Comments
41 - 60 of 135 Comments Last updated Jun 12, 2012
Koolaid drinker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Sep 18, 2011
 
hospital wrote:
<quoted text>
Or have been drinking way too much Koolaid... And besides... This is TOPIX... we can say what we want :)
is that all you got? Spelling errors? Check your brand names moron.
You sound disappointed that more people didn't lose their jobs.
I did not benefit from the "layoff". My husband who works there didn't benefit and the only ones who did go arguably needed to go.
A CEO and 2 VP s were shown the exit, not replaced and probably 8 people max were let go or reassigned this week. Not 20%, not 200, not 70 not 20 million dollars, not....insert your bs here.
You're right you can say anything on topix but try to have some facts behind your misguided uninformed opinions, gossip and ramblings. Not inflated crap just to make you feel better about your own crappy life. Btw get one.
hospital

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Sep 18, 2011
 
Koolaid drinker wrote:
<quoted text>is that all you got? Spelling errors? Check your brand names moron.
You sound disappointed that more people didn't lose their jobs.
I did not benefit from the "layoff". My husband who works there didn't benefit and the only ones who did go arguably needed to go.
A CEO and 2 VP s were shown the exit, not replaced and probably 8 people max were let go or reassigned this week. Not 20%, not 200, not 70 not 20 million dollars, not....insert your bs here.
You're right you can say anything on topix but try to have some facts behind your misguided uninformed opinions, gossip and ramblings. Not inflated crap just to make you feel better about your own crappy life. Btw get one.
Koolaid drinker wrote:
<quoted text>is that all you got? Spelling errors? Check your brand names moron.
You sound disappointed that more people didn't lose their jobs.
I did not benefit from the "layoff". My husband who works there didn't benefit and the only ones who did go arguably needed to go.
A CEO and 2 VP s were shown the exit, not replaced and probably 8 people max were let go or reassigned this week. Not 20%, not 200, not 70 not 20 million dollars, not....insert your bs here.
You're right you can say anything on topix but try to have some facts behind your misguided uninformed opinions, gossip and ramblings. Not inflated crap just to make you feel better about your own crappy life. Btw get one.
Hahaha!!!! You think I was talking about spelling KOOLAID wrong?? I don't think so.... Your husband works there and you can't even spell Linnes was what meant.... and I didn't say 300, 70, or even 20% in fact... I NEVER said a number at all so check yourself and make sure you talk down to the right person next time...so get YOUR facts right.
sucks

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Sep 18, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Southeast sucks
just wondering

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Sep 18, 2011
 
Does Madonna Farrow and Dee Klee still work over there???
knows

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Sep 18, 2011
 
just wondering wrote:
Does Madonna Farrow and Dee Klee still work over there???
yes
abcdefg123

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Sep 19, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

This is all sad. A little healthy competition is needed for every business. So no matter which hospital you choose they both have a spot in our community.
Anon

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Sep 19, 2011
 
For the person who said their unemployment would go up slightly, that is a slight understatement. Businesses notoriously fight unemployment b/c of tax reasons and b.c. their unemployment would go up quite a bit. Just an fyi....
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Sep 19, 2011
 
sorta off topic but...heard a nurse threaten to put a person she hates in the hospital? Is that even legal!
hospital

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Sep 19, 2011
 
Anon wrote:
For the person who said their unemployment would go up slightly, that is a slight understatement. Businesses notoriously fight unemployment b/c of tax reasons and b.c. their unemployment would go up quite a bit. Just an fyi....
Thank you! That's what I'm say'n why else would they offer lower paying jobs...? Because when those ppl would quit and they wouldn't have to pay it.
Guest

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Sep 19, 2011
 

Judged:

2

Debbie Linnes is just a scapegoat. The Southeast Hospital Executive Board is simply a good old boys club and she wasn't one of them. Past SE administrators have spent money in the same fashion as Ms. Linnes and nobody seemed to get in an uproar about it. Southeast is in trouble and she was easy to blame for all issues big & small. As far as making a profit...Southeast is a not for profit hospital. There is NO procedure or test that only takes two, five or ten minutes. Interpretation, machinery, technical knowledge, instrumentation, liability insurance, etc. must be considered when costs are compared to the time involved when having a procedure or test done. You wouldn't want a waitress interpreting your mammogram and you wouldn't want a welder interpreting your EKG. Give a little credit for the education and training of those taking care of you, and give a lot of credit for the cost of that training. You pay for what you get and when it comes to medicine you want the best trained personnel you can get. You only get this one chance at life and I think we need the best to fix us up when we need fixing up. Now, I don't happen to think SE Hospital is the best in town but that's my opinion. They've been around a long time so they must be doing something right.
capeman

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Sep 19, 2011
 
guest wrote:
sorta off topic but...heard a nurse threaten to put a person she hates in the hospital? Is that even legal!
oh that is not good! I would report this nurse...
Cheney

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Sep 19, 2011
 
Alot of RN's there are smokers. Part of the layoff gets rid of smokers like St Francis.
guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
Sep 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

who cares if a nurse smokes...what they do on their private time is nobodies business. These
jerks that run the hospitals are not gods!!!!
Who are to say what they do when thet are not at work! total BS!!!
Local Doc

Jackson, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
Sep 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Basics wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. Totally false. The degree to which this rumor has spread is hilarious. The discussion of mismanagement of money does not indicate that Southeast Hospital is in financial strain nor in consideration to be purchased by another medical empire.
Think about it from just the information non-employees have. KFVS12 would be all over this story if 70 people were laid off by the region's largest hospital / health system.
Actually, it is true...I know several who received the "friendly visit" from SE HR VP Lincoln Scott. The media hasn't been covering it because SE EVP Jimmy L. visited with the heads of the Missourian and KFVS and persuaded them to ignore it (probably threatening to pull advertising if they did).
undoc

Indianapolis, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#57
Sep 20, 2011
 
Local Doc wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, it is true...I know several who received the "friendly visit" from SE HR VP Lincoln Scott. The media hasn't been covering it because SE EVP Jimmy L. visited with the heads of the Missourian and KFVS and persuaded them to ignore it (probably threatening to pull advertising if they did).
Actually, if they did "bribe" the local media to keep certain things from being mentioned, they wouldn't be the only ones in this area to do that. Our local media is bought and sold regularly. PS.... I know you didn't use the word bribe, I did.
Guest

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#58
Sep 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Oh yes, this is how things work in Cape. I have lived in the area for 18 years. Never a single hint of real problems at SFMC. Advertising revenue trumps news.
Guest

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Sep 20, 2011
 
Guest wrote:
<quoted text>
We all went to the same nursing schools and the majority of the same doctors go to both hospitals dumb ass.
Ummm, no we didn't. Some of us are from other areas and bring experience and new info to this area.
Donthinkso

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Sep 20, 2011
 

Judged:

1

guest wrote:
who cares if a nurse smokes...what they do on their private time is nobodies business. These
jerks that run the hospitals are not gods!!!!
Who are to say what they do when thet are not at work! total BS!!!
.

Long as it's not drugs cause that affects what they do on their jobs. If you are going to take care of a person you have no right to use drugs
They can smoke as l
oh hell no

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Sep 20, 2011
 
Ok how the hell did this get to smoking? Yes the new insurance plan will start testing employees in 2013 for nicotine use. I don't understand this myself seeing as smoking people create revenue for the hospital. To me this is prejudice. Smoking is an addiction and the number 2 killer in the USA. If you are going to say that you can't smoke and work here then you also can't have high blood pressure and work here or a history of heart problems. If they don't smoke near patients and don't stink of smoke then leave them be. Come on southeast is banning the electric cigarette too. It is harmless to others and as long as it is used in a non public place who the hell cares. It is just another way to take liberty and freedom away from the everyday man.
oh hell no

Cape Girardeau, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Sep 20, 2011
 
oh hell no wrote:
Ok how the hell did this get to smoking? Yes the new insurance plan will start testing employees in 2013 for nicotine use. I don't understand this myself seeing as smoking people create revenue for the hospital. To me this is prejudice. Smoking is an addiction and the number 2 killer in the USA. If you are going to say that you can't smoke and work here then you also can't have high blood pressure and work here or a history of heart problems. If they don't smoke near patients and don't stink of smoke then leave them be. Come on southeast is banning the electric cigarette too. It is harmless to others and as long as it is used in a non public place who the hell cares. It is just another way to take liberty and freedom away from the everyday man.
Oh and southeast has over 90 million in the bank don't let them fool you into believing they are broke. Just an excuse to screw people over.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

38 Users are viewing the Cape Girardeau Forum right now

Search the Cape Girardeau Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
MO Ferguson Police Are Being Relieved Of Their Dut... 13 min LEO 477 789
White power 16 min lilbitpink 20
Debate: Ferguson - Cape Girardeau, MO 51 min just me 17
Jimmy randle and Ruth Waller shrum 1 hr Lisa 5
does medicaid cover braces? (Nov '10) 4 hr Mike Spike 546
How many lesbian in Cape 4 hr finger in the dyke. 4
who are some local rappers in cape and where to... (Sep '10) 5 hr Guest 24
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cape Girardeau Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cape Girardeau People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cape Girardeau News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cape Girardeau
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••