Asheville Holiday Parade thrills downtown crowd

Nov 20, 2010 Full story: Asheville Citizen-Times 20

Under beautiful, warm skies, the 64th annual Asheville Holiday Parade ushered in the holiday season to hundreds of thrilled viewers downtown.

Full Story
dick

United States

#1 Nov 20, 2010
Call it what it is.......thanksgiving or Christmas parade!
HuhHuh

Candler, NC

#2 Nov 21, 2010
Guess that isn't Politically Correct...
Mary Jane

United States

#3 Nov 21, 2010
Did the hippie wannabes have a float? You know, one that has women covered in body hair, men with dreads and a plume of patchouli smoke coming from the float.
Cullen Anderson

Black Mountain, NC

#4 Nov 21, 2010
Mary Jane wrote:
Did the hippie wannabes have a float? You know, one that has women covered in body hair, men with dreads and a plume of patchouli smoke coming from the float.
no
Adolph Hipster

Asheville, NC

#5 Nov 21, 2010
IT'S A CHRISTMAS PARADE! DARNED p.c. TRANSPLANTS.
Qualified

Marion, NC

#6 Nov 21, 2010
Maybe the folks in Asheville want everyone to have a happy holiday no matter what their religious beliefs. The holidays are not about just one religion. Many religions have celebrations during December - and just before - and just after. Why not let everyone feel welcome?
Rudolph

Boone, NC

#8 Nov 21, 2010
It's a "Merchant" Parade first and then a "Holiday" parade. It begins before Thanksgiving and covers Hanukkah, Muharram, Ashura, Christmas, Kwanzaa and New Year's Day.

And if you are really bored WLOS will braodcast it again on Thanksgiving morning.

“My possum won a prize.”

Since: Jun 10

Candler

#9 Nov 21, 2010
come to the Candler parade we got a better one.
Grorge

United States

#11 Nov 22, 2010
Rudolph wrote:
It's a "Merchant" Parade first and then a "Holiday" parade. It begins before Thanksgiving and covers Hanukkah, Muharram, Ashura, Christmas, Kwanzaa and New Year's Day.
And if you are really bored WLOS will braodcast it again on Thanksgiving morning.
You forgot Festivus damn it.
Lavender

United States

#12 Nov 22, 2010
Asheville sucks! Why would anyone want
to live here or come here! I have lived here for 2
years not because i wanted to. In a
year i get to move can't wait!
The most boring place ugh!
Upscale

Sanford, NC

#13 Nov 22, 2010
Lavender wrote:
Asheville sucks! Why would anyone want
to live here or come here! I have lived here for 2
years not because i wanted to. In a
year i get to move can't wait!
The most boring place ugh!
Whiner! The sooner your ass hits the interstate, the better off we'll be.
Buh Bye

Black Mountain, NC

#14 Nov 22, 2010
Lavender wrote:
Asheville sucks! Why would anyone want
to live here or come here! I have lived here for 2
years not because i wanted to. In a
year i get to move can't wait!
The most boring place ugh!
Buh Bye Lavender, Nicole, Nikki, Michelle, Sapphire. Don't let the city limit sign hit you in your big dumb butt as you leave.
Tattooed

Sanford, NC

#15 Nov 22, 2010
Lavender wrote:
Asheville sucks! Why would anyone want
to live here or come here! I have lived here for 2
years not because i wanted to. In a
year i get to move can't wait!
The most boring place ugh!
I've got some friends on bikes who can help you get out of town NOW.
You Go

Black Mountain, NC

#16 Nov 22, 2010
Tattooed wrote:
<quoted text>
I've got some friends on bikes who can help you get out of town NOW.
I'm hearing you Tat.
HuhHuh

Candler, NC

#17 Nov 23, 2010
Adolph Hipster wrote:
IT'S A CHRISTMAS PARADE! DARNED p.c. TRANSPLANTS.
For real, would you really call it the "Hajj" parade? I mean, seriously.
Anonymous

Snow Hill, NC

#19 Nov 23, 2010
what the f@@@ is a holiday parade. too damn much political correctness in world'. call it what it is. i myself profess to be a racist redneck hillbilly.the rest of you are leberrasl left wing wackos or either conservative right wing crazies. hellmaan up and be proud of who you are. don t back down from the pc police. f@@@ the. they dont like the way i look or how I ac t they can kiss my ass opn both sides. i bow and cater to no one and if you get offended reasl eassy stay away from me. oh and these gay fags on bikes who want to escort people out of town, i will pull a sons of anarchy bit on their a@@ YOU CAN COUnt on that.

“My possum won a prize.”

Since: Jun 10

Candler

#20 Nov 24, 2010
klan enforcer wrote:
what the f@@@ is a holiday parade. too damn much political correctness in world'. call it what it is. i myself profess to be a racist redneck hillbilly.the rest of you are leberrasl left wing wackos or either conservative right wing crazies. hellmaan up and be proud of who you are. don t back down from the pc police. f@@@ the. they dont like the way i look or how I ac t they can kiss my ass opn both sides. i bow and cater to no one and if you get offended reasl eassy stay away from me. oh and these gay fags on bikes who want to escort people out of town, i will pull a sons of anarchy bit on their a@@ YOU CAN COUnt on that.
Baw haw haw haw...I suspect you are a teen age boy playing X box in mommies basement and picking at your pimples. You sound like you dropped out of 9th grade son.
Bleeding Heart

Marion, NC

#22 Nov 24, 2010
It's a KISS MY AS* parade.

Political Correctness for the queers, lesbos, NAACP blacks and No-balls elected officials!!!
Harry

Black Mountain, NC

#23 Nov 24, 2010
Bleeding Heart wrote:
It's a KISS MY AS* parade.
Political Correctness for the queers, lesbos, NAACP blacks and No-balls elected officials!!!
You tell 'em, you bigoted prejudiced racist ignorant moron!
Buncy

Asheville, NC

#24 Nov 24, 2010
ExMsMe wrote:
<quoted text> Baw haw haw haw...I suspect you are a teen age boy playing X box in mommies basement and picking at your pimples. You sound like you dropped out of 9th grade son.
You think the shitbird got THAT far in school?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fugitive from Florida arrested (Aug '08) Dec 12 jon1 12
Sage Tabor (Oct '10) Dec 8 Debo 6
Select Homes Property Management Company Dec 1 Ted Smith 3
Any whatsapp women Nov 26 Anonymous 1
Two homes in Canton raided, drugs found Nov 22 RLR 1
Amanda Marie Carver/Phil Worley Nov '14 Debbie 2
Paper Factory Smell (Jun '10) Nov '14 ravepuppy 26
Canton Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Canton People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Canton News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Canton

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:21 am PST

NFL 6:21AM
Atlanta? San Fran? Where might Rex end up next?
NBC Sports11:58 AM
Panthers add Frank Alexander to 53-man roster
NBC Sports12:21 PM
Falcons hoping for 0-0 fresh start in playoffs - NBC Sports
NBC Sports12:38 PM
Steven Jackson undergoing further testing on quad
NBC Sports 1:27 PM
Another strong December has Panthers on playoff doorstep - NBC Sports