Ashley Oliver-Hwy 64 Murder and Suicide.

Posted in the Cahokia Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Eye Witness

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Yesterday at about 2:00 pm on fathers day weekend on sunday.We watched Ashley Oliver exit a vehicle on the overpass just outside the East St Louis exit. We pulled over because we were concerned for the girls safety but there were too many cars coming and we had our three kids in the car. We finally stopped about 100 feet away and watched Tommy Hill shoot his girlfriend Ashley Oliver multiple times.The whole time his little girl was in the car. When we slowed down to see what was going on. A semi tractor trailer was trying to get out of the way when he seen the gun and when we looked back and we seen them on the ground dead. He shot himself after he shot her, rite there in front of everyone. It happened so fast there was nothing we could do. We seen other people go to the girl after it happened so we left. There was nothing else to do but leave because we seen the same thing everyone else did. It was so sad to see something like that.We though to ourselfs that it would make the news when we got home and it did.We will never Forget that day. Make it a life lesson how not to be and live in anger. God bless Her Soul. Rest in peace Ashley Oliver. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Since: Jul 08

O Fallon, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

this was one of the most unbelievable and tragic stories i have read about. i cant imagine being in a car and watching this unfold in front of me. i know that some people are upset with themselves for not helping ashley but there really wasnt anything you could do or SHOULD do. he might have shot you too. he was obviously out of his mind. this situation is giving many people nightmares and will for years to come. not just the little girl who was in the car but all the people who saw it happen and who drove by it afterwards. this was a horrible horrible thing and i feel so bad for you.
Krissy

Chicago, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Hope this wakes up others who are in bad relationships. Get out!! Get away!! And dont meet him anywhere to talk it out.
Monya

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

This man had his mind made as to what he was going to do. Someone that seen this unfold could have helped & saved her for the moment but it seems like he was going to make it happen either way. Im sure it all happened too fast for anyone to react. Did i also hear that there was a kid in the car of the people this happened too?
tired of it all

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

no one could of helped if anyone would of got out of there car to helped they would of been shot just as well. thats just not right to try to make these people who witness this to feel guilty. they had no choice but to witness this horrific crime.
Monya

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

tired of it all wrote:
no one could of helped if anyone would of got out of there car to helped they would of been shot just as well. thats just not right to try to make these people who witness this to feel guilty. they had no choice but to witness this horrific crime.
Its human nature to wonder if their was more you could have done. Just a horrible tragedy. Condolences to family & friends & well wishes to all who witnessed.
oh brother

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

Monya wrote:
This man had his mind made as to what he was going to do. Someone that seen this unfold could have helped & saved her for the moment but it seems like he was going to make it happen either way. Im sure it all happened too fast for anyone to react. Did i also hear that there was a kid in the car of the people this happened too?
You need to keep your comments to yourself. I'm sure this was very tramatic for these people to witness. If anyone would have interveened they would have been shot also. He's the one who had the gun. May she rest in peace.
ccl

Saint Louis, MO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

tired of it all wrote:
well if the good people of illinois could carry a gun like all the other states can maybe some one could of shot him before it was to late
Monya

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

oh brother wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to keep your comments to yourself. I'm sure this was very tramatic for these people to witness. If anyone would have interveened they would have been shot also. He's the one who had the gun. May she rest in peace.
OK you dont understand by my comment that im agreeing with you. What im saying is it would have been dangerous for someone to try to save her cuz he would have done it at a later time. The witnesses of this horrible action did the right thing. Sorry you dont understand what im trying to say.
tired of it all

East Saint Louis, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Monya wrote:
<quoted text>Its human nature to wonder if their was more you could have done. Just a horrible tragedy. Condolences to family & friends & well wishes to all who witnessed.
well i was just trying to reassure the witness not to feel guilty. people like myself took your comment the wromg way.it is a shame and i feel so sorry for that little girl that had to witness her mother being killed. that poor girl will probably be tramatized the rest of her life.
Monya

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Judged:

tired of it all wrote:
<quoted text> well i was just trying to reassure the witness not to feel guilty. people like myself took your comment the wromg way.it is a shame and i feel so sorry for that little girl that had to witness her mother being killed. that poor girl will probably be tramatized the rest of her life.
Before anyone says something rude i want to say i know this is not about me or my family member but my niece was killed at 19 trying to "help" a friend out of a bad relationship. I absolutely agree that the witnesses could not do anything about it & could have been killed trying. Sad all the way around.
whatever

Troy, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 22, 2010

Let these people rest in peace. It's over and they have family and friends that are grieving. My sympathy to the families. We need to end this post for the sake of the families.
MAR

Belleville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 24, 2010

I pray for a peace of mind for not just the bereaved family but for yours as well....OUR FATHER WHO ART IN HEAVEN HALLOWED BE THY NAME THINE KINGDOM COME THINE WILL BE DONE ON EARTH AS IT IS IN HEAVEN,GIVE US THIS DAY OUR DAILY BREAD A FORGIVE US OUR DEBTS AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO TRESPASS AGAINST USMFOR THINE IS THE KINGDOM,POWER AND GLORY FOREVER...AMEN
Eye Witness wrote:
Yesterday at about 2:00 pm on fathers day weekend on sunday.We watched Ashley Oliver exit a vehicle on the overpass just outside the East St Louis exit. We pulled over because we were concerned for the girls safety but there were too many cars coming and we had our three kids in the car. We finally stopped about 100 feet away and watched Tommy Hill shoot his girlfriend Ashley Oliver multiple times.The whole time his little girl was in the car. When we slowed down to see what was going on. A semi tractor trailer was trying to get out of the way when he seen the gun and when we looked back and we seen them on the ground dead. He shot himself after he shot her, rite there in front of everyone. It happened so fast there was nothing we could do. We seen other people go to the girl after it happened so we left. There was nothing else to do but leave because we seen the same thing everyone else did. It was so sad to see something like that.We though to ourselfs that it would make the news when we got home and it did.We will never Forget that day. Make it a life lesson how not to be and live in anger. God bless Her Soul. Rest in peace Ashley Oliver. Our prayers are with you and your family.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

18 Users are viewing the Cahokia Forum right now

Search the Cahokia Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Will Trucker chicken out tomorrow 11 min Trucker 6
I'll be in CahoKEE A tomorrow 12 min well 8
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 13 min Cali Girl 2014 47,109
Trucker already chickening out 14 min Trucker 8
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr Chicagobunny 3,787
Easter dinner 9 hr I Know 10
Happy Easter 10 hr well 21
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cahokia Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cahokia People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE