Comments
1 - 20 of 22 Comments Last updated Jul 16, 2012
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
BEAT HEAT WAVE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

CITY of Everett got any public air-conditioning shelters to beat this weeks heat wave predicted to be bad. If so where and what hours
Everett

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 14, 2012
 

Judged:

2

BEAT HEAT WAVE wrote:
CITY of Everett got any public air-conditioning shelters to beat this weeks heat wave predicted to be bad. If so where and what hours
Go to Stop&Shop with a lawn chair. That's about all you're going to get from this pathetic city.
Opposite land

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 14, 2012
 

Judged:

1

stan,
Everett's ambassador to the city will be setting up his home as a shelter for anyone seeking relief from the heat.
Hours will be 10-10 M-F
6am-midnight on weekends.

Bilingual updates, details and directions to follow..
BEAT HEAT WAVE

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 14, 2012
 
Everett wrote:
<quoted text>
Go to Stop&Shop with a lawn chair. That's about all you're going to get from this pathetic city.
Isn't that sad. Nothing to help stay cool for elderly
Everett

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 14, 2012
 
Why isn't the Armory open?
Everett

Everett, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 14, 2012
 
Opposite land wrote:
stan,
Everett's ambassador to the city will be setting up his home as a shelter for anyone seeking relief from the heat.
Hours will be 10-10 M-F
6am-midnight on weekends.
Bilingual updates, details and directions to follow..
Will he be cooking for us too?
RESIDENT

Brookline, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

STAN "this is why this country is in a financial mess.it should be survival of the fittest. when cold spells and hot spells like this one come its purpose is to kill off some of the old and weak.its natures way...let theses old people die and get them off social security. it wasnt ment to be collected for decades. "

Stan never has an intelligent idea. He is mentally lacking.
just askin

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 15, 2012
 
RESIDENT wrote:
STAN "this is why this country is in a financial mess.it should be survival of the fittest. when cold spells and hot spells like this one come its purpose is to kill off some of the old and weak.its natures way...let theses old people die and get them off social security. it wasnt ment to be collected for decades. "
Stan never has an intelligent idea. He is mentally lacking.
Does this mean there won't be a bilingual update on your cool room accommodations?
BEAT HEAT WAVE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 15, 2012
 
Very sad all i can say
EVERETT is a terrible place to LIVE IF city can't protect its citizens
nice try

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

It's government's job to provide air conditioning now?!?
BEAT HEAT WAVE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 15, 2012
 
Generally the more fortunate helps the leather fortunate in the community. Aka elderly pregnant woman and sick people who have respiratory problems or heart problems that ate less fortunate and can not afford such life sustaining luxurys that others take for granted.
BEAT HEAT WAVE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 15, 2012
 
BEAT HEAT WAVE wrote:
Generally the more fortunate helps the leather fortunate in the community. Aka elderly pregnant woman and sick people who have respiratory problems or heart problems that ate less fortunate and can not afford such life sustaining luxurys that others take for granted.
correction leather should be LESS
sorry for the double post
BEAT HEAT WAVE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 15, 2012
 
Other city's provide shelters is it beneath Everett to ne humane?
nice try

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 15, 2012
 

Judged:

2

1

I already help the less fortunate by paying $50k+ a year in taxes, exaggerated medical costs, Medicare & SSI

Should I buy you an air conditioner too?

They're $100,
put one on your EBT card,
and they'll take it out of the tax I already paid.
BEAT HEAT WAVE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 15, 2012
 
nice try wrote:
I already help the less fortunate by paying $50k+ a year in taxes, exaggerated medical costs, Medicare & SSI
Should I buy you an air conditioner too?
They're $100,
put one on your EBT card,
and they'll take it out of the tax I already paid.
I have a good job. Excuse your ignorance. I pay takes to. I don't need a air-conditioning i have central air. I just felt sorry for the less fortunate. Lets hope karma don't kick you in the Butt . And you end up less fortunate. Oh by the way your not very educated are you. Where did you read i needed a air conditioner. Or that i have a ebt card.
Shame on you.
BEAT HEAT WAVE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 15, 2012
 
RESIDENT wrote:
STAN "this is why this country is in a financial mess.it should be survival of the fittest. when cold spells and hot spells like this one come its purpose is to kill off some of the old and weak.its natures way...let theses old people die and get them off social security. it wasnt ment to be collected for decades. "
Stan never has an intelligent idea. He is mentally lacking.
Why its their money with interest
nice try

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 15, 2012
 
BEAT HEAT WAVE wrote:
<quoted text>
I have a good job. Excuse your ignorance. I pay takes to. I don't need a air-conditioning i have central air. I just felt sorry for the less fortunate. Lets hope karma don't kick you in the Butt . And you end up less fortunate. Oh by the way your not very educated are you. Where did you read i needed a air conditioner. Or that i have a ebt card.
Shame on you.
Then go hand out air conditioners up on the hill in the projects where all the poor people are struggling to get by on my dime already.

I grew up poor,
so cry me a river for the disadvantaged
Mrs Tea

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 15, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

I went into the Medow Glen Mall and noticed that the food court is being used as a convenient get together for seniors for our area. It is air conditioned, not far away and you can have a cup of coffee while you do errands, or read, or God forbid, chat with someone. It is also on the bus line if anyone needs it.

For young and old alike, Everett has a beautiful pool located across from the HS! it is also on the bus line, free and a great way to beat the heat.

Another idea? Go to the local library! it, too is also air conditioned! you can even use the computers there, so you wont miss a minute of Everett Topix!
Mrs Tea

Malden, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Jul 15, 2012
 
To anyone who wants to use the everett pool, I suggest you get there as early as you can to the 11:00 am opening. If you wait until later in the day, you may have to wait in line.

Please, Moms, remember to use swimmies on babies and toddlers!
BEAT HEAT WAVE

Schenectady, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Jul 16, 2012
 
Mrs Tea wrote:
To anyone who wants to use the everett pool, I suggest you get there as early as you can to the 11:00 am opening. If you wait until later in the day, you may have to wait in line.
Please, Moms, remember to use swimmies on babies and toddlers!
excellent reply thank you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cambridge Discussions

Search the Cambridge Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Eau Canada: Caravan brings 1,000 litres of Cana... 1 hr Mike James 1
Beth hubartt 4 hr Curious 1
Barnstable District Court (Dec '10) 7 hr Interesting Thread 46
Is Carlo DeMaria a BULLY 7 hr FFFFFFFFFFFFFrules 11
Why would the Illuminati (CIA) be studying Rh N... (May '12) 9 hr whosthere 45
Groups rally locally in support of Israel, Pale... 12 hr Ignorant 8
I don't think we'll get the casino... but.... 13 hr FFFFFFFFFFFFFrules 8
•••
•••

Cambridge News Video

•••
Cambridge Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Cambridge Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Cambridge People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Cambridge News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Cambridge
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••