Jail time given for 'religious-based' marijuana

A woman accused of tending an allegedly religion-based marijuana crop in Fannettsburg last winter was given local jail time for her part in the operation. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
rediculous

Greencastle, PA

#1 Nov 13, 2010
What a waste of time and resources. I would rather they spent more time locking up pedophiles and rapists. Free the weeds!
lol

Greencastle, PA

#2 Nov 13, 2010
I love Jesus and Weed.
Dave

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Nov 13, 2010
I guess My Anti Tax Church won't save me from the IRS.
Anon

Spring Grove, PA

#4 Nov 13, 2010
Weak! Why dont we think of some other ways we can waste tax payer money. NO ONE has ever died from an overdose of marijuana. It's NO different than growing apples or tomatoes. Meanwhile, anyone with violent or criminal tendencies over the age of 21 is free to walk into a state-run store and purchase any amount of alcohol they can afford which can be as potent as pure-grain alcohol.
What a perfect example of ignorance and hypocrisy.

Since: Jan 10

United States

#5 Nov 13, 2010
Make it legal and TAX it to help with the national debt.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#6 Nov 13, 2010
The police act like they found a meth lab!!!
Go solve some real Crime!!!
Where are all the stolen guns I keep reading about????
worldinspector

Chambersburg, PA

#7 Nov 13, 2010
The presence of "Dangerous Criminals" like these in society are one good reason why we DON'T need a new courthouse with more courtrooms, judges, lawyers, etc.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#9 Nov 13, 2010
What, is Shawn Meyers some sort of wack job? Nine to 23 months... for weed? REALLY?

As ridiculous as this "religious" marijuana claim might be, the only thing more ridiculous is filling our jail with non-violent potheads. And what, we parole another wife beater? Child molestor?

I agree, go solve some real crime. This is our tax dollars being wasted on fluff.
Terry Winger

AOL

#10 Nov 13, 2010
Religious use of marijuana is a fact. There was 6 pounds of marijuana in the holy anointing oil in exodus 30:23. You cant blame the police for doing their jobs. The law in fact is on the side of religious users, the first amendment being just one.

If you want to plead guilty to a felony then you have your reward. But when Judges refuse to hear religion as a legal defence then something is very wrong, and I have seen this happen at least a dozen times in this Country, over the past few years.

I cant wait to see these judges at judgement day. When judges break the law, then there is no law. I want to see them suffer just like the suffering they inflict on our children, and they will at judgement day.

Cheers
Terry Winger
"The Fire Baptism and the Lost Sacraments"
I Feel Your Pain

Shermans Dale, PA

#11 Nov 13, 2010
Good Lord, Bob. Been 25 years, and you're still toking up? Seriously though, they should legalize marijuana. It's safer for the general public than booze. Ever hear of someone smoking up and shooting his kid?
as-the-song-goes

Williamsport, PA

#12 Nov 13, 2010
DRINK A LITTLE DRINK, SMOKE A LITTLE SMOKE.......
wtf

Ickesburg, PA

#13 Nov 13, 2010
wow! they got more time than people who rape kids in this town! god help us.

“defending against libs”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#14 Nov 13, 2010
Marijuana is evil. It cause people to use harder drugs. It also increases mens breasts. Excesive use will cause your teeth and lips to turn green. If you smoke to much you could die of and overdose. It also cause hallucinations that will cause people to lose there minds and become lib dems.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#15 Nov 13, 2010
Super Republican wrote:
It also cause hallucinations that will cause people to lose there minds and become lib dems.
Actually it sounded pretty awesome until that last part.... lib dems! The humanity!!
otis driftwood

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Nov 13, 2010
ole henry always had some dank bud! maybe because he prayed for its well-being?
Just a token

United States

#17 Nov 13, 2010
worldinspector wrote:
The presence of "Dangerous Criminals" like these in society are one good reason why we DON'T need a new courthouse with more courtrooms, judges, lawyers, etc.
If you knew these people you'd realize they are too burnt out to be dangerous to anybody!
worldinspector

Chambersburg, PA

#18 Nov 13, 2010
Just a token wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew these people you'd realize they are too burnt out to be dangerous to anybody!
You apparently missed the sarcasm ... talk about burnt out!
poy head

Carlisle, PA

#19 Nov 13, 2010
my opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like you might be one of those STUPID POT HEAD ! And your opinion is just like pot, going up in smoke. Have a nice day.
id rather be a pot head than a dumb head like you are!keep your dumb old fasion ideas and opinions to yourself
Concerned Grandmother

Carlisle, PA

#20 Nov 13, 2010
and of course using religion makes this alright?? Sick people that hide behind religion to justify why they do this?? Why? Because they're C-O-W-A-R-D-S that's why??

and if people didn't know that's why so many people that deal drugs moved to Fort Loudon, Shade Gap and Fannettsburg areas years ago so the "police wouldn't find them" - well good for our Drug Task Force and local police--they're finding these creeps!! and if everyone that lives in these areas cares enough about keeping these kinds of people out of your communities--then keep up the good work of reporting to the Drug Task Force and your local police "strange activities" going on anywhere-anyplace-anytime--bet ter safe than sorry!! Good work!! and don't be afraid to report anything - you can remain ANONYMOUS (you do NOT have to give your name)
ray christl

Phnom Penh, Cambodia

#21 Nov 13, 2010
Stop the GLOBAL FASCISM from AmeriKKKa. Deny the #1 natural resource that humans can use to build a healthy and pollution free world...malignant narcissism will destroy a once great nation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Carlisle Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Locators, Inc. Is it a scam? (Feb '11) Tue Steviewonders 32
Not everyone benefiting from growth in Carlisle Oct 13 Karl Isle 1
Cumberland County man dies on railroad tracks (Mar '09) Oct 6 Jim Stephens 26
Debate: Gay Marriage - Mount Holly Springs, PA (May '11) Sep 26 KiMare 17
Bucher Hill Mansion aka Swan Lake Mansion (May '08) Sep '14 janaDe 19
Carlisle Madam Bessie Jones (Feb '09) Sep '14 Tyrone Pookie Was... 26
50-unit senior housing apartment building plann... Jul '14 Shelly Slader 1
Carlisle Dating
Find my Match

Carlisle Jobs