'Flat Daddy' Keeps Deployed Soldier With Ohio Family | Ohio News Network (ONN)

Full story: 10TV WBNS

Many Ohio families have loved ones serving their country, but not everybody has a cardboard replica of their soldier.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Lisa Ross County

Chillicothe, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

I wish I had thought of something like this when my son was deployed! Twice, one year in Irac and 14 months in Afghanistan! Greatest idea I have ever heard!
UNREAL

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Outstanding idea!!!
9-11 still stong

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

How About wrote:
How about making ones of 100,000 Iraqi children who were slaughtered because of W's lies ?
Another idiot comes out of the wood-work! How about the 2,000 plus Americans that died on 9-11, or one of good ole Binny.(WAIT! That was Obama who ordered that, and the troops in Afghanistan..no that is Obama again. Learn to keep your pie-hole shut.
Great News

Newark, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 19, 2011

Judged:

Excellent idea! What an awesome way to honor those serving!

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

The best part will be seeing these guys come home and the surprise on their faces when they see how much their kids have grown. Their kids will know their parent's face, too.
Great idea!
makittel

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

First, I am so glad that there are ignorant, hateful, stupid people out there who help make the world spin or else we would all be standing still.
With that said, I thought this was gonna be stupid idea UNTIL I READ THE ARTICLE!

What an awesome idea! There are so many good things to this! People are working by making the cutouts, kids are stayin close to the parent who is serving and protecting YOU and YOURS. All of this makes it easier for the mothers, fathers, children and wives and husbands of those deployed and being missed like crazy!
Way to Go mom

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

This is a great idea to keep the kids connected and that way they don't forget his face. That is such a hard age to understand. This mom is doing a great job of making sure that doesn't happen. Way to go Mom, these deployments are hard on everyone!!
Retiree Evendozen

Hermitage, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

Wonderfully, cute idea. Hopefully, many more will join her! Come home soon, Heroes. Thank you for your brave service...
Joanna and Gary Congrove

Heath, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2011

Judged:

What a great way to keep Daddy, Jim Phipps, in the daily lives of the children. Our prayers will be for his safe return, and God's blessing on his family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 9 of9
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Canal Winchester Discussions

Search the Canal Winchester Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bennett Smith gate stories from the victims poi... (May '13) 6 min laughable 1,946
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 7 min Old Guy 25,326
HHS Secretary Kathleen Sebelius Resigning 40 min Pope Che Reagan Christ I 86
Xenos Christian Fellowship is a CULT! (Jul '12) 43 min no thanks 768
Krauthammer: Benghazi DONE, Administration Won! 1 hr Seriouslady 24
Is Nevada rancher a freeloader? 1 hr RU_Kiddingme 110
why is chelsea clinton so ugly? 1 hr Captain Toothbrush 8
•••
•••
•••
•••

Canal Winchester Jobs

•••
•••