Since: Feb 09

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

heard another one happened last nite...any news...
So sad

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

Judged:

Yes, Larry Blaze died. A truck turned in front of him...
bikergurl

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 4, 2012

So sad wrote:
Yes, Larry Blaze died. A truck turned in front of him...
Someone at work was saying something about an accident last night, but I haven't heard any details. Sad!

Since: Oct 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

whatthefuck??? people watch out for motorcycles!! What is wrong with using your vehicle to protect them by giving them space or using your own vehicle as long as no child is hurt to keep them from being hit?
this shit is nonsense!!
meeee

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

My job requires me to drive and I am always on the lookout for motorcycle riders. Even though this guy turned in front of him, you can't always blame the car driver or the truck driver. You have no idea how many times a day I see motorcycle riders think they own the road or can go in the middle of bothlanes to get in front of people. Some motorcycle riders think they are invincible.
TIGGER

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

meeee wrote:
My job requires me to drive and I am always on the lookout for motorcycle riders. Even though this guy turned in front of him, you can't always blame the car driver or the truck driver. You have no idea how many times a day I see motorcycle riders think they own the road or can go in the middle of bothlanes to get in front of people. Some motorcycle riders think they are invincible.
My thoughts exactly during a bike rally last year i was attempting to make a left turn on farris by ocotillo to go home and these bikers cut me off to go to the bar it really pissed me off i skid i had to hit my brakes so hard but of coarse if i woulda hit them it woulda been my fault both bikers and cars drivers gota watch for each other

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

People wear your helmets!
bubble

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

Judged:

medicinewoman1980 wrote:
or don't. your head -your choice -

but don't expect the taxpayer to fix your head when you crack it.....
bikergurl

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

medicinewoman1980 wrote:
I don't want to be told that I have to wear a helmet by law or be fined! I find helmets restrictive when I ride!
not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

maybe we should where seat belts to....do you know where the impact transfers when you where a helmet ..... Your neck, most people that have a severe head impact wearing a helmet ...either break there neck and die instantly or end up a vegetable .. just talk to the doctors at Baylor head trauma institute...I would rather die, then be a life long burden on my family...as far as the tax payer comment ....really , you're worried about them spending money on that..... I would rather them spend it on a motor cyclist that works , then a couch potato that wont work that can , about 51% of the country lives off our government anyway.
not Real Sure

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

TIGGER wrote:
<quoted text>My thoughts exactly during a bike rally last year i was attempting to make a left turn on farris by ocotillo to go home and these bikers cut me off to go to the bar it really pissed me off i skid i had to hit my brakes so hard but of coarse if i woulda hit them it woulda been my fault both bikers and cars drivers gota watch for each other
I cannot even tell you how many times a car has pulled out in front of me or changed lanes when Im next to them...so your one experience is a pretty good average ...and if the bike pulled out in front of you...NO it would not have been your fault ,or been cited ! we dont get special treatment, I can assure you...the difference is when we make a mistake its usually fatal...you guys act like we dont understand the dangers and risk that come with riding . we do it , because we love it.
bikergurl

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 5, 2012

not Real Sure wrote:
<quoted text> I cannot even tell you how many times a car has pulled out in front of me or changed lanes when Im next to them...so your one experience is a pretty good average ...and if the bike pulled out in front of you...NO it would not have been your fault ,or been cited ! we dont get special treatment, I can assure you...the difference is when we make a mistake its usually fatal...you guys act like we dont understand the dangers and risk that come with riding . we do it , because we love it.
Guys on bikes are the worst when they see a girl riding her bike on the highway! Pull up close and show off! trucks and pickups are also idiots when they see a girl on a bike riding alone. Grow up!
Not Impressed

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

We had a biker pass us on the highway between Artesia and Roswell this weekend. When he had pulled back over in front of us, he let go of the handlebars and did a big stretch . If he had lost control of that bike, we would have probably hit him, he was that close. If we had hit him, we would have probably been the ones charged. If he was showing off, we were not impressed! Seems to me a lot of bikers enjoy pushing their luck.
Carlsbad Resident

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

I do not need nor want a dictator like "Judi Waters" telling me I have to wear a helmet, there is no room for dictators in the United States.

This is one of the things wrong with Carlsbad, there are just too many Bible thumping narcissis women dictators
JodyMac

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

Judged:

bikergurl wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't want to be told that I have to wear a helmet by law or be fined! I find helmets restrictive when I ride!
Accidents are rstrictive,also...
bikergurl

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 6, 2012

JodyMac wrote:
<quoted text>
Accidents are rstrictive,also...
Do you mean restrictive? Also what?
rocket science

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

bikergurl wrote:
<quoted text>
Guys on bikes are the worst when they see a girl riding her bike on the highway! Pull up close and show off! trucks and pickups are also idiots when they see a girl on a bike riding alone. Grow up!
I guess you're trying to say that you are Hott, I think this is in your head. cars ,trucks and other bikes can't pass you without almost causing a wreck. hahahahaha get real..bet youre a dog
rocket science

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

RUFF,RUFF,RUFF
rocket science

Hobbs, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Im a fat ugly mexican and I stink and guys look at me. Im a homo
Brothers In Arms

Carlsbad, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 7, 2012

Judged:

My thoughts exactly during a bike rally last year i was attempting to make a left turn on farris by ocotillo to go home and these bikers cut me off to go to the bar it really pissed me off i skid i had to hit my brakes so hard but of coarse if i woulda hit them it woulda been my fault both bikers and cars drivers gota watch for each other

I agree we must watch for eachother, but here ya go, when a group of bikers approach an intersection, and the light turns yellow, the middle set of bikes stop and block traffic for the rest of the bikers to continue through the intersection, the police prefer this method and accept it in every state and town, but unfortunately its not taught in drivers education like it should be. I truly beleive we need to have education in watching out for bikers, sometimes it is difficult to see them, but if a person looks twice before changing lanes or leaving a stop sign I am sure our averages concerning accidents would go down. I have an HD and ride it every day, yes most everything in this blog has affected me so I do understand and I am not pointing fingers or laying blame. have a nice day. thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of20
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

11 Users are viewing the Carlsbad Forum right now

Search the Carlsbad Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Carlsbad car museum slow to catch on with locals (Aug '13) 1 hr Yes 38
Say it in six words (Jul '08) 7 hr Flushing Sound 8,361
house for rent carlsbad nm (Jun '10) 9 hr Mic 76
Rachel from Intrepid Potash (Oct '13) 9 hr thisisfunny 8
Ryan M. Stevens Art Auction - Update!!! 10 hr RMS Photos Assistant 5
Easter baskets can be purchased with FOOD STAMPS (Mar '13) 11 hr _Aristotle_ 55
Mattie Restine and Pattie Pritz Murders (Aug '11) 12 hr Doug Micklewright 18
•••

Fire Warning for Eddy County was issued at April 16 at 1:00PM MDT