Statehood for Egypt: Cairo the state capitol.

Posted in the Cairo Forum

Comments
1 - 2 of 2 Comments Last updated Jul 7, 2012

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

I am a strong believer that in order for Southern Illinois to grow and prosper that the bottom 16 counties must secede from the state of Illinois and form a new state, our nickname is Egypt and that should be the name of our new state, and like Egypt, Cairo must be the capitol.
Chicago runs the state of Illinois and doesn't care about the very bottom of the state.
We have a university at Carbondale, we could rename Egyptian university and still keep the Egyptian dog Saluki as the motto.
Cairo at the junction of the Ohio and Mississippi rivers should have been a large city and still could be under the right conditions.
Southern Illinois "aka" Egypt will never be able to reach it's potential as long as Chicago is running things, we need statehood!
We are rich in coal, oil, gas and farming, and have a national forest for tourism and two mighty rivers at our shores on the left and the right to carry prosperity to our state.
Cairo must be the capitol, The Gateway to the South, and i believe if we had our own state, that not only could we rebuild Cairo but all of Egypt with our people working for our benefit as opposed to Chicago calling the shots.
This is a serious issue for me and i hope for others as well who want real change and a chance to forge our own destiny.
This would also add a little pride in Cairo and give the young something to look forward to.
It is possible with a little determination and a united voice.
Think about it, i am right, besides our "new" license plates would look cool with a pyramid in the center with contrasting colors of a golden pyramid and light blue sky overhead.
Brother

Cairo, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2012

Another jokester in the mix. Egypt. No way. Not an original bone in your body.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Cairo Forum right now

Search the Cairo Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 27 min Jonah1 49,244
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 57 min Nono 3,900
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 7 hr Weneedchange 147
What happened to streaming radio guide .com? (Apr '11) 20 hr savage fan 10
Heather Davis (Dec '13) 22 hr pissedoff 9
Cairo Schools need uniforms (Jan '12) Tue pride 13
WKRO radio off for good? (Sep '13) Mon knifeman 18
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cairo Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••