falling

Pulaski, NY

#1 Sep 13, 2011
this site is a site where everyone can talk about everyone who cares who gets hurt.. this site needs to be shut down
Agreed

Bristol, CT

#2 Sep 13, 2011
falling wrote:
this site is a site where everyone can talk about everyone who cares who gets hurt.. this site needs to be shut down
I want to come here to read about what's going on in my hometown, not some highschool bullshit rantings about people. Those threads should be pulled immediately, and the losers that start them should be banned for life. It's bullying, plain and simple.
Sally

United States

#3 Sep 15, 2011
AMEN. To both posts!
Loser

United States

#4 Sep 16, 2011
Yeah, that's great!!! Once this site gets shut down, you can go to the public library and burn all the books that you don't agree with also.
That is called censorship of speech. You have the freedom of choice,(supposedly). If you don't want to see something, don't look at it. It can't get any simpler than that!! No one makes you look at the bullshit threads.
Uppercut

Utica, NY

#5 Sep 16, 2011
Loser wrote:
Yeah, that's great!!! Once this site gets shut down, you can go to the public library and burn all the books that you don't agree with also.
That is called censorship of speech. You have the freedom of choice,(supposedly). If you don't want to see something, don't look at it. It can't get any simpler than that!! No one makes you look at the bullshit threads.
perfect. you nailed it.

these are the same idots who will tell you "if you don't like the country, then leave!" but when it comes to Topix they'll never take their own advice. They are too addicted to the hate and gossip, they crave it.
Duh

Bristol, CT

#6 Sep 16, 2011
You guys are totally missing the point. It's great to be able to express your opinion, but some of these threads about specific people are downright mean and probably slanderous to boot. I can't believe there are people out there who do that. It's completely juvenile.
Loser

United States

#7 Sep 16, 2011
Duh wrote:
You guys are totally missing the point. It's great to be able to express your opinion, but some of these threads about specific people are downright mean and probably slanderous to boot. I can't believe there are people out there who do that. It's completely juvenile.
No. You're missing the point. They say that they want the whole site shut down, and people being banned for life. Who made them the Topix police? On every post it has a "button", that say "report". If you don't like what something says, there are ways of letting your frustration be known. The moderators delete things all the time.
But again, who has made these the ones to decide what everyone else can read, say or whatever. 99% of the posts on here can be figured out what it is, by just reading the name of it. If it's nothing that you're interested in, then don't read it.
By saying that the site should be shut down due to some idiots being stupid, is the same thing as banning swimming pools because a kid drowned. It doesn't make any sense.
I don't agree with all of the things that get put on here either. What do I do? I don't read them!! You can't go through life "banning" things just because you don't like it. Where is the individual freedom of choice/speech,(that we are suppose to have) in that?
One person running around telling others what they can and cannot do/say/or see?? That sounds a little like the socialistic dictatorship that the federal government is trying to push onto us right now. We don't need the "average citizen" trying to do the same.
EVERYBODY, JUST LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE AND BE RESPONSABLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND FAMILIES.
The world would probably be a better place.
Uppercut

Utica, NY

#8 Sep 16, 2011
Loser wrote:
<quoted text>
No. You're missing the point. They say that they want the whole site shut down, and people being banned for life. Who made them the Topix police? On every post it has a "button", that say "report". If you don't like what something says, there are ways of letting your frustration be known. The moderators delete things all the time.
But again, who has made these the ones to decide what everyone else can read, say or whatever. 99% of the posts on here can be figured out what it is, by just reading the name of it. If it's nothing that you're interested in, then don't read it.
By saying that the site should be shut down due to some idiots being stupid, is the same thing as banning swimming pools because a kid drowned. It doesn't make any sense.
I don't agree with all of the things that get put on here either. What do I do? I don't read them!! You can't go through life "banning" things just because you don't like it. Where is the individual freedom of choice/speech,(that we are suppose to have) in that?
One person running around telling others what they can and cannot do/say/or see?? That sounds a little like the socialistic dictatorship that the federal government is trying to push onto us right now. We don't need the "average citizen" trying to do the same.
EVERYBODY, JUST LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE AND BE RESPONSABLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND FAMILIES.
The world would probably be a better place.
BOOM!
Duh

Bristol, CT

#9 Sep 16, 2011
Loser wrote:
<quoted text>No. You're missing the point. They say that they want the whole site shut down, and people being banned for life. Who made them the Topix police? On every post it has a "button", that say "report". If you don't like what something says, there are ways of letting your frustration be known. The moderators delete things all the time.
But again, who has made these the ones to decide what everyone else can read, say or whatever. 99% of the posts on here can be figured out what it is, by just reading the name of it. If it's nothing that you're interested in, then don't read it.
By saying that the site should be shut down due to some idiots being stupid, is the same thing as banning swimming pools because a kid drowned. It doesn't make any sense.
I don't agree with all of the things that get put on here either. What do I do? I don't read them!! You can't go through life "banning" things just because you don't like it. Where is the individual freedom of choice/speech,(that we are suppose to have) in that?
One person running around telling others what they can and cannot do/say/or see?? That sounds a little like the socialistic dictatorship that the federal government is trying to push onto us right now. We don't need the "average citizen" trying to do the same.
EVERYBODY, JUST LEAVE PEOPLE ALONE AND BE RESPONSABLE FOR YOUR OWN ACTIONS AND FAMILIES.
The world would probably be a better place.
FYI I am not one of those who want the whole site shut down, just the stupid, inflammatory and embarrassing threads removed. We do agree on some things.
vegas

Johnsburg, NY

#10 Sep 16, 2011
it wouldn't be bad if people left peoples names out of it especially when their not alive to defend themselves i think that's what your missing. My god what kind of person would bash the dead.. The same person that gets on every topix and bash everyone else that's the one who needs to be banned he gets on just to fight with everyone you cant even say something nice about Camden on here cause you got that jerk all over the topix's disgracing everything
It does suck

New Hartford, NY

#11 Feb 19, 2012
What a horrible place. Why would anyone come here to just hurt other people?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Camden Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ronnie Santee sr 10 hr sassy 1
Dumb Students 11 hr Buck 8
Pfohl's beachouse 12 hr Daft 32
Shack on 16th Ave Wed Cuse44 20
Social Security Disabilty Wed Capps 10
Camden girls varsity basketball Tue resigned 2
Malissa Allen lies Dec 15 213champ 5
Camden Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Camden People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Camden News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Camden

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:27 pm PST