canajoharie water front and winter green park

Posted in the Canajoharie Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
billp

Troy, NY

#1 Jun 2, 2007
i can not see why the town and vilage do not ask the state to stock the creek in winter green would make nice trout stream. and am sur both palintine and canjo would benifit from a fish tourny both land class and boat class with a pay per enter 50% winer 50% to all 3 towns pluss could set up boths to sell items money from both rentals might be great way for area to benifit $$ wise and name wise tourest bucks to be made and had
Trout

Geneva, NY

#2 Jun 4, 2010
Its too warm for trout.
Trout

Geneva, NY

#3 Jun 4, 2010
get the crackheads and pitbulls out and you will have a lot of tourists.
gput

Gloversville, NY

#4 Jun 5, 2010
I agree with Trout!!
Chris

Albany, NY

#5 Jun 7, 2010
The canjo creek is on the DEC stocking list, 1250 8-9" and 100 12-15" for April.
VIP

Albany, NY

#6 Jun 15, 2010
I agree. I believe she's a nice body of water to sustain Browns, and Rainbows. Matter of fact, I believe that the county would also benefit in stocking the Mohawk with two year old Browns and Rainbows. The big issue with sustaining a trout population is the Great Herron and the King Fishers. Both have detrimented the Battenkills' trout population. I would challenge the County to invest our Rivers and Streams.
johnwhite

Albany, NY

#7 Jun 16, 2010
VIP wrote:
I agree. I believe she's a nice body of water to sustain Browns, and Rainbows. Matter of fact, I believe that the county would also benefit in stocking the Mohawk with two year old Browns and Rainbows. The big issue with sustaining a trout population is the Great Herron and the King Fishers. Both have detrimented the Battenkills' trout population. I would challenge the County to invest our Rivers and Streams.
yes it would be nice to see both the canjo and the creek in fort plain fully stockedand made in to prime waters as for king sishers and great herron belive both are protected and ar cool to watch them being around is a sign of a healthy sysytem
wondering

Johnsburg, NY

#8 Jun 18, 2010
Can we swim in winter green if we stay away from the falls?
carnys suck

Albany, NY

#9 Jun 20, 2010
no you cant they have the idea they can keep people away from the creek
sneakers

Albany, NY

#10 Jun 20, 2010
you wanna swim,go ahead,if you want jump off the falls go ahead,if you get hurt not to worry ,you can call "911" and Canjo's rescue team will come & save your sorry ass and put their lives in danger doing so. Then & only then you can pay the fine.
There is a reason for the "NO SWIMMING" sign,do ya THINK you can figure it out.

carnys suck

Albany, NY

#11 Jun 20, 2010
was not talking the falls i year or 2 ago had some in the office try to tell me you could not even get feet wet when fishing. and state law prevents them from stopping fishing in state stocked waters
Tyrone Shoelaces

Albany, NY

#12 Jun 20, 2010
If you want to swim go to the River. When I was a kid we had rope swings along the river. I don't see or hear of the kids around here doing that. What a resource and the kids don't use it. There's plenty of access points. I think some kid ought to do just that and they'll be famous for starting a good rope swing.
wondering

Altamont, NY

#13 Jun 24, 2010
is it illegal to swim in the boiling pot
kay scarpetta

Pittsfield, MA

#14 May 18, 2012
Trout wrote:
Its too warm for trout.
One of the reasons is because the slate is so slippery that many kids have died there while cliff diving... 11 kids in the 11 years I've lived here... Others died because they slipped on the slate and drowned while walking to the falls...
Every single year, someone's child dies in wintergreen park.. I would imagine this is the reason why fishing there would not be allowed..
Also, people come from all over and they leave all their filth behind.. they break beer bottles and throw the broken glass in the waters.. they leave dirty diapers right in the falls, on the slate... that along with dog crap, and trash, is reason enough..
why make such statements

Pittsfield, MA

#15 May 19, 2012
Trout wrote:
get the crackheads and pitbulls out and you will have a lot of tourists.
I really wish people would stop putting pitbulls in such a class. They are used as therapy dogs in hospitals and schools. They are not evil creatures that everyone believes them to be. As for stocking Wintergreen Park, where the hell do you think the fish are going to go as soon as we get rain. And I really wonder where the hell a boat is going to float at Wintergreen.
white oleander

Queensbury, NY

#16 May 20, 2012
why make such statements wrote:
<quoted text>
I really wish people would stop putting pitbulls in such a class. They are used as therapy dogs in hospitals and schools. They are not evil creatures that everyone believes them to be. As for stocking Wintergreen Park, where the hell do you think the fish are going to go as soon as we get rain. And I really wonder where the hell a boat is going to float at Wintergreen.
I believe there are very few naturally vicious dogs, but lots of ill-prepared and clueless owners.
john

Pittsfield, MA

#17 Jun 21, 2012
i've been going to wintergreen since i was a small kid and back then it was nice and clean now that all ricans and blacks found out about it they all come and bring there dogs and they shit all over the place and bark all the time and then theres the shitty diapers i mean what gross disguisting pigs thank god they dont live around here stay in amsterdam or go swim in the river and drown stop ruining what we have as for the stocking the canajoharie creek which thats what it is they do stock it and for the no swimming signs thats so there no liable if one of these drunk idiots or dirty ball mexicans slips and gets hurt you can swim but at your own risk
canjo

Lacona, NY

#18 Jun 22, 2012
canjo cops got nothing better to do then write tickets if go in the creek.close the park.
sucks

Gilboa, NY

#19 Jun 22, 2012
i used to take my kids to winter green park picnicking all the time. we had a blast wading cray fishing playing in water. Never saw the falls everyone dies at. Now that my grandchildren are finally old enough was looking forward to taking them. I will have to check it out for my self and see if it is still nice. Hope another family fun spot is not ruined by a select few scumbags.
runswithscissors

Albany, NY

#20 Jun 22, 2012
Stay out of the water. Was informed that by order of the Mayor and Chief of Police, people are to be arrested on the spot if they are in any water in the entire Canajoharie Creek.

Over 70 arrests so far.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Canajoharie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
farm market 13 hr henry 4
Tire Place on Hill a rip off Wed Sam M 6
NYS office fine Minden Ex Supersvisor and Counc... Wed safe 8
chem trails Oct 27 whatup 1
Tanner Street off of 163 Oct 26 Curiousity 1
Quackenbush tell us about your Military Record Oct 26 VFW 2
Elite Travel Baseball 12u Oct 26 Coach 1
Canajoharie Dating
Find my Match

Canajoharie People Search