to a one-time associate. Full Story
Titovan

Elmhurst, IL

#1019 Jun 20, 2011
Any news on last hearing.Rumor is he is living in Wisc.?
Pat The Queer Quinn

Addison, IL

#1020 Jun 21, 2011
Come back to Illinois- I abolished the death penalty because I have no backbone.
Vandelay Industries

Naperville, IL

#1021 Jul 28, 2011
Just saw Sue jogging on Mill st looks like she put on 60 lbs
TFLHSY

Plainfield, IL

#1022 Feb 2, 2012
Ugh...I just threw up in my mouth.
not a beener

Southport, NC

#1023 Feb 10, 2012
cops deal drugs all teh time. no big deal.
Truth

Richmond, IN

#1024 Apr 18, 2012
You are all idiots... the man's wife was banging the cop that set him up. Investments are a gamble. Sometimes you lose. Get a friggin' life. MV is a good guy, if not maybe just a little annoying... but he's no con man.. that is plain to see if you spent any real time with him. And the reason everything has been dragging out so long is because of the state delaying... MV will enter a guilty plea because he innocent. The State and police owe restitution. Get all your facts straight before you speak of things you don't and can't possibly know.
Truth

Richmond, IN

#1025 Apr 18, 2012
*will not enter a guilty plea.
Anon

Buffalo Grove, IL

#1026 May 30, 2012
Does anyone know what happened to the cop, Rivera?
LATWTTB

United States

#1027 Jun 9, 2012
THE COP "RIVERA" MADE A PACT WITH THE DEVIL ALMOST 6 YEARS AGO. HE'S ON HIS WAY TO HELL TO PAY HIS DEBT!!
Proffesor

Romeoville, IL

#1028 Jun 9, 2012
You moron perhaps if you made a decision to get an education in life instead doing drugs, you could construct a coherent sentence.
Rod wrote:
As once a long-term friend of Mike and his family. I now find myself as so many others a $30k victim of his greed and willingness to openly ripped off even people he noted as a good friend. I find it so hard to believe that a father of (4) wonderful daughters. Would even think of putting drugs on the street that has no other end result but to destroy countless families in the long run. Though I feel great sorrow for his daughters and what is to become of them. I hope that Mike truly enjoys the remainder of his wasted life in prison.
A once valued friend
AAA

Romeoville, IL

#1029 Jun 9, 2012
Just curious have ever considered a sober life.
Vandelay Industries wrote:
Just saw Sue jogging on Mill st looks like she put on 60 lbs

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#1030 Jun 17, 2012
LATWTTB wrote:
THE COP "RIVERA" MADE A PACT WITH THE DEVIL ALMOST 6 YEARS AGO. HE'S ON HIS WAY TO HELL TO PAY HIS DEBT!!
Please elaborate.:)
Rod

Elmwood Park, IL

#1031 Dec 5, 2012
Mike is up to his old BS scams. Recent email received from him.

Subject: Hope all is well.
I have a business proposition for you. I need you to put up some capital for 90 days. You, determine the amount that you are comfortable with. The more the better for the both of us, but again, whatever you decide.
In return I will sign a note to you for that amount and the $35K (I believe that is the amount) that you were out when I was taken out of the game years ago. In addition, whatever the amount you put up now, I will sign a note for ten times that amount, payable to YOU only. It's that important for me for your help. I have great things happening and I will take this opportunity to put a close on a number of things,
Yes, I'm asking you a lot I know this, but you will not be disappointed. I have a well seasoned attorney in Chicago who expects to be successful on some Civil Rights filings that will make things right for myself and a select few of my friends who never had a bad thing to say about me.
I've always been honest with you, your trust and past friendship has meant a lot to me. I hope that you choose to do this with me, again all this is very important to me.
Please let me know asap so we can talk in person and I can draw 2 documents that I will sign for you. No one has what I've just offered to you. I'm not giving away the store. I've always felt, now as in the past that I could trust your discretion on any matter, as I need this now. Will wait on your response.
Michael
Nonya

Downers Grove, IL

#1032 Dec 6, 2012
W O W
POed

Naperville, IL

#1033 Dec 7, 2012
what good is a signed document? who would enforce it?

“Peter Smedskjaer ROCKS!”

Since: Jul 09

Woodridge

#1034 Dec 7, 2012
Wow. Lets turn this jail house plea viral.
Rod

Chicago, IL

#1035 Dec 17, 2012
Most recent BS email from Mike in response to my December 5th posting.... The side kick he's noting in has response is ME, a once valued ripped off Friend.

Michael Vilim has sent you a message.

Date: 12/15/2012

Subject: RE: Capital

The "ship" that you spoke about will soon be leaving the dock, but it won't ever see your port. You and your side kick made that dream fade into the distance. That was an expensive email. The ONLY thing that could change this would be for the ENTIRE "FORUM" that your sidekick created 6 years ago to be removed. "Forum" or a lot of money? This needs to happen by Sunday midnight. That will be taken as your apologies. If not, when others are receiving theirs, you two will feel pretty stupid. End of story.
Sheik Yerbouti

Doylestown, PA

#1036 Dec 17, 2012
Sam wrote:
Mike also took me and many others in a recent options trade scam.He appeared to be a great broker who worked out of his house.He was very kind to my family.I thought I had street sense,he is an amazing con man.
Rumor is he is (was) building a 1 million plus home in Naperville.He showed me and others the house and had keys to the gate.Construction halted for about 5 months or so and has began again.
I,also,feal sorry for the girls,but they always had the best of things.
So either Mike used the money he scammed from people to keep his house hold running, or bought and turned drugs.The money he scammed recently that I was told about totalled well over $400k.
Looks like it is time for the older girls and Mike's wife to get jobs to start paying back the people they scammed.
He single handly hurt a lot of people including his family.
You have to be careful when trading options. It is totally unregulated and there are a lot of scammers. I work for a reputable company but since I am not a spammer I will not post the company's name. Just be careful who you do business with!!
FYI

Naperville, IL

#1037 Jan 15, 2013
Just saw on net from 2012,police blotter.I believe it is Michaels Father.I hope not,as that man has suffered enough from Michaels alleged crime.
Wednesday, Oct. 31
Fugitive from justice
Robert Jospeh Vilim, 82, of the 900 block of Elderberry Circle, was arrested at 2:04 p.m. at his residence, Naperville Police Department said. He was charged with fugitive from justice and transported to DuPage County Jail.
Funk181

Naperville, IL

#1038 Mar 9, 2013
Man wrongly imprisoned in murder case wins $13.2 million in civil rights lawsuit.Ya never know what can happen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carol Stream Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rosebud of Naperville Fires a 19 year old with ... 1 hr upset with rosebud 1
Roy Mccambell Current Technologies 5 hr Disgusted with Co... 2
Play with my ass please 15 hr andrew 1
Mr. Z's 19 hr Curious 1
Current Technologies Red Light Cameras Wed Bob Holland 16
Clari De La Cruz Wed Angel 1
tony nissen (Dec '09) Wed Tony 63
Carol Stream Dating
Find my Match

Carol Stream People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Carol Stream News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Carol Stream

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 12:27 am PST

Bleacher Report12:27AM
Packers' Week 12 Preview vs. Vikings
Bleacher Report 6:00 AM
Predictions for Bears' Week 12 Matchup
NBC Sports 7:46 AM
Jay Cutler wants to keep on rolling (out)
Bleacher Report 8:46 AM
Waiter Randall Cobb Surprises Fine-Dining Packers Fans
Bleacher Report10:40 AM
Matt Asiata Injury: Updates on Vikings Star's Concussion and Return